Monday, April 20, 2015
Perth, 03/07 – Gigantic Panic at Maccas
Don´t worry, gigantic certainly means: The Giants a last time ;-)
But... when we went to our Kingsway SC we found Maccas with one lane closed and chaos all over. People even honked!
Crazy, Maccas isn´t that popular here...
And we didn´t go, no our brekkie was this:
It´s really so great - buy a mango, go home, eat it.
So not possible in Germany. Buy one, green and hard as it is and try to find out when it´s really ready to eat. Likely you´re too early or too late. And expensive as they are you don´t give many tries, either, so we really enjoyed this a lot!
The funny guy at the Kingsway SC, who works there ever since, asked us to bring a Braunschweig-keyholder next time we visit.
As a guesture we brought our last mini-bottle of Jägermerister. Ingo made sure to bring some for occasions like this – and guess what!
We got a Sail & Anchor Mason Jar Twin Pack in return!!!
Aren´t those funny glasses?
And sure we know Sail & Anchor – another yummy beer from Freo!
I´m so glad they made it home in one piece, other than the Weizen-glasses we brought as a wished for pressie, that made it in one piece to Perth and one broke after customs duty opened my suitcase :-(
Off to the city we went and got some „Coats Dry & Itchy Throughts“ at Priceless in Carillion for me – since I was in that very cold store I sneeze and cough like crazy....
And what did we find?
These beautiful „murals“!
Went a (probably last time) to the Brass and met Giant´s volunteers on the way already.
After a beer I walked Ingo to the meet-up with all Giant´s volunteers and strolled on.
Ingo, who has a blog, too, but doesn´t blog anymore (...!) took some awesome pics (as the first above), so I post them here:
Did you see the guitar in the background? Let´s have a closer look:
When it says ATM it is ATM, as we saw in Freo already!
Funny art:
Awww and isn´t this elephant beautiful?
Part of the team:
Ingo with Transperth-security:
Why, I asked, what did you do?
He just wanted to show that there is such security.
Despite some lethal attacks here in Germany you do not find security - only cameras...
Here, you do, even though it´s pretty empty on a Saturday night:
Back to my pics - I´m sorry, but this somehow is my fav motive, I have to sneak it in just yet again, because it makes me smile:
And a look back, awww, this cheapy-cam was worth every cent!
And even the fact that it breaks at the lid was good - so I bought a second one and Ingo has one, too :-)
Did I mention the new one soon broke at the same place? Still working, certainly and luckily.
Ewww, this ad gives me the creeps and makes me kinda want to start to work out again (too much pics to edit, what a wonderful excuse, no?):
Beautiful window at Meyers:
And whilst yesterday a Chinese festival was held, today Japan´s turn it was!
Again, with the journey back soon I did not try any food... Cute girl:
Soon after shops started closing down, I „found“ the plate of the Carillion bells, listened to them – short and done – interesting stuff, 1983 and „historic“ in one sentence ;-)
Awww, did I mention my cam can do?
Cute shop:
... with cute door-knob:
And then I went home, 7 minutes wait for the train, 33 minutes for the bus...
Love this (TV-)ad:
Maccas it was again - the chaos was gone btw - yes, still not back to complete normal. I later found some green salad – no kidding :-( Guess it was a real food poisining... never ever go without H2O for such a ready-to-go-salad!!!)
On TV was We scare cause we care, awww so fun to watch the movie again, esp since we brought the German Sulley here to our friend´s Son L!
Labels:
Australian Journey,
fun,
just me,
Perth,
the two of us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)































4 comments:
Sometimes I think you see things I always miss Iris :) another super series of Perth shots.
Thank you, Grace, also thanks to Ingo :-)
One of the last ones, sadly...
The door knob with the dog is a sleepwear shop -Peter Alexander.
Where's that first picture taken, never seen it, or the elephant either...
Nice pics, and as Grace says, you see things we don't see.
Does it have anything to do with the Austrian singer Peter Alexander? I was wondering "back then" already...
The first pic was taken by Ingo, too, at Chevron Festival Gardens - I wasn´t allowed to join. As the elephant - Ingo says it must still be there - is it?
Post a Comment