Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Killer me

I´m trying to "kill" time. I´m still at Ingos´ place, I´m supposed to do research, but the subject is so complex and complicated that it´s really everything but fun.

Plus, I´m freezing. Outside we have around 30°C but inside it´s only 21. Anyhow I´m wearing a sleeveless shirt and a skirt (yah, my own fault, my own lazyness, I know. If there is no wind coming up I need to change anyhow since we go on a tour with the moped).
In order to get the warmth in here I have the window wide open. But with that I can´t concentrate. The traffic is awful, you wouldn´t believe we´re in a village here!
Allowed is a speed of 50km/h - they race at 70 and more past the window and I´m in the first floor. This house is one of the first in the village.

Ingo had the idea to grab an old baby carriage with a life-size doll and a lot of red fluid and drag this on the road when such a driver is racing here. If he hits the carriage he might think he killed a real baby and probably will stop racing.
They could control this area and even make money with it. But here won´t happen a thing about it. First a real accident has to come true.
Chances are not too bad. A primary school is nearby. The kids are advised to use the new lights - but for some it´s a detour and I´m pretty sure those cross the road elsewhere.
Plus, as far as I know it, kids are allowed to be outside also after school and might run around here at any time... There is a pitch right across the street.

(BTW: I don´t understand why they build the new school at the place they did, anyhow - this area is known to get flooded from time to time. And they chose an area behind the pitch field, so that´s waaay at the end of the village. It´s a lone place there, only two houses are on that road and not near the school and we´re right beside the highway - a paradise for grown-ups who ... well, I´m glad in this case that I don´t have kids! I would not let them go there alone!)

But it´s just like what happened some time ago: A woman went to the police. She said her ex-boyfriend is stalking her, threatening her. The police did: Nothing. The woman was killed by the ex-boyfriend and the police went to catch that man. Not the right order of doing things I guess.

Ingo will hopefully be here in an hour and then time will just fly by again because we´ll have fun. Why can´t it be the other way round? Boring times fly by and time stretches when you enjoy yourself?
You wouldn´t need to be a time-killer anymore. Time is such a precious thing!

No comments: