Friday, April 17, 2015

Perth, 03/06 – Sculptures By The Sea



Today I went to Cottesloe to visit the Sculpteres by the Sea.

When I went on the bus in front of the caravan park I could not even say „good morning“, the bus-driver smiled big at me and said „cheers! How ya goin?!“ :-)
THAT is some nice start in the day, no?

Bus, train, next train – and for sure the device that tells you what´s next was broken. What is it with Transperth lately?

In Cottlesloe I took the free Cott Cat to the Indiana and a bunch of people was already there, not too crowded yet, though.



What I find amazing is how even this artwork is placed - just look at the horizon!



I admit, it was by accident, but cool with the line of the ocean, huh?

And what do I find next?



Please, tell me what it is with your Scottish bagpipes???

There sure were amazing pieces of Art.





Just loved that it wasn´t only kids but also the adults using this piece of art :-)



I just wasn´t too sure about the installation to the right, when you have the Indiana in the back.



I sure do know you cannot exclude the Islam – but making it that important whilst all this happens?
Note from today, April 17th... I saw it has moved to the city even...

There are heaps of Indians here, too, they sure could´ve added some more „churches“ of different beliefs, not just a mosque. My two cent to that. Or rather my German two cent. I don´t wanna go deeper into this on here...



I wandered around in my own pace, which is rather slow – my, it was hot, I needed to search shadow often!
And even went into the sea, awww, bliss – well only up to my knees, certainly.

So much beautiful, clever art here!



I wonder if all the girls sunbathing were tourists from Europe, not aware of the UV-index here?
You must get a clue, when all others are wrapped up against the sun, no?



I sat in the grass in the shadown, just watching the seagulls, the sea, the art, the people – surely would not have been possible with Ingo in tow.
Sometimes it´s good to do things seperatly...
Oh, will I miss the sea!

This was a great installation as well, I think:



Quite frankly, taking this one to the city would be useful!



Rest and enjoy.

This one reminded me of Kalbarri NP´s "Window to the World"...



Those colors!



The pineapple!





The Indiana and the ocean, awwww...



Selfies .. I´m getting old?



Aw.This.Green.!



And what a beautiful last for a beloved car...



Did I mention I like bright colors?



Like... orange?
And blue?
Red and green?



Plus structures?



Baby watching baby???



This really is an odd one, I think...

The more I loved the idea of this and it was well frequented! :-)



I know I am spoiled. In 1995 we visited the Mini-Bungle-Bungles in Mirima National Park - we found it by chance and I nearly knocked out due to the very, very dry heat. I got all dizzy...

We dreamed of seeing "the real thing" one day, from the arial view,...

1999.. Nah, the heli-flight was too expensive for our liking, we drove in.

Our very beautiful, strong Nissan Patrol LWB... awwww...



It was a tough route! By golly!
And what did wait for us?
Awesome landscape and... The most noisiest campers we´d ever met.
LIGHTS - MUSIC- NOISE.
And on top of that a poor little boy who coughed through the night and none of the adults cared.
I´ll never forget that night...

Still it was great seeing this:



After all... one memory clicks to the next, huh? Time-warp to 1999!

Sorry, but I have to share more...



And this, clever, too!



I just wondered about the girls behind me who stated which was art and which not – yeah, maybe by your rules, girls, yours, not the world´s...

Sadly wind came up, not good for my eyes. And rather cold, too. As in „cold“. Had a look at the temps in Braunschweig....2C, felt temp -1, cloudy. Brrrrrrr, noooooo!

I finally said goodbye to the beach, hopped on the Cott Cat, train to Perth, went to Northbridge to catch a mural we had not seen on Tuesday when Grace and Pat let us out there cause you can only see it not facing the city.



Found some more on the way, too :-) and got my Bro and SIL some iron-ore rings. Dunno what they would cost in Germany but here.... $ 1,95 each!!!

On Forrest Place were not only the food stalls but also Chinese New Year celebrations.



I could´ve waited till it all begins. I so wanted to try the Indian food.
But all I took were pics – no more sickness before flying back, right?

For now it was driving back, and my, some peeps just have no manners!
At Glendalough a dude popped in, placed himself on a priority seat, blocking the push-open button, put out his crisps (what about no food or drink on Transperth?) and fiercly and loudly emptied it (finally!), had a sip and then cleaned his teeth with one hand. „Yummy“.

On the bus later a woman with five kids, likely from different fathers hopped on the bus, no hello, no thank you.
What is today, bully-day?

It was another nice day, but now back and feet hurt. Getting old ;-)
Bet with the sun going up or down the effects are even better with the Sculptues, but it was really too windy for me to wait.
Aw, well, might´ve caught some of the pics on Blogger/FB :-)

Tonight on 7 Mate is Forrest Gump.
When I saw that movie in Germany I thought, eww, what crap!
Especially the scene where Forrest steps out on the verandah and looks in that artificial sky – ha, so not a real sky!



1995 we saw every movie on display in the oldest open-air cinema in.the.world.
You find it in Broome, back then it was called Sun Pictures.
This really is worth a read - flooding and airplaines in the most strategic moments, followed by applause from the audience :-)

We also hence saw Forrest Gump cause Sun Pictures was really special.

And guess what?
Forrest steps out and the perfect movie-sky just blended into Broomes outback-sky perfectly. Maybe there was even the Southern Cross, I don´t recall that.
Ever since I love this movie.
So, whilst Ingo made himself a bbq (I find that place here in the Caravan Park is smelly), I took a cooler bag and went to Wollies to get 4 little creatures for the event. Put 3 in the bag, one on the cash-out desk, said, this and the ones in the bag, please.
The girl did not understand and wanted me to pay for the one on the counter.
Naturally I told her, no, plus these three.
Right thing to do, no, even though it´s a huge chain. Maybe they would´ve tracked her down for it...

And, eww, I wonder. 4 ½ weeks my body was fine with bus and train and aircon. Now I caugh and sneeze like crazy, how come???

6 comments:

Sami said...

Great photos from Cottesloe Iris. When I went there on the last day it was so full of people that I don't think I have a single picture with the sculptures on their own!
That mural of the fish in Northbridge is also cute.

Iris Flavia said...

Aw, sorry to hear, Sami - but, well... feel free to take mine and... art lives through it´s visitors, too, huh?
Yep, can you guess how I miss murals by now?

Ingo said...

First time in 1995 you thought: "Australia is a place like Europe" Excuse me, but 1999 was great and you got impressed of the real "Australia" (Bugs, moths, beetles, spiders, a.s.o)
Now, if someone ask you where you want to live, you would answer: Perth, may be the best city in the world!

Iris Flavia said...

European like it was only from Sydney up to WA, from there on I loved it also in 1995! Remember ;-)

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Still enjoying your Perth memories Iris, you got some fantastic shots. I went into the city today, so much going on, good to see.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you - oh, blog about it, Grace! I so can´t wait to come back!