Sunday, July 23, 2006

Buh!

Saturday evening we had another bbq. Ingo put the plates inside. This morning when we got up I had to discover he put the plates on the stove. I took them, put them into the sink - and immediatedly a strange noise emerged. I ran away.

1995 - Conway National Park, East-Australia, Qld. We had had roast potatoes and since there were possums taking everything away we put the pan into the car, right in front.

For an exeption we put up our tent - we usually slept in the car but planned to stay longer.

Next morning: Ingo went to take a shower (a cold one since the solar system had been damaged...). I thought, ok do the washing up. I took the pan... and there was a brown and really heary spider under it. Right beside the ventilation slot!

Buh!

I thought - ha,ha, Ingo, great fun... I thought it was a toy. Then it moved. I got a shock! We usually slept in the car! I turned around - old people and alternative people (who would discuss first what to do) around me - I screamed for Ingo! He unterstood it was a real emergency and run by, got the spider somehow out of the car - I was no help, I was too scared!

So. Back to today: When there was "something" in the sink here... I just ran away - read about it in Ingo´s blog (with pic).

Ingo there referes to the insect in the car in 1995... Can you believe this: We slept in the car and certainly got up with the sun. Ingo said: Don´t look to the window - certainly I did! There was something huge - huge even without my glasses!! I bumped over Ingo, getting outside... He tried to get the thing - insect - out of the car with his tripod. I could hear the insect bumping into the metal even from outside!

Whoa. I am sorry for the really tiny bat I caused pain. It lost it´s way, but sure is fine now...

I could tell heaps of storys about insects in Australia...

No comments: