Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Funny Clothes, Old Glasses And A Future?
A chat occured this morning. Just because I silently shouted “good morning” over to someone I don´t work with, but who is around from time to time. He talked to the trainee, standing in the doorframe – I do not know his name and he thinks my name is Ines.
And yes, I can shout silently ;-)
He´s really nice, quiet, interested.
- Yes, I do this job for 13 years already.
- Time so flies!
- Yes, and an end is in sight, too (it is).
- What will you do after that?
Oh, my… I am on the right way with what I am heading for, he thinks (HTML5, CSS3, Sass).
He thinks when I´m fit, they might need me here, I could make it to VW even, he´d try and help me (he is VW).
He says I´m known here (duuuuhhh? What?! Really?!!!! I seriously did not know this!)
You know… there might be hope?
Working life was good to me so far – well apart from having to drive nearly 80km each day and having ###.
But the rest is just plain perfect!
The working hours (05:45 – 14:15, and a day off on the more each month), the customer, the freedom I got, no one sitting on my shoulder, everybody content with my work and the work is fun, too.
In two years time´s up in this project.
This might´ve been just a chat or maybe something very, very important for my future.
I was wearing a red T-Shirt with Bart on it (see pic above), aiming with a slingshot at the one who looks at you – luckily and hopefully my sweater-jacket hid most of it.
But that it´s a Simpsons-shirt was obvious.
And because it´s red I wore my red glasses – 10 years old.
He was wearing a tie even…
Gnah!
But I reckon he does not judge a book my it´s cover.
He said he thinks it´s great I learn all this stuff autodidactic.
I went to a short further training and have a paper (no grade or such) on participating in HTML5, I´m a graded Engineer and all that might do the trick.
Whew. I was excited and under a lot of pressure that moment!
I don´t have self-confidence but it seems he thinks I can do the job.
Thanks to my ex-teamleader I now know his name, I know he is "just" a member of our department, "under" A, who knows me and is supportive.
But, hey, I head in the right direction and that is such a reassuring feeling, am I happy!
It´s sunny, 22C, ### wished me a "happy weekend... eeehhhh, nice, sunny afternoon!".
Oh, seesh.
He tries hard, he can be nice.
But next moment the arrogance comes out, it´s a difficult thing.
Ex-teamleader suggested I ask now-teamleader if I can move to another colleague who recently moved, but she has a noisy customer by her side often.
But "cute" ex-teamleader still cares for me, huh?
Yes, 22C, sunny - and windy like hell.
We stay home...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment