Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Perth, 24/02 – Recap And Public Loo



Dumbness has it´s price, sadly.
Friday we had another burger at Grill´d, with advocado-dip and, not mentioned on the menu, onions.

Ingo cannot have k-vitamins due to his meds he takes right now against the pulmonary embolism he might have and got sick due to that a day later (we supposed).

And, yes, we do know Grill'd is rather expensive, but we love the healthy stuff and the local help, and yes, we are no locals, I do know that, too, bu-huuuu... (oh, wait till we retire, huh, meet the future Grey Nomads!)

Ingo felt sick on Sat already, went worse on Sun.

I didn´t feel well, either, the pure thought of food made me gag and the only thing I had the feeling I can get down was Wollie´s ready-to-go Greek salad without the onions, instead with an extra slice of COON.

My Aussie Sis H called in the arvo what we´re up to and when I told her, she asked more precisely, being a nurse-student she knows how to ask.
And wanted to talk to Ingo who by then lay in bed in pain and actually didn´t want to. I simply laid the phone on his ear so he had to.
After a shower we were picked up by them and off we went to the ER Joondalup.

Pic unrelated - public loo in Freo - after all we felt... not good, so maybe not that unrelated, trying to see the good stuff, huh?



H and B came in with us, did all the waiting and everything. Only one was allowed to go with Ingo, so I asked B for in case there are language-related problems.
In the end they took a blood test and needed me, having Ingo´s stuff.
Then telling us it´s actually – yay – no emergency, hence we will have to wait much longer for the complete test, so I sent our friends home. Thanks again big for being there for us!!

Another advanced thing here in Australia: when you have an emergency, you can pop in later at work the next day! Even if it´s not first grade relatives! (I could do that, too, but only cause customer and boss allow this).



And a sad but kinda advanced thing here, too: You have security in the hospital!
H explained it´s due to drug-, alcohol- and mental desease-issues.
Looking back, we need that, too, but for other reasons. A few weeks ago there was an incident with Muslims fighting, 14 police officers were hurt, security in holspital probably could´ve prevented this...

Anyhows, shortly before midnight the doc came and told us all she could do was giving pain killers – that we can have at home as well, so we left. I asked a nurse if we can get a taxi and it took her like forever cause no one would answer the phone!

(Sneak in... nice, no?)



Finally she got through, a taxi arrived.
The driver didn´t say much but kept slapping himself in the face, opening the window all over to keep himself awake – by golly not very reassuring, huh?

Monday I felt so darn dang miserable, only thing I could eat... yeah...

Tuesday we wanted to meet in the city with Grace, I felt more than just miserable.
And had for brekkie... another stupid salat with COON.



A while later I felt even worse and could then see... oh, yips – the problem IS the salad! My body definitively does not want it.

And I remembered the news in Germany about germs in such kind of ready-to-go-salads – STUPID ME!

Pulled myself together and went to the city in the arvo where we met Mark in Northbridge at the Brass.

We chatted along and, again like in 2013, whilst Ingo and I shared (I managed two slices only very sadly), Mark gobbled down a whole thing, this time not Grill´d, but a very yummy but huuuge Pizza.



Mark, really... where do you put this?! ;-)

Great to meet bloggy-/FB-friends to see we really share the same thoughts and it´s not just an online-fake!

4 comments:

Sami said...

Terrible that Ingo got sick during the holidays. At least you had friends here who could give you some moral support.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Just read through your last three posts Iris now I really, really feel like a Grill'd burger :)

Iris Flavia said...

Well, Sami, I was sick, too, just not that bad... never ever eat such a ready-to-go-salad! And yes, I´m thankful for all you friends down there!

Hehe, Grace, "sorry" - have one for us, too! :-)

Red Nomad OZ said...

Cool LOO!!! But it's a shame it was such a bad day for you, although it sounded like it turned out all right? Was the pizza as good as your One Ten without ham??