Thursday, July 08, 2010

Cherries Cheer Me Up



... Or How It Went With Mum

I admit, pic is from last year - this year they´re even darker, nearly black and oh-so-sweet! But it´s too dark to take a pic now...

Well... So yesterday I passed 5 construction sites to get to my Bro. Five!
Have to find out still why on many parts on the second highway there is suddenly a speedlimit of 80 km/h! 80??? Hello? No apparent reason other than to catch speeders.

We talked for hours about what to reveal to our Mum (see last post), what to keep for another time so it won´t be too much for her.

Bro told me how she will react presumably on certain words and behaviour.

Hence we were rather late, which she couldn´t understand.
We then suggested to go to her apartment instead of staying in the shop.
She got suspicious.
And changed... into a very stubborn 5-year-old.
Played with a piece of paper, stared plain at the table, said nothing.

We told her we´re very worried, that she is very important to us, nothing helped.
We reminded her on how our father had no chance, but that she has. Nothing.
I asked her what she´d do if back then Ingo hadn´t made it and now I would be down to let´s say 45 kg, smoking and being alone, refusing help. We were very close to that scenario... nothing.

Weirdest thing ever - I had a total déjà vu. Crazy. I just knew Bro´s next words and the scenery was familiar. Never have we sat together at that table before, though! How is that happening/working?

When she started to mix our words up, Bro couldn´t take it no longer and left to the balcony.

It took me forever to send that 5-y-o away.
I so understand Homer Simpson now, by the minute Mum went all yellow, wore blue pants and an orange T-Shirt - really, I had to pull myself together like crazy!!!

I got gum bleeding in the efford, how weird.
Ingo said I gnash my teeth at night again (stopped when we moved in together) - stress...

It was the toughest "conversation" I had with my Mum ever.

I got her to talk, I hope she agrees to the big doc-apppointment, I asked her to think it all over.
In the end I could change subject to "normal status", Bro came back, we got a Pizza (well, I got one, ate half and brought the rest home:)



and whilst Bro, who needed to get out a bit, fetched the Pizza, Mum and I looted our good ole Cherry-Tree. It is packed with ripe cherries still!

Hugged, waved good-bye and went to my Bro´s place again.
SIL asked me to come in and sit down and not just speed off.

My! Not so sure there is only one baby inside! Huuuuge belly!
And still 6 weeks to go!!!

I didn´t stay very long though. Those guys live in a village and simply don´t understand that parking space gets really rare after 8pm in my place.

Buuuut, guess what?
A free space was waiting for me - in front of the house!

Well Germany is out now, lost 0:1 against Spain, how sad. Didn´t watch it, but colleagues said the team was all chicken and that´s why they lost. Well, then they didn´t deserve better!

No more vuvuzelas to hear...

Addendum Teamleader/Friend´s girlfriend is a Doc, he interviews her tonight if she has any ideas that could help.
I told him poor Ingo had to listen to it all in detail and he said, "well, he´s there for that, no? Why do we take the efford and endure our partners if not for this? :-))))"

Yips :-)

Talked to Mum on the phone... as if yesterday hadn´t happeden. Good or bad sign?

Addendum 2 - Pizza is not Da Nico... again!!! I cheat! But it´s sooooo yummy and they don´t make it here either (luckily).

4 comments:

Flea said...

Oh that does sound promising, I hope she now realises you guys are really worried AND cares for her! Keep on her back, as they say here, which really means keep remining her to see a good Doc.

You did well, it must've been hard and draining but now it's done and hopefully some good will come out of it.

Wow, 6 weeks from being Aunty, how exciting!!

Jac asked for a Vuvuzela, $33 here so I said No, can't stand the noise anyway.

Sorry Germany, I thought they'll bring it home :-(

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Flea!
Yes, will ask her after the weekend if she goes with us...
hehe, Jac only asked to have one! This German article reports that a couple in Uruguay wants to name their Daughter Maria Vuvuzela. The article says, hopefully she won´t live to that second name ;-)
Would be some noisy kid!

Sarah said...

Keep persevering, Iris. Hopefully she will know that you're doing this because you love her. It must be so tough though.

Iris Flavia said...

Still mot made the phone-call.. will do tomorrow...