Yesterday evening we had yet another bbq; we put potatos in the coals - pics are to be found in Ingo´s blog - I hope he blogs more often now...
Though it doesn´t look like it, it was yummy! And we tried to eat as few coals as possible. We often had potatos like this on our journeys through Australia. But there the sun sets way earlier so mostly we ate in the dark - I don´t know how much coal we gobbled down as well...
Yuckiest thing to eat there were mosquitos. It was in Coral Bay, Western Australia. We had Baked Beans with Corned Beef. The Mosquitos were very agressive so we put on Bushman insect repellent (please turn on the sound, if you click the link - internet is really wonderful...). Too tough for the mosquitos so they attacked the beans. Beans have skin, too.
´Til we realized it we had eaten some of the mosquitos, yuck!
Strange thing yesterday evening was this: It was a Monday so actually I shouldn´t have been in Ingos place at all. Ingo prefers to be alone on "normal" Mondays so visitors are not likely to show up.
But anyhow his parents suddenly were there.
I haven´t seen them for years and it was a strange situation since they tried to act as if this gathering was one of the most normal things.
But good to see they are fit - they were on their bikes, riding along.
No comments:
Post a Comment