These Lebanese girls will try to hypnotize you with "the proud walk of lioness" (Henry is thrilled already!).
It´s about women´s rights, freedom, dance, beauty - snuggle up and smile in amazement (maybe you long know this, to me it was new).
It´s four shows and with this I join Annie with Friday Smiles.
Maybe a Steam Punk girl´s face might help along and with her I join Nicole´s FFO.
More things to smile about: My mini-holiday is granted!
#1 will be getting the taxes ready (ugh!) and cleaning up. Aw, well, Ingo has to work anyways (too).
Depending on how fast I get through that a party is due with neighbor W.
His kids don´t care much about him (his wife lost her fight against Alzheimer´s, strokes and heart-attacks) and I asked if he likes old music, so I´ll bake an onion cake, we´ll have stollen, mulled wine and an hour or two of fun with Schelllackplatten from the 1920´s.
Henry 🦁





34 comments:
Oh wow, Iris. I especially LOVE the lady you drew on the Steam Brew container.
I haven't seenthis about women's rights, but I know Thursday was Women's equality day in the states.
You drew it beautifully, Iris. Nice, that little holiday. Enjoy it!
Elizabeth, thank you - ah, that was still in summer...
It´s a dance show, it´s really worth a look.
____
Bertiebo, thank you. Aw, well taxes area pain!!
I really enjoyed the video. What a talented group of ladies. I hope the party went well. I love stollen!
Have a good week. Kate x
Kate, the party is to come when I am done with chores.
The is is superb, isn´t it.
I'm going to watch these ladies as soon as I catch up on commenting. It looks really interesting. And nice lady in the making Iris. I love beer and wine bottle label art. It's worth browsing the aisles where they sell it just to read labels. Happy almost weekend to you. hugs-Erika
...Mayyas is new to me, thanks. A Steam Punk girl never look better.
Sad about your neighbour but you are doing a great job trying to keep him happy! Good on you! Wish the world is filled with people like you,
Erika, same here, I sometimes even buy a bottle/can just because it´s looking so great - I fall for that (but mostly take pics only). hugs
____
Tom welcome and thanks :-)
____
magiceye, thank you. One day we maybe need neighbors, too? At least it proves my brother wrong. He says I´ll regret not having kids, what if I need them in old age... kids are no guarantee, even if they live around the corner...
Very nice drawing of the Steam Brew IPA lady.
The Mayyas were amazing. I had never heard about them so thank you for sharing. You are so kind to host a party for W. Sounds like it will be lots of fun.
What a fab video....clever ladies. Hope your party went well.
Hugs,
Annie x
Ohhh Iris this was such a treat to see the Mayas dance. They are truy magnificent. Thank you for sharing this on FFO. Glad you got your mini vacation to do your taxes. LOL In addition a party with the neighbor. You are so kind. Have a wonderful day today.
Gene, thank you!
____
CJ, and I thought they were well known! Glad you liked them, too (who can not?).
Well, "party", ok there will be food, drink and music. Mini-party!
____
Annie, by no means am I done with the darn taxes (not even started!) - or the cleaning up. No one here in Germany I know has done the taxes yet. It´s really complicated if you rent out...
____
Nicole. yes, they are fantastic, aren´t they!!!
Yes, I am so overdue for a vacation and the taxes will likely last forever to make properly, lots of phone calls and searching and research to do, I hate that!
And then the cleanup.... Reckon the mini-party will take place in mini-holiday#2, rather. W is so nice, it´s easy to be nice then :-)
Good that you will spend time with your neighbour, the true meaning of Christmas. Nice art. Congrats to the AGT group.
If I wasn´t stuck in so much work I´d invited him much earlier.
But maybe you are right - he might be extra-lonely at this time of the year...
Glad you know how to be a good neighbor. Super drawing, very impressive!
Bill, thank you - aren´t most of us good neighbors?
I've never heard of them. I enjoyed the video, thanks!
You´re welcome!
Hi Iris. I'm late today as hubby suddenly decided we should go out thinking it would still be quiet before the children broke up so we went to a garden centre and I can tell you it wasn't quiet but we had a nice walk round. I am so loving the video, I have not seen it before. Loving your Steampunk lady too. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela x
I had never heard of those ladies. Love your Steam Punk girl.
W is so lucky to have you as a neighbour. You are right about children not always being there. It is our friends who come through for us a lot of the times.
Angela, a nice walk is the best!
Glaad you liked the video (and the Steam Punk lady). To a lovely weekend and hugs!
____
RedPat, and I thought I live behind a rock - glad I shared the video none-the-less.
The lady was fun to sketch in this wonderful summer (the beer was not yummy, though).
W is a very nice company, too and yes... kids could also move far away etc (his live next street, more or less).
I like that drawing.
Thank you.
Yippee for your mini-holiday being granted.
All the best Jan
hi enjoyed your post-loved the drawing, and Henry of course too-hugs just checking have you gotten my christmas card yet? hugs from the lake
I like your idea of partying with your neighbor. A win-win.
Was für eine faszinierende Tanzgruppe! Das ist harte Arbeit. Eine sehr gute Freundin meiner Tochter kommt aus dem Libanon und sie erzählte uns, wie sie vom Krieg geflohen sind, als sie 12 war. Es soll ein sehr schönes Land sein, wenn nicht sogar das schönste im Nahen Osten. Deine steam brew Dame sieht klasse aus.
Our federal tax our due April 15 2023. But our property tax are due December 22.
Coffee is on and stay safe
Jan, it was over-overdue....
_____
Kathy, oh, noooo..... not again! No your card has not arrived - if so I´d let you known!!!
I was too exhausted to do any card at all. In fact. Apart from being a young child I never made a card.
____
gigi, it will be a mini-mini-"party", really just the three of us, food and music and likely many stories.
____
Carola, ja, das ist mega-hartes Training - ich könnte das nie und nimmer. Stimmt, es soll ein wunderschönes Land sein und dafür auf diese Art zu "kämpfen" ist wunderbar.
Die Dame bedankt sich! Hat Spaß gemacht, im heißen Sommer auf dem Balkon.
____
Dora, here all taxes are due in one piece. ACK!
no worries-the one to France and Greece got there really fast, so weird yours has not arrived-sigh
That dancing was very different, something I have never seen before.
I like your drawing. Hurray for a holiday!
Yes, awesome, special, wonderful... and it comes with a message.
The Lady says thank you.
Oh, wish me luck with those taxes. No one I know here likes it or has done it yet!
I can read and write but this.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
They want to know plain everything...
It will be a lot of stress.
Post a Comment