Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Age

Yesterday it wasn´t windy, so we went on another tour with the moped. It was great, but I was also glad, when we were back safely. The older I get the more afraid I become of falling. Despite I was always quite skillful when something happened.

Once I even must have turned a somersault over the handle bar of my push-bike. I was speeding to catch the next lights. I saw two older kids on the pavement, when I was right beside them something suddenly stopped me cold. I thought it was a larger dog. The next moment I stood on my feet facing the other direction and had the left handle bar in my right hand. It all went very fast and I´m really astonished what reflexes can do!

It was no dog, but a little boy. He stood between his larger siblings and started running with no reason. I think I probably safed the kiddos´ life - he will hopefully never run without looking before. A car could have told him the lesson and that wouldn´t have ended with only some smaller bruises...

Anyway, I hope I get rid of this fear of falling soon. Being cautious is good but being chicken only reduces the fun in life!
Plus, Ingo is a very good and safe driver and I absolutely trust him.

No comments: