Sunday, April 26, 2015
Perth, 03/08 – Ahoi! - Part I
Actually this is part II already, right? See last post about the raven!
The day was packed and I decided to not overdo it - or, no, actually to do overdo it by splitting the pic-galore up :-)
And let me assure you: I picked only few pics, really!!!
There are loads more!
I mean... being on a boat is just very, very special, at least when you live here. Here you just can´t, not with such a big boat, river Oker simply is way too small.
And the sea... some 300 km away.
8:00 am our friend H picked us up, we went to her home, had a coffee (me a water) and went off with B´s car again – boat on trailer!
The Cloughton Reserve Jetty was our goal:
I thought the river might be rather boring – was I wrong!!!
Slowly we started, but in some areas you have to go fast – so take care!! Can be a bumpy ride, but soooo much fun!
Again the full pics are here, friends are welcome!
We even got a cool Mural:
We then wanted to stop for a brunch here - look at the houses, beautiful, but also too fancy for my liking:
This time we learned to gett off the boat differently - through the front (full pic)!
The place was too packed, so we hopped on Rocksea again and... drove? Do you drive a boat? We went on.
Past Kings Park...
The Swan Brewery:
By golly, when editing the pic I though, gaaaahhhhh! We really forgot to visit the Brewery!!!
We´ll have to come back!
A school:
The view of Perth´s skyline, awwww....
L usually prefers to read a book on the bed, but here he came out for a sec, Hi L! :-)
(PIC)
Bell Tower... bet when we are here next time... you know. Gone from view it will be :-(
An old (Dutch?) vessel:
With a Lion:
Oh, and do I love this color!!!
We stopped at Matilda Bay for a snack and left the boat via the back this time, directly into the water!!
(Full pic here)
I now know three ways to leave a boat (and I don´t wanna find out a fourth one, I guess)!
Here it was much quieter and laid back and don´t forget about the ravens!
And the yummy (though on our side cold) brunch:
I also have to sneak in some part of L´s brunch he didn´t use and let me take home:
Sorry, B, but "advanced" as Germans are... we don´t have anything clever "squeeze-on" like this!
Will take a couple of years, I bet!
Part II (or III) is on the way, and believe me, I was impressed to learn what Perth-teenies do on a Sunday afternoon! :-)
Thanks, H, B, L!
Labels:
Australian Journey,
friends,
fun,
Perth,
the two of us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















4 comments:
Nice boat trip, what a great experience.
The photo after the mural is East Perth (like the photos I posted on FB from my friend's visit)
Ah, East Perth, thank you - it all sped by so fast! Yes, it really was great.
Sounds like it was a brilliant day Iris.. It's always fun to check out the city from the river viewpoint.
That´s right Grace, it sure was a very different view!
Post a Comment