Saturday, April 22, 2023

Don´t Fall (For Them) And Waste

 
 
This is no ad, these are products I use, and they vary.
But they have one thing in common: They are made to cheat us! 
 
The one to the left, and the middle ones were "empty". "Used".
 
I do this, I take some scissors...
 

And then I keep using those creams for another 2-3 weeks, look what´s still in there!


Call me frugal or that I care - today is Earth Day and  with that Elizabeth´s bEARTHday!

Happy, Happy bEARTHday from here, too! And with this I also join Bleubeard and Elizabeth´s recycling theme.

"Outsmart" those companies if you don´t get your products in glass-bowls where you see what´s left, I think, right?
 
Henry 🦁

Yes, Papa. To many more healthy years.
 

 


12 comments:

Tom said...

...I have scissors like yours, but no cream.

My name is Erika. said...

I do the same thing, with paint too. I hate when you can't get all of the creamy substance out. I always try to use up every last little bit that I paid for. Smile. Thanks for sharing another drawing with us at AJJ. And happy weekend Iris. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

I do that, too. It makes a huge difference! I've also rescued a lot of paint from tubes that way.

CJ Kennedy said...

Yup

magiceye said...

A very useful tip indeed!

William Kendall said...

Quite handy!

Bill said...

Great tip to get all what you paid for.

RedPat said...

It is the same thing with plastic bottles that have a top that you can't unscrew. I take a set of pliers to them and twist the top until it comes off and there is sometimes an inch of cream left in there.

Anonymous said...

yep good post Iris hugs
Happy Earth Day
From a very windy and cold lake

peppylady (Dora) said...

Happy Earth day.
Coffee is on and stay safe.

River said...

I have been doing exactly the same thing for many years now. Especially the big "pump" bottles of shampoo and hair conditioner, where the product is thick enough so it doesn't run down the insides to where it can get pumped from the bottom. I cut those open and find almost half the product is clinging to the sides, so I scrape it out into an empty screw top jar and use it. Sometimes I add a little water to make it runnier and pour it into empty squeeze bottles that used to hold tomato sauce.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am running so far behind, Iris. Thank you for the bEARTHday wishes, dear. I LOVE your
idea for the cream. For shampoo, I add water to the last of the shampoo and get at least five more washes. Frugal is NOT overrated! Thanks, too, for this great entry at AJJ using Bleubeard's and my theme. LOVE that drawing.