Friday, July 09, 2010

Green Thumb?

Our electricity supplier BE energy (German) had a campaign a while ago, making us aware of "green" energy by giving sunflower seeds in their ads.

Way too late I planted them, but hey, yesterday I needed bigger pots! :-)



My leg is full of earth there. Sunscreen really doesn´t let go of that!

And after the "hard work" a good book in the sunlounger!



I started Having our say, by or rather with The Delany Sisters. They were born 1889 and 1891 and started this project in 1991!
By that time they were over 100 and still managed everything alone! Cleaning, cooking, errands, money-stuff! Isn´t that amazing?
Their father was born a Slave but I reckon if you´re American you miight know them - those two and their 8 siblings were well educated and had high jobs, teacher, dentist...

It´s very well written, very vivid, with great humor. Sadie even made it to 110 years of age!

And, weird, huh? Guess where Bessie was working?
You can clikc to enlarge.



I´d so love to read on, but sadly there is full sun on the balcony, have to wait till tonight (34C outside).

Thanks to FiFa World Cup, we get foods from, well, all over the world. I certainly had to buy these:



Hmmm, Salt & Vinegar!

Some kiddo lost his umbrella. Someone put it up in kid´s height to be found :-)



I think I add the label "lost and put up" - should´ve done that long ago!

Went to the Hardware Store right after work today (yay, Friday!!!!), got new earth and seeds of radish, cress, parsley (yeah, I know "don´t east parsley, just for looks") and field salad.
So, as soon as the sun is on the other side of the house, I´ll get muddy with earth again :-)
Prediction for the weekend: 39C...

No comments: