This is my ticket for Elizabeth´s T and I think this is too "good" to pour into tea...
Journal?
Dunno `bout you. I still think of Eileen when I´m at it...
She taught me well (I think).
Here goes...
Monday: 01:30 p.m. we were to have everything ready to print part#1.
02:25 p.m. we sent what we could and teamleader sent me "home".
Yes, PRINT .. on PAPER. 5 times!!!! Partially in A0!!! That is HUGE. Customer wants this.
I had great company, btw: Ingo´s flowers came to bloom and hence move from private- to work-PC every day.
First time in weeks I really worked but 8 hours!
Bread for Ingo and 4 sorts of whisk(e)y I got from LIDL... (see above, mini-bottles).
Tuesday:
That darn marker sneaked in, but shows, when under pressure... things like this happen... :-(
Teamleader, after 8 work-hours: shut down, have fun!
Colleague J: "Can you... it´s urgent" - kaboom 10+ work-hours, BUT I learned so much again! From... teamleader.
I needed to do some money-stuff, he said, "don´t do that now - you´re way too hectical for that atm!"
I really have to work on that. Colleague A. said he lost me, I´m too fast. Not good!!!!
LOL, teamleader sure takes care of me beyond work (we met in person once).
No sport.
Wednesday: The boss of the translation company wrote:
"Good morning Mrs. K, Groundhog day: Do we need to meet?" (I´m NOT proud on hat sketch! I use ballpoint-pen, once sketched... sketched. Hectic...)
I
answered, "Hi Phil, I´ll take care" (no, we didn´t have the meeting but I had the melody
in my head for a long time! "Pam-pam... pam-pam-pam-pam---
pam-pam-pam-pam-pam....")
Seesh. As private persons we would match... We also often joke about Sherlock Homes and Dr. Watson.
Later chat with Spanish colleague P. on... holidays, Star Trek and such - oh, come on, we need some fun at times, too!
In case Ingo gets grumpy I mention: We had our 9th wedding day (been together since 1994, tough).
We
don´t celebrate Birthdays, Christmas or such. We show affection any
time - much better for us - see flower I got on Friday out of the
blue!
Anyone go your own way, right?
LOST PLACES on TV - thank you Ingo for telling me!
Thursday: Rushed by. 10 work-hours. No sport.
Friday: "Only" 9+ work-hours. Really, glad Christmas is coming soon.
Poor soon-to-be teamleader was at the dentist with a bigger prob. Oh, boy.
A Brazilian in German or English (he had to go through both) with that is plain awful. I SO felt with him...
Sent 4 files out to the translation company and said to teamleader - who called me out of the blue, as anyone does! - I will do that in slow mode, no more hectic here!!!
He laughed his head off.
Those who know me in person... am I hectical?
We´re ALL ready for a holiday.
My doctor (I sadly have no more) used to ask me every time:
"1-10, how high is your stress level?"
"2"
"You´re a 10+!!!"
Argh.
No sport. Knackered.
What a work-week. Again.
I am knackered - but HAPPY!!! Best team ever. EVER!
I´m nearly sad I will hopefully go on holiday. I´ll miss them...
Weekend:
Saturday:
For once I slept without taking blankets away. Like a stone. The last
nights I even messed up the 8kg weight-blanket, all to Ingo´s dismay.
Yet,
every night my Mum pops up in my dreams and often my family home.
Wonder what´s that all about. I moved out at age 17 partially and soon
later for good.
Even on the radio Ingo said they mentioned that for days the sun did not come out now.
No wonder we´re all tired.
Sunday: If.. when??? I can talk Ingo into having a cat, I know the name thanks to gigi Hawaii!
It will be FOOKI!
"Foo” is a Chinese word for “Blessing,” and “Ki” means “Double Happiness.”
Cat, Ingo? Two?
The fairy tale, ohhh, I could SO relate:
Prince to be:
"Da scheint jemand an deine Tür zu pochen...." (someone seems to knock on your door)
Witch: "NEIN, ich will dich nicht kochen!" (NO, I don´t wanna cook you!!!!)My right ear is near to gone and I often get such nonsense, too.
Like "Zahllose Soldaten" (countless soldiers) -
"Zahnlose Soldaten" (toothless soldiers) - could be, just think of malnutrition and scurvy!
Made tomato sauce with butter this time so Ingo can join (where do these muchy tomatoes come from all the time?!)
Added, ... oh, what I found! He loved it.
I can cook for other people!!!
Does this happen to you also?
You grow old and learn more than you did when being young!
Or... More IMPORTANT things!
Art-wise... doggy is still not happy:
I want to help keeping the door safe!!
My food:
See last post ;-)
Henry 🦁












28 comments:
I feel your happiness in your words and see it in your journal drawings.
Knackered but happy-I remember it well from working in the shoe factory, especially on days when nothing went wrong and we put through 1000 pairs of shoes a day. We had two "lines" on conveyor belt systems for women's shoes and two lines for men's shoes. "My" line had the best people and we all got on so well with each doing our part towards the finished pairs. 12 people along the line and 10 of us were "Leos" all born in August!
My big Niece is a Leo also!
Wonderful when you have great colleagues and the job hence is so much fun you still think back of it years later with joy!
I think I will, too!
If work is not fun it´s a waste of life-time, right. I had that for some years... Now I´m happy :-)
sounds like another interesting week at work. I was thinking about Eileen too the other day. I love your drawings! That's a nice gift package whiskey from 4 different countries. hoping you get a little time off around Christmas-Happy T hugs from the lake
Nice, Eileen is thought of. Sad she had to go.
Yes, I so am ready for a holiday! If it´s just getting rid of the chaos here ;-)
I invited our neighbor and need to get ready! Baking included, ... ohhh.... busy. And happy, hugs to the lake!
...Iris, enjoy the festival days leading up to Christmas.
I will be baking lots of cookies soon-gingerbread boys etc fun
Little Henry is a cutie.
Tom, I hope for a couple of days off!
____
Kathy, onion cake here ;-)
Hi Iris. What a fun post. A cat? Have you talked with Ingo yet? My husband doesn't really like cats, but one year we had a lot of mice inside. Not just us, but everyone around us. There was a mouse population explosion. So I told him I was getting a cat. And then I got another. And we already had a dog. Anyhow, we were a big happy family. That was a long time ago but I do like cats.Loving this week's journal and the drawing and happy T day too. hugs-Erika
We're having a lot of gloom here. I have solar powered lights outside for Christmas decor this year -- and it has been so dim in the days that the lights barely charge and are dark very early. But less expensive than adding to the electric bill, I guess.
Those are long work days but productive. I always told Rick he went too fast when he was explaining things to clients. It's so easy when people really understand it and know they can do it and get it done!
Sounds like a full and busy week but a productive one. I hope you get some time off at Christmas! A cat? I hope so!
Those flowers are so pretty and would brighten up any space. It would be cheering to have them during such busy times. That salad looks tasty. Happy T Tuesday
Your work weeks do seem hectic to me but you are such a pro at it now. Love seeing your journals. Fooki, yes I know this word. I don't drink hard liquor but that whisky package looks really nice. Have a great day today.
Erika, yes. Ingo does not want a cat.
Maybe I should sneak in mice ;-)
Hugs from here :-)
____
Jeanie, thank you, yes I hope for some days off!
I am oftenb too fast and errors occur cause I fail to say "no" and try three things simultanously.
Need to say no! ;-)
Oh, atm even I had no time for a cat. But one day... hopefully!
_____
Divers and Sundry, sadly the flowers made it but one week and had to go this morning...
But it was so nice having them!
____
Nicole, I am so far away from being a pro (but I get better!).
It´s just mini-bottles with that Whisky for a taste. I didn´t know Fooki, glad I got taught!
It sounds like you had a busy but fun week. Busy fun. That's the good kind. Cute name for a cat, if and when you get one. Happy T Day
CJ, thank you yes! One day a cat. Maybe when I´m retired (or.... uhhh... don´t you travel a lot then? When I´m too old to... ack, I don´t know!)
Wow, Iris. I'm exhausted just reading all you accomplished this week. Stress level is 2? Had to laugh at that.
As always, love your calendar pages and your drawings. I also LOVE those tiny bottles of different whiskeys. I would never open them. They are just too cute.
Thanks for sharing your calendar, your flowers, meal, drawings, and whiskeys with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.
Glad you are happy even though things are hectic and I love the picture you drew with all the hands getting things, such fun ☺️. Little Henry's cousin is adorable - roar Meowy! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x
Your journal is entertaining as always. I hope you get some rest soon. If anything would make me move back to Oz it would be this cold weather! I hope you can talk Ingo into getting a cat or two (it might need a friend). Fook is a great name, I can just see you calling on it haha. I use my phone to listen to audiobooks btw. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx
Elizabeth, I really do hope I get my holiday.
... to do the darn taxes!
Thank you for offering this platform to share, dear host!
____
Jo, knackered but happy :-) Baby cousin meows back in the dreams! To happiness, hugs!
It is nice to hear you sounding so positive about things, Iris. Love the look on the kitten's face.
Elle, you could live in Australia??? Go!!!! Oh, I would give a lot!! Sadly we´re too old now. And Ingo has health issues.
Not a chance...
Yes, two cats, a companion is needed, anything else seems kinda cruel.
Ack, my phone. Would last one chapter ;-)
Think I will need to read... OR!!!.. Hm, find a way to get it on my PC and use the BOSE!
I need a holiday... clearly...
I hope Ingo enjoyed his whiskey.. I know a few people who might like that collection! Happy T day! Hugs! deb
Planning for a whiskey weekend are ya. :)
deb, one sip at a time ;-) Hugs
____
Bill, no sip by sip... All good ;-)
Das klingt wie eine volle und arbeitsreiche Woche. Hektisch? Ja, ich denke schon. Das spiegelt sich auch in deinem Schreibstil wieder. Aber so bist du, und es ist sehr authentisch. Ach, eine Katze ist was Schönes. Warum möchte Ingo keine? Wir können keine haben, weil meine "bessere Hälfte" sehr allergisch ist, sonst hätten wir mit Sicherheit eine, und einen Hund. So haben wir nur den Nachbarskater, der auf Dauer in unseren Garten gezogen ist.
Love the doggie sketch. Sounds like you watch Star Trek, one of our favorite shows.
Have a great week.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
Au weia, hektischer Schreibstil, sowas gibt´s?
Ich schätze Ingo mag Katzen nicht. So wie ich Hunde. Oder Fische... Auch muss man ja immer jemand haben, der sich um das Tier kümmert, wenn man verreist, das haben wir vor COVID regelmäßig und ausgiebeig getan...
Irgendwann, vielleicht!
____
Kate, yes, Trekkies here :-) We have it all on DVD to watch in the original. (OTC)
To a great week, LLAP
Yes, dual citizenship :)
Post a Comment