Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Life In Braunschweig - The Seven Year Itch



For a change... yes, I still do have a life here, too :-) Like in the pic above it´s a construction at work with an unknown goal.
Well or rather the way is the goal, right?

A day off today, maybe my annual meet-up with the boss this arvo.

Saturday we did not go to have a real pizza in town, Ingo could not manage 3 pizza-meals in a row.
Instead we went to Schadt´s and since we´re there regularly I was allowed a kid´s meal, I mean... I just had to try the "Simpsonteller", right?



(Yes, I know how to make a screenshot. But I´m in Germany, there are rights on pics and making a picture of my monitor makes the pic mine....)

Anyhows. It´s a kid´s menu, right?
No!



Do kids eat so much these days??? And no, they did not make an extra-big portion for me, they know I do not eat much...
Weird, I certainly could not eat it all!

Back home Ingo "fixed" our power-problem with an article for €2 and now we can.



Yes.



HUAWEI, DVD-player and tablet:



Sunday in the devil´s kitchen (Teufelsküche):



Yum!



After that - still light outside, yay for summer-time! - we started Mad Max II - nice to see the roads we very likely travelled in 1999...



...but. The movie is too sick for my liking! Sorry, Ingo. Part one was tough, this was too much.

Monday we went for a short walk and promptly found a new statue:



So new, there was no hint on from whom or why...



Hopefully that is added soon, because... it leaves one wondering...



Hmmmm, houses at river Oker:



I only wish spring makes it´s way to us, soon!

I also wish I will never be one to need this:



In this park there is also people using drugs, hence there are injection-needles in the rubbish bins.
Many a pensioneer has to add up his pension collecting bottles (container deposit legislation).
People who do not need the money can leave their drinking bottles, mostly beer-bottles, in those holes around the bin, so the pensioneer is not forced to accidentially grab into an injection.

And yes, that is the sad truth.

Wishing.... I can do that a lot, huh? Also for more murals and less ugly graffiti!



On we went to Villa Löbbecke - this is the good thing about the cold weather - you can sit by the lake:



With warmer temps this nice little lake turns into a stinking mud hole...

So, enjoy the view:







"The Seven Year Itch"?



Easter Monday seven years ago we had some sparkling wine.
After Ingo had an eel (ewww!)
And that lead us to the hospital.
Came August Ingo had a 40:60 chance to survive.



Anyhows we dared sparkling wine - no eel and (for Ingo) alcohol-free.

4 comments:

Sami said...

That's scary about that bin, at least the bottles can be put on the outside!
I like the houses by the river and the strange statue.
Sadly graffiti is everywhere, why do people do that? It's us taxpayers who pay for it's removal!!

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, but I think it´s sad that people have to collect other people´s bottles to make some extra-money for a living - after having had a full work-life.
True, it´s us taypayers who pay for the removals, weird, even if they catch the sprayers!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

That Ingo is a handy guy to have around Iris, don't let him eat anything dodgy again !

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I try to do my best, Grace! Eel. Yikes!