Friday, July 16, 2010

Dingo



This pic wasn´t taken by me, but at least it was taken at Perth Zoo, where I have been.
I saw Dingos in '95 on Fraser Island.

What do I want to say now, you wonder?

Well, see last post. We found that English-speaking people have difficulties with my spouse´s name.
He came up with this on Cuba:

Say Dingo (Dingo).
Now leave the D... (ahhhhh Ingo)

So, if anyone was wondering how to pronounce that funny name... now you know :-)
Clever guy, I´ve got, huh?

3 comments:

Hammy said...

Could have come up with any of the following:

Ringo (Starr)
Bingo (Legs eleven, two fat ladies, etc)
Gringo (Foreigner in Spanish and Portugese)
Jingo (By gee, by crikey, by jingo)
Lingo (Slang for language)
Pingo (The penguin)

Iris Flavia said...

:-) Right! English-Native people try an "A" with that name. Like Angus Young (eeek!!!)

With mine it works - in German though it´s pronounced like "Ear"is.
In French it´s more like "Ear"iiiis.

Well, no matter how, I´ll somehow react :-)

Sarah said...

Dingo?!? Hehehe.