Sunday, April 19, 2015
Spring In Our Heads?
Spring is finally here, a tad late, but better late than never, huh?
Even Ingo´s parents are back from Spain, MIL yahoo-ed me today.
Why me, not Ingo?
I (sadly?) forgive quickly.
Ingo is still a tad mad about a very serious family-problem caused by her in 2006...
I´m still sad-mad about it, too.
But sometimes people make bad decisions. I bet she regrets it. If she just could say she was wrong and is sorry... maybe Ingo would forgive her...
That happened also around I time I decided I never again wanna live in a house like this - though this one has great colors at least, huh?
I had the most worst neighbor and could reach my small apartment only via access balcony, where she always stood in the way, saying nasty things.
She was a lonely, old, mean lady, her son visited her once that I witnessed in all those years (3?) I lived there.
For 5 minutes.
Bad memories...
At Rewe I spotted this, hilarious, no???
Pigs can fly!
Yes, only 8C, that´s why Ingo still wears his winter-jacket :-(
What did we buy?
East German stuff, because Ingo was making Solyanka from scratch (well, kinda).
The smell alone, ohhhh, yum!
This is the recipe he used.
With original "DDR/GDR"-ingredients:
Sooo yummy!
(Yes, red and green it is in the kitchen...)
It was yummy and... see blog-title... we´ll have the other half tonight.
Sadly the meat was chewy.
Ingo said next time we use filet.
And this was not in the recipe cause in former GDR the people didn´t have filet.
Ummm... that´s just a part of an animal, right? So..?
Nah, Ingo states the filets went to the GDR "fat cats".
Must be the case, Ingo knows I have three T´s who have been or are my teamleaders and who grew up there!
I´ll ask!
Anyhows - super-yummy if you take a filet - and a "Get One!"-gherkin.
I can send some over, if wanted, not kidding. No fuss if it wasn´t that yummy to you after all, btw!
The title? Well, the wall is still in our heads, I wish there came spring as well.
But I reckon you cannot switch those 40 years of socialism away for all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
It can't be fun to live next to such terrible neighbours...
Enjoy Spring!
No, it wasn´t fun... Ingo installed a foil in the kitchen cause she kept standing there watching inside even. She went on the balcony when we did... horrible, but long over :-)
Yes, spring is beautiful!
I still have my 'get one' cucumber in the fridge :) merci beaucoup Iris.
I still have my 'get one' cucumber in the fridge :) merci beaucoup Iris.
The longer you wait, Grace, the more I´m afraid it´s not that yummy and you´ll be disappointed!
It's the with the sole-eggs(pickled eggs). A people ask me how long they last until they rod: They never rod, because they all gone Tuesday, magically. So ask Moe Szylak, (a expert of pickled eggs, shotguns and tabbed beer)
Post a Comment