Elizabeth inspired me to share with this post.
I am... or was extremly shy, it was a pain.
Meeting new people. A pain!!!
Blogging came along and I got to meet new people online first.
Often I had no idea how they look like and twice it all went wrong because... they were in real life totally different.
One is my marriage-witness. At least she took to the job despite we knew we have nothing in common in real life - how strange can life be? We have no contact no more.
Another friend you might know from Monday-posts encouraged me big to... brave up!
I think people see I am honest and ask me for help and by now I am able to start conversations, not just doing what asked for!
I think some want the conversation more than the "actual help".
I think some want the conversation more than the "actual help".
My T is one of them.
An elderly woman - even smaller than me! - asked me to give her three water bottles from high up.
There were taller persons around, too!
We talked. I think she was lonely.
(Pic from 2021 - 2022 was one of the BEST summers ever!)
Once I wanted to cross a side street and the woman coming towards me greeted me.
In the middle of the (lonely, car-free) street we talked. Think she had Alzheimer´s but had also a few fun minutes.
Another time an elderly woman mistook me for her Granddaughter at the luckily very slow checkout at the grocery.
We had a fun talk.
Overcome your shyness!
Help by just chatting!
I by now - as Ingo often does, too - can overcome it and just say hello!
Our cash-out-woman, our W, other neighbors, people I´ve never met before.
And others are the same!
When I wear my Gurri (and Ingo gave me a summer-Gurri!) people really touch me, stop me, turn around to give me a smile.
One woman really stopped her push-bike, turned around and gave me a huge smile - we were both smiling and happy!
My happy hat helps, too! His ears flap when I walk...
Please... talk to people.
NEVER was I shooed off! Never.
Don´t wear dark clothes in winter.
Drivers can´t see you in time, it´s plain dangerous and... with happy colors you MAKE people happy!
One woman stopped me and said I made her day, another called me a luck-bringer.
Be brave and colorful!!!
Do good to people.
Henry 🦁
We will likely visit the Christmas Market today.
On this day 2011 my Mum passed. I got so hungry after Bro told me (life is weird, I was not able to eat out of sorrow).
I´ll have something nice to eat in her honor. Or a mulled wine...






23 comments:
I love to wear bright colours as dark ones make me so depressed. They are like a smile and help to spread joy around (like saying hello to strangers).
Big hugz as you remember your mum this day, Mxx
YES, let´s make ourselves and others happy! And say hello!
Thank you, yes. She´s gone so long and it is as if it was ... today. Ixx
What a beautiful blog, Iris. And what a development you have gone through. Super cool
So true, bright colours and a smile help bring cheer into a gloomy world. I too have improved and I am able to be more friendly these days. We can choose to be happy or sad. I rather be happy. Happy New Year 2023 to you and yours.
...there's nothing shy about that coat.
Bertiebo, thank you - I just needed a very big push and then it was easy :-)
Thank you.
____
Nancy, yes, we all should try to be happy! To a great 2023!
____
Tom, it helps! :-)
I'm very shy too. In fact I get kind of anxious when I have to meet new people. Although teaching for so many years helped with that because I had to meet new people every time I got a new class. But once I get to know people, it's hard to stop me talking. Funny how some people are shy and some are not. I wonder if we're born that way or learn to be that way. Hmmm. That's my question of the day. Hope you are smiling and having a nice Thursday Iris. Hugs-Erika
You are a luck bringer when you wear your gurri. It's adorable and looks like the little mushrooms. I hope you have a good time at the Christmas Markt.
Loneliness is one of the ills of urbanisation.
There is nothing shy about you now, Iris. I like your extroverted attitude.
Erika, I think you are born that way. My Brother was open and running to people right from the start!
Some of us have to learn... but we can! Hugs to that!!
____
CJ, thank you and yes, I... chatted with people I didn´t know!!
____
magiceye, yes, let us fight that, it´s so easy
____
Elizabeth!!! "extroverted attitude" - oh, my. Do you really think so? That would be.... wonderful!
Wish this for you, also!
I'm shy too but as I get older I find I am more outgoing. I talk to lots of people in my neighbourhood especially since having a dog to walk when everyone wants to talk to you. I made some very close friends while walking dogs.
Have a mulled wine and toast your mum today, Iris.
Strange how it takes us so long to be "us" and talk to other people.
And how easy it is for others.
Cheers to life!
I think as you get older you become more bold about speaking to people you don't know. There is nothing to lose except the shyness and most people are good people. Of course you have the idiots, they're everywhere. :)
Sad some have to get that old for this! I think it´s also education?
Yes, idiots will always be there - how boring would a perfect life be ;-)
Yes, Light The Darkness - Bring It On
Cheers
Cheers to that! I think I did today...
I work in retail and yet I hate meeting new people, go figure.
I think more of us are shy (including me) than most of us realize. We find ways to compensate and overcome our shyness, but I don't know that we ever get totally "over" it. Have a Happy New Year!
I brave up when I have to but I am still very shy. It becomes easier when I have known people for a while, but I don't speak hardly at all in new situations with people I never met before. But again, sometimes strangers are easier to talk to. I love bright colours but don't feel comfortable wearing them, I prefer to be unnoticed. everything is much easier online.
Amy, oh? But you get used to overcoming the first step, right? And then mostly it´s fun.
____
Spare Parts and Pics, you are right, it mostly always takes a mental push.
But the pushes get smaller? I talked to three strangers yesterday - and I started it!
____
River, yes, it is much easier online, but it gets taken away with teams and zoom and whatever where again you see eye-to-eye, ack!
I´m so glad mostly we have to share monitors and see but our work!
Fun side-note... some think I´m but 20 (I´m 50) - LOL!
You should try to get noticed! It´s wonderful to get all those smiles, especially on dark, icky days!
I like those bright colors :)
Like you, I spent many years very, very shy. It's so much better when you can finally overcome it and let people in. I love your gurri and yes -- blogging is a wonderful way to get to know people and overcome. Sending joy for you.
Post a Comment