Monday, May 01, 2023

T STands For Time Flies (Hello May)

 
This is for Elizabeth´s T and the only coffee my stomach takes...
Usually I certainly have tea!!!! 

Journal? 
 
 
Monday: Ingo overslept a bit, got up 04:10 am.
I had weird dreams for the next 45 minutes.
Brushed my teeth with an old-fashioned tooth brush, the basin was in a foreign room and a woman came in.
I think my mind was in 1999 when we had a plain cabin and I had to go to the community wash-room (+ toilets & showers).
WHO DREAMS OF BRUSHING TEETH?!
 
I then went into our living room and Ingo´d put up a device that was directed to the sun, sending the pictures of the solar eclipse to my monitor.
It was just to be seen in Australia, we heard on the news.

Ingo´d really booked the flight to Perth but again I have trouble getting a cabin and my brain works on that, I reckon...
 
  
Tuesday: We still wait for Spain, so my work load is (too) low. I hate such days, I prefer hectic.
Went out to get a ready-to-go-salad. It was so cold I ended up with a ready-to-go broccoli-"lasagna".
Had seen a hula hup-ring I wanted but didn´t buy. Decided differently and went back (it´s but 5 minutes to walk).
Sun out, it was warm I also bought a salad. The sports-device is too big, Ingo made it smaller by putting one element out. But how to get it going???
GACK! In my next life I´m tall(er)!!!
 

Wednesday: We all "hang in the air", waiting for Barcelona to give us work!
Like a detective I go through  the systems to find work, forgotten documents etc. I´m Sherlock Holmes.
 

Thursday: What a funny day. I am to translate a document from the French in English to German.
I had to laugh so hard. When non-natives have to write a "manual"...
"couple entree" - hmmm, YUM, hungry! But without Ingo? And on a tram, too? Luxury!!
They meant coupler, which gives it a whole other meaning. 

OK, no, but I managed to get MS Word to do what I want!
I had to ask no one, it was exhausting and I was a lille proud of myself - HA-HA, WORD, YOU!
 

Friday: 235 pages to check "manually" from C to D - ahhhhhh. And the prospect of translating it cause I was so dumb to say, "we don´t have to give it away for money, I can do that".
 
German saying: Ins Knie schießen - shoot yourself into your knee...
Figures are involved. In French to top it all. 
Why am I like that?! Shooting before thinking (I will make it, I can).
 
Later to-be-Teamleader asked me questions about MS WORD! He me!
 
Sad: My Russian might be out - but not really gone, ESE tries to  find a project for him.
 
Went to EDEKA and a tiny old lady: "Excuse me, I see you are small too... but can you reach the cheese?" (could) "Do you know where to find Crème fraîche?" (showed her).

KARMA POINTS! Ingo later: We have seats side by side on the flights to/from Perth.


Weekend: Saturday: Got spoiled big, post to come. Worked hard, too - for yum.
Sunday: Slow. 

Food (amongst other):


Art-wise I join Aimeslee with Spring
I cannot comment btw. Blogger has the hiccups AGAIN!

 
I used the backside of the pepper-sketch, too!

A late P.S. to this post.... This is what I / we expected when we went to buy our wedding rings in Perth! 
"Trauringe" is the German word. Trauen... dare to??? Germans do have humor.


Pick and go! No such luck! But we managed after all!


See here, if you like.

Kathy, if you read along: Another reason I love lake(s):

 
And, yes. Wedding dress was AU$ 7,99 from K-Mart :-) 
I bought it in blue, too. 
And yes, it was windy. my hair looks even worse, LOL...
Friend B suggested the black-/white glasses not knowing they turn into sun glasses outside - I was too "nervous"  to realize... Ask a man for advice ;-) - he was the photographer and driver, too. 
 
It was cloudy - in summer - and we had a rainbow later - friends said it´s a sign for a happy marriage - ESPECIALLY at this summer-time. 
 
Henry 🦁

 
It´s May already. How did this happen?
 

 


28 comments:

William Kendall said...

Time flies, doesn't it?

Iris Flavia said...

Sadly, yes... now the "good" half of the year starts!

Anonymous said...

your food take out sounds really good, another busy week, proud of you figuring out computer stuff.
ah I love the lake photo for your wedding-awesome. Smiling hugs to you both
Happy T hugs Kathy and the Lake

Tom said...

...you will never be able to buy another wedding dress at Kmart!

My name is Erika. said...

Pretty flowers in your drawing Iris. I'm glad you're still joining us at AJJ And it's interesting how those rings all match. here it is not common for a husband and wife to wear the same style ring.But that is a great photo of you both kissing by the lake.It must be a good memory for you to see it and post it. Have a great T day. hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

dream can be strange.
Coffee is on and stay safe.

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, thank you and hugs back! :-) Also to your lake (and you of course!)

____

Tom, I hope I need not another wedding dress ;-)
But I sure will go back to Kmart. They have such fun toys and certainly... books!

____


Erika, the flower-thanks goes to Ingo! ;-)
Yes, the ring-thing was very important! It shows we belong together - how else do you identify a married couple? Gosh, I am so old-fashioned! Hugs

____

Dora, yes, and stupid, too. Still cannot comment on your blog btw...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I only remember the weird dreams and that one sounded very different. Loved the drawing of you brushing your teeth.

How great you took on that project and your team didn't have to outsource it. I know that was above and beyond, so congrats.

Nice wedding photo, and a very frugal weddung dress.

Your coffee looks good. Yes, I prefer coffee, so this looked good. thanks for sharing your calendar, your dream, your wedding, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

W#here is my head? I LOVE the bouquet of flowers you got from Ingo and even more, I love that you shared it with us using Aimeslee's theme at AJJ.

River said...

It's May 2nd here and the twins are 11 months old today.
Your wedding rings are lovely.
The boiled egg looks delocious, I can never get them just right so I make scrambled eggs instead.
I am glad you got plane seats together and now hope a cabin can be found too.

My name is Erika. said...

I just wanted to mention that yes there are warm water lobsters like there was in Cuba, but they are a different type of lobster. I’ve had them in Key West, Florida, but they aren’t as good. At least to me. And I agree. I liked social distancing in lines too. 👍

nwilliams6 said...

Glad for the plane seats being together as that is a long flight!

Hoping your next work week is much busier. I am like you - I will find work if there is nothing. I can't stand to wait or be bored.

Love your flower.

I dream of brushing my teeth. I have since I was a child. Sometimes it is nightmares and they fall out, but I don't have that one often (thankfully).

Happy T-day, Iris. Hugz

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth - the dress is what I wanted and Ingo was OK with it :-)
To a great Tuesday, dear host! The flowers are in full bloom now and move from private- to work-PC again!

____

River, 11 months - time so flies!
LOL.
I think Ingo - as he said the egg is not doen fully - gets scrambled ones from now on!!!
Practical way to face life!
Cabin I´m at still...

____

Erika, I think German ones are from cold water, but mine tasted... not good...
Oh, that was.. 2004 or such, looong ago.
Yes! I still try and keep a distnance to strangers.

_____

Nancy, yes, it will be a loooong flight and I hate flying.
YES to work!

I have these dreams, too, teeth falling out, ewww!!!!!
I read ages ago what it might be about. And forgot!!! Hugz to that!

Let's Art Journal said...

Where does the time go! It's funny what we dream about, isn't it. So lovely to see your wonderful drawings this week. You look so happy in your wedding photo, such a lovely photo of you both 😊. Wishing you a happy May! Hugs, Jo x

RedPat said...

Love your wedding pic. It is so casual and unorchestrated. And I always enjoy your journal pages.

Divers and Sundry said...

There's no accounting for dreams, no telling what will show up there. Sweet wedding memories :) I've never eaten an egg fixed that way. Happy T Tuesday!

The Padre said...

Action Packed Update - Well Done

Cheers

Iris Flavia said...

Jo, thank you to all - yes, it was a happy day! And I cannot "play", so just snap away! :-) Hugs

____

Divers and Sundry, dreams can be "bad"! How do you eat your eggs???

____

Padre, thank you, no idea if THAT boring week had enough action, though! Cheers anyways, I have a Märzen right here (Braunschweig beer)

Empire of the Cat said...

Hmm dreaming about teeth, maybe subconsciously you are worried about your teeth? Love your flower painting. Oh are you going to Perth again? I must have missed that as I haven't been online much (sick). Hope you are well. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry you´ve been sick! Yes, end of January, when it has "warmed up" :-)
Yes... since weeks (months?) I am to make an app at the dentist. But I´m soooo afraid! Can you go for me? ;-) hugs xx

Amypie71 said...

What was your dream about? It's not often I can remember my dreams but when i do they are really really weird.

Carola Bartz said...

Manchmal träumen wir schon merkwürdige Sachen, wer weiß, was da in unserem Unterbewußtsein so abgeht. Schöne Erinnerungen an deine Hochzeit in Australien. Ich hatte keine Ahnung, dass es in Australien K-mart gibt/gab, haben die also genauso einen schlechten Geschmack wie wir. Zum Glück gibt es K-mart hier nicht mehr, kein Verlust.

Iris Flavia said...

Amy, I think I´m afraid I´ll have trouble again booking the darn cabin!
It was a horror-trip twice already and I needed help from friends in Perth!

____

Carola, K-mart Australia ist eigentlich sehr gut!
Aber jetzt verstehe ich Tom´s Kommentar - es gibt K-mart nicht mehr in den USA??? Wow. In Australien sind es eher Läden wie Target, die schrottig sind...

Sharon Fritchman said...

What a beautiful group of drawings, Iris! Thanks for sharing them. I especially like the one entitled Flowers from Ingo! It's gorgeous!! Enjoy the rest of your May!!! Hugs, Sharon

Lisca said...

Oh your wedding picture at the lake! How lovely! I clicked on the link and read your blogpost of the wedding and saw more photos. You look gorgeous in that little dress. And I must say that Ingo also looked very smart in his white suit.A lovely couple.
Belated happy T-Day,
Lisca

pearshapedcrafting said...

It's funny - the things we dream about - I often remember my dreams but hubby hardly ever does! I love your flowers for Aimeslee's AJJ theme, thank you so much for joining us! Lovely to see you and Ingo by the lake on your wedding day. Belated Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Iris, those flowers must have been amazing in real life because your painting of them is! Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ! I enjoyed the whole post, too! xoxo

Kate Yetter said...

I loved your journal pages and the beautiful flowers!
Great photo from your weeding! A wonderful memory I am sure, even though your hair is blowing.
Sorry I am late making it around this week.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate