Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Perth, 01/03 – Nice House



Summer is over now, and boom, „down“ to 28C it went, cloudy, but no rain.
We slept in a little, all the seabreeze yesterday was kinda exhausting after all ;-)

We did not sleep that long to take the pic above, certainly!
That pic goes with the title - a nice house with a stunning view, so to say!

We went to Wollies, whilst I was packing Ingo went to get some fruit at the Grocery and really, the lady asked where I am!

I´m not Richard Dean Anderson, so I won´t say: You cannot kidnap me, I go to the liquor store daily, they´ll report me missing. My grocer will report me instead ;-) (Simpson´s-episode on McGyver:)

).

For a late brekkie we traveled to Carnarvon.
Well, at least in our memory and with our taste-buds - we had those each day we spent there:



At Wollie´s cash out #7, together wih a big bottle of Pepsi Max, some carrots and two yummy tomatos.
For several weeks.
That was 1999 and freaky enough in those weeks DeForest Kelley died. Freaky in so far as this time we´re here we have to say good bye to Leonard Nimoy :-(
Somehow I refuse to combine Australia with Star Trek that way...

In the afternoon we went to Warwick by bus and from there straight, without even getting off, the train to Bull Creek, where Mark picked us up.
Sadly we missed the miniature train that runs once a month by an hour.



Funny thing was when I mentioned Miniature World in Hamburg, Mark reported he´d only seen the huge graveyard there. Seems we all travel a lot, huh? :-)

A nice view we had anyways:



His brand new house smelled all brand new, poor doggy (sometimes white) sadly got locked away (I´m sorry!) and we proceeded over the most soft stairs to the second level where it smelled already wonderful of original Asian food his wife was preparing.

We got some Mumme-candy for their Son.... not having in mind that when you read it in English it´s pronounced Mummy. Hmmm. Yummy?!
Lost in translation? ;-)

You certainly can guess where it all lead to after gotten introduced to his Wife and Son.... Food, more specifically the darn oil that, when heated can Ingo harm severly – and again there was understanding and all went very well and tasted super-yummy, thanks again!
Though I suppose I somehow must´ve eaten around the hot stuff in the salad. That or my tastebuds are gone when it comes to hot?
Also to mention the very cool ice-cube-water-spender (not that we needed that over there in Germany, but it was cool to watch!).
This was followed by melon and, if I got that right, some not-too-sweet cake called Lamington – what was first, the cake or the park? ;-)

That chatting revealed again... it´s a small world with similar problems with certain groups.

Will there finally be some rain?



With full tummies we went downstairs to the playroom. Yes, a playroom! And pool it was – clever idea, btw: When you play with more than two players, each gets two numbers. Are both balls with your numbers gone, you´re out. It´s more fun, really, try it!
Ingo even won – that certainly was only thanks to the Sesame oil (and the Vegemite) ;-)

Again, the full pic is to be found here, friends are welcome.



Mark then rushed us to the trainstation – thanks again!! - we comfortably went through to Warwick and only 33 minutes later could catch the second to last bus home – no breakdown, no lotto, sorry, H! ;-)

By whom I reported we´d arrived safely and need no pick up, right before the question came in – thanks again for the offer, H!

Waiting for our bus we took some pics:





We sure will miss this:



And here it is, our 450!



The title? There was someone breaking in the new house, luckily helpful neighbours called the police who said: "Nice house!"
Bummer, huh?
So when I said, "nice house!"....

3 comments:

Sami said...

That miniature train must be the Castledare train. It's close to my house too. Never ridden on it either, but I've seen it full of kids on a weekend we went to the park.
Nice sunrise pic!

Hammy said...

Love the pics. They really show a different perspective in that format. Glad you liked the lamingtons - real Aussie food. And we picked up some useful pool playing tips from Ingo.

Iris Flavia said...

Sami, yes, sad we were on holiday at the same time more or less.

Mark, what useful tips???? Our pool is only 96*53cm!