Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Breaking Boundaries

Inheritance
Being optimistic

What is the title I should use?
Blogging makes me think more carefully about issues of life.
I got a lot from my father. The eye-color, figure, the stomach (once my father had to get up very early and made breakfast on his own. He used the pan my mum was about to clean - she had put some detergent in it. He fried eggs in it, thought, hm, tastes strange, ate it up and started the day. Got sick, puked it out and simply went on. I am the same - though I think my taste buds are better. My Mom and my brother have a lot of problems due to a sensitive stomach)... there are bad things I inherited, too. I bump only smoothly into something and you see the bruise immediaty. Plus... My father and me were always realistic.. or you could say pessimistic. Our glas was always half empty - my Moms´ and brothers´ always half full.
Ages ago I broke my arm, went to the wrong hospital, got infected with a virus and ended up with an inflammated bone. The doctor came and wanted me to sign a document that said I understand I could lose the function of my right hand - which is the hand I work with. I signed and called my Mom, crying. She was rather harsh, telling me TO THINK POSITIVE or it will not work out for me.
For the first time in my life I did, tried hard to think positive and I don´t know if I moved some molecules - I woke up just fine after surgery.

My glas is half full now. I bought the honeywell (see "Optimistic") - AND we have a great summer so far after all! :-)
Murphy and his negative infuences are out!

My apartment was like an oven yesterday - I kept the windows close over the long weekend being at Ingos´ place. Without the fan it would have been hard... (again, no complaint against the heat!)

No comments: