Saturday, April 04, 2015

Perth 26/02 - Break Down



Today we got meat - well, not this one because Ingo wanted steak and for just me that´s way too much. SIL so would not eat this I´m pretty sure ;-)

We also got the more expensive, "good" water with minerals - it´s really a pity we cannot have water from the tab in the cabin anymore!



We also went to our Grocery-Store, yummm!



Sooo fresh, always ripe and ready to eat, so different from what you get in Germany.
Try to get avacadoes or mangos there... you must be very, very lucky to get a good one.

On the way in Woolies I lost my hat. But luckily someone was so friendly to deliver it to the info there, all good!

We headed to the bus in the arvo to get to Hillary´s for a bbq.

Flowers at our bus-stop:



The bus arrived, off we went. Next stop, doors opened. Doors did not close, though. Motor off, on again, there was a pneumatic problem and after several tries...



We all had to get off the bus and wait for the next! School kids called their parents, one asked Ingo where we are... I went into the shadow, in the grass - and promptly got bitten by an ant! Ouchi! What is it with the ants in this country?! ;-)



Cute detail at Hillary´s Boat Harbour - yes, I do look to the ground more!

Awww, Hillary´s, sooo beautiful!



We also browsed through the shops and Ingo found the "perfect" pressie for little Niece - we just have to make sure Niece doesn´t go off "Ewwwwwwwww!!!", then it might work that Little Niece likes this toy:



Just like the kid who got a Chucky-doll from Child´s Play before knowing it was an ugly doll... Keep your fingers crossed!

And see how "talented" Ingo is, actually he could´ve been an amazing actor in Aliens, what do you think?













And me a great director, huh? ;-)

We found a BBQ with view to the ocean - no such things in advanced Germany, btw... and this was broken so we shared with others.



And whilst Ingo did the cooking...



... I could hardly believe my eyes seeing this...



One happy Ingo:



My meat was smaller, so he added it later.

Awwww, I cannot take enough pics of seagulls, it seems!



Ingo playing with shadows:



And walking to the ocean:



A sand-dune...



Did I mention we do not live by the ocean in Germany?
And that when visiting the water is rather brownish and way too cold for a swim?



Awww...



The colors!



Footsteps in the sand...



People swimming...



... us leaving...



And back at the caravan park we got presented with this beautiful fireworks without knowing the reason:



Despite the break down and the ants it was a wonderful, relaxing day!



4 comments:

Sami said...

Scary present, I hope your niece liked it. The photos of the beach look great and even though I'm not a sea person, the water looks inviting. Aren't those BBQ's great, it also amazed me when we came to Australia that you could that for free at almost every park and beaches.
I know the feeling of being bitten by the ants, it stings and hurts for hours...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

What super day you had despite a few probs :) That spider is the scariest thing, did your niece enjoy her present :)

Unknown said...

"Double-Half or One Ten without Ham" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-sunday-drive.html

Iris Flavia said...

Sami and Grace, believe it or not, I haven´t seen my Bro yet! It´s pretty sad, but they are too busy...
I sure will report if Little Niece likes that spider...
Yes, those BBQs are a great idea!

Jerry, thank you, also for reminding me of that day!