Thursday, April 02, 2015

... Simply Thanks, Doner



I was really thinking about going to ALDI today and see if they have Tom Tasty again, but the weather was horrible! Hail and storm again.

I did not, but I did go to the city to donate blood later.

This is how Braunschweig greeted me - standing like forever at the contruction site that is open since January. January 2014! (turn on the sound)



But when I came home it had stopped and I walked to the city without a brolly.

Whilst donating it got dark, there was thunder.

I got the little tube of hand lotion (pic above) as a thank you, "... simply thanks - finest marigold-ointment" - and was asked if I want a voucher for a doner or the bakery.
Guess no one said doner, the bakery was full of donators ;-)

Well, "full of" might bring the wrong picture. "Those who donated", might be the right phrase, sadly.
4 volunteers in the donating-room, - 3 donators. 2 volunteers at the entrance plus one doc.

Easter holidays?

The breadroll was totally dry (and old?), yet I said "yes, thank you" when being asked if it was good.
Aw, well, at times I can lie, it seems.

Outside there was no rain or hail, but you could see there was heaps just when I was inside.
I arrived dry at home - weather´s April Fool's Joke? Why, thank you, weather!

7 comments:

Sami said...

Good on you for donating blood, I'm so scared of needles I have never done it!
Looks like the weather there is still terrible...

Iris Flavia said...

I always look away, too...
Yes, even over Easter the weather won´t be near to Spring...

Red Nomad OZ said...

I am too much of a coward to donate - but I'd be first in line to the bakery!! I guess that means I'm a bad person :(

Iris Flavia said...

But going to the bakery would be nothing for cowards, you have to be brave to face two old, dry breadrolls with cheese, salami and such!
Maybe I should´ve said "doner" after all!

Aww, well, if you look away it isn´t that bad, really.
Going to the dentist is much a higher challenge for me! ;-)

Empire of the Cat said...

Wow those hailstones! I used to have such a fear of needles, but now I force myself to look so I know what people are doing lol. Happy Second on the Second! Elle/EOTC xx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am still and always will be afraid of needles. Even tho8ught they say to turn away, I seem to watch and have been known to faint, too. You are very brave and I am amazed.

That hail was amazing and scary. I laughed at your take on the "free" bakery donation. Thanks for sharing this absolutely scary, yet wonderful post with us as your second look on the 2nd.

Iris Flavia said...

Elle, I actually enjoyed the hail!

____

Elizabeth I sadly am too "old" now. After donating I was twice soooo tired for two weeks, I skip.