Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Dog?

It´s a funny thing you call it dog-ear and even use it as a verb! We call it Eselsohr, donkey-ear - not usable as verb. We "make" those ears. Anyone an idea why we use different animals to describe this?:



I do this when I find certain passages in a book rereadable. I use my fingernails to mark the passage on the page then. You, too?

Anyhows, as you can see I made a lot "animal-ears" here - one of the best books I´ve ever read!



Ray Kroc really was an amazing man!
He sold mixers and paper cups for a very long time but had always big dreams and lived to fulfill them! He always cared for his staff, and for others. He expected a lot, too, from his staff.
He had so many ideas! And made so many come true.
On his 70th Birthday he planned to say a big thank-you to... well, everybody who made his dreams come true, by donating. One million dollars was the plan, back then in 1972.
He had so many projects at his heart, that he ended spending 7 1/2 million dollars. On his 70th Birthday alone! Lots going to health and research.

Tomorrow we donate blood at the Blutspendemobil (German, but with pic) - a truck, very comfy. Way better than donating at schools, esp first graders! (small chairs). It´ll be in the city near malls and a certain Restaurant.
As a thank you we are invited at Mc Donald´s - again.

Proofs the book right, no?

Really, very inspiring, motivating, interesting and very well written!
Started on Cuba and "found" I didn´t make the last chapter, sadly, that´s done now.

It´s got humor, too, can really, really recommend!

2 comments:

alliehallmarr said...

that's really interesting that we have different names for tagging passages in a book! what is the name of the book you have shown?

good luck donating blood! i've always wanted too but i am too afraid of needles and would probably pass out. embarrassing!

Iris Flavia said...

Allie, it´s Grinding It Out - Tha Making of McDonald´s.

Yes, I have a friend who just turns white, cold hands and all with needles. My turn when it comes to someone burns himself. I pass out. I just need to read about it. So.. we all have something embarrassing, huh? ;-)
Actually it´s quite terrible...