Tuesday, December 27, 2022

T STands For STill Sick

 
My entry to Elizabeth´s T.
It ended up in the drain. Yuck.

Food... all I got down:


But I am better, no wishing-well-thoughts needed! 😘

Journal, huh:


Monday: Wanted to work but 6 hours, nada. Full time. But I loved it.
Got my bank data on the PC without help, yay!
 
Ingo made sure I eat healthy. Quarter of a breadroll and quarter of an avo.
Ack. When eating is a pain. And you have someone who cares and makes you eat it...
Took me forever but was the right thing.
 

Lisa in The Simpsons told a story in a story .. in a story... meanwhile. Mr. Burns finally got a pic of himself with a child smiling and got his belongings back. My life is so exciting!




Tuesday: It came from all sides. So much work and ALSTOM teamleader decided: Holiday! ESE-teamleader agreed. And then I was so dumb to give my private number for in case away. Let´s see (we´re a team and I´ll be home anyways).
We hop on the last leg, so to say. But I am glad I get a holiday-extension!
Reckon they know my last leg is falling off soon 🤣

Do you know that feeling? 
Too much work, but you love it?
I am sad this year  is over. More or less.

I love it cause by now I half-know what I´m doing!
And they all appreciate it!
And they´re all nice people!!!
Best job EVER.
I would nearly say I pay for being part of it all!

To-be-Teamleader said:  
Take your time to study the technical details, if you want!

Let me tell you. Come slower times I will! Now I just scroll through and check for translation-ability.


Wednesday: Couldn´t eat again and Teamleader gave me a "go!"  to go for 2022 at 11:00 am.
01:00 p.m. we fought over a problem. So much for leaving early but mind you.... I nearly cried shutting down work-PCs for the year... I never said so, but I can´t wait to come back!
Did I ever mention how great that team... aw, well guess I did ;-)

Ingo has a new business-idea!
We buy a truck. I am still allowed to drive a 7-ton-one (please stay home - come mid-January you´re safe, I´ll loose that priviledge).
And then roam the neighborhood and steal frameworks that sit on houses more than a week without any work done.

3 months we have that problem here! Now they rip it down very loudly and we wonder... what have they done? Nothing but taking parking spaces in the street for "stuff". Cheaper than storing it somewhere else but in public places :-(

Buhu. 2022 is done, work-wise.
 

Thursday: I miss starting with "tock-tock...." as "good morning" for my T.
We don´t What´s App on holidays but the maintainance guy sure was LOUD getting me out of bed on my first day off...
 

Friday: Sick.
Ingo asked me to do some... here it is:
 

 
I did at once, weeks ago. The doctor Ingo was at.
We pondered upon a letter to PLEASE take us both in, as most doctors say they have no capacity no more.
I faked the envelope for fun  (blue., you know what) but Ingo never delivered it. 
I could´ve needed a doctor. I really was sick. Alas.
I would have 2 weeks of holiday to have a real holiday next year. No doc > threw that away. 
 
(In Germany, if you have a doctor, you can get signed sick even in your holiday. 
The more than expensive insurance company has to take over. 
You keep your holi-days. No doctor > all gone)
 
I went shopping and recycling at 07:00 a.m.
Ack.
Later Ingo went again, maybe a fun-post to come.
 

Weekend
Saturday: Christmas day: Bro called. We talked forever, Ingo got mad  and that was Christmas for me.
Sunday: I made the goulash Ingo didn´t. The meat was... not good. I followed the recipe.
Used two pans etc to make it right (and by now I can cook)...
Couple days before Ingo got meat from there and... it was crap.
The best butcher in town is gone.
I spent 4 hours for NOTHING. Was too sad to take the BOSE with Adriano even.

Löwenzahn, Maus, Fairy Tale, no Ingo. Merry Christmas. Cause my Brother called?
I know it makes no sense - door closed means leave me alone. 
He sleeps in his work-room, too.
He does not care how much he hurts me.

Reckon your Christmas was better than mine.
Heard the Nieces in the background when we talked, Bro and I.
They had no interest talking to me. We haven´t seen each other in ages, they do not know who I am. We live 60 km apart. 1-hour-drive by car (lot longer for me).

It was the best year. Sad this week ended so ... not-nice.
Was it my fault? Who knows, who cares. You cannot get back the time, it´s gone.
At least I got the super-dry toast Ingo bought home down. Still sick, can eat.
At least now I know the Tooth Fairy is male.
 
Art-wise... a piece of summer. All burnt...
 

We could´ve had some nice days.
Ingo threw them away and I do not know why.
 
The love of my life... why. 
 
Please do not say sorry.
This is but my lille, sad diary and it had to get out.

I have no idea what the future brings.
Brings me flowers, makes pressies... maybe he is angry I did not.

I make him brekkie and lunch every working day, clean the condo (not often enough!), do the the dishes, the laundry... cook at times, grocery shopping, it´s not I am sitting lazily on a throne.

If he TOLD me .... the "holiday"... just more mental stress.

Week three health knocked me out. And my heart now gives me the rest.

And they will say say: you had a wonderful time-out, now WORK.
And I will, without a word.
This is my little outlet.

I am sorry. The words needed to go out.

Ingo is a nice man. 99.9% - sadly I grabbed the last bit no one wants...

Henry 🦁


Well, Henry. Who knows. I do not.
Again. Please no "sorry"-saying. Just enjoy if you´re better off, OK? 

I slept in till nearly lunch time (haha, eating...)...



25 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you will feel better soon.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Tom. That would be nice. Nicer would be if I knew why I am thrown away.

Anonymous said...

No fun being ill--I was hoping you would be better by now. sounds like another rough work week-take care my friend Hugs

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, I am sadly off work.
No nice people to talk to, I miss them... hugs, we´ll carry on.
____

Nancy, thank you - reckon you are right.
Even if I do not understand why he hates me so much... I will carry on.
It hurts the most he does not tell me WHY. Thank you for your kind words and Hugz
To a giant new year, no matter how!

My name is Erika. said...

I am sending you some good vibes and lots of love Iris. I hope it makes it across the pond very quickly so you can end this year on a better note. Holiday stress can be a lot, and I think for so many people Christmas was not what anyone expected. Here it was so cold, no power, some people still are without theirs. Take care, and try not to let life get you down right now. (Easier to write than to happen, I know.) hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, I thank you. If only I knew what I did wrong. That´s the worst part and I think that counts for him. That I smash my brain.
We should celebrate...
Hope your power stays on, you are still in the news here! Awful! Scary!!! We are warm here. Best wishes and hugs to you!

Mae Travels said...

Good luck solving all your problems!

Better times in 2023!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Mae, hopes are low.
But thank you.
I have never been that "down".

CJ Kennedy said...

Sorry you're not feeling better. I'm not feeling any better either. We can keep each other company.

Let's Art Journal said...

So sorry you are so unwell, I hope that you feel better soon 😊. I've been unwell over Christmas too - boo hoo! Happy T Day wishes, enjoy the rest of the holidays and all the very best for the New Year! Hugs Jo x

DVArtist said...

I'm sorry you are still ill. Work seems hard but I do think you like it a lot. Yes, Mr. M. is in that 99.9% LOL. I am not looking forward to 2023 as my government has flipped and things will not be good. I just need to focus on my little part of the world. I am sending you healing energy.

Empire of the Cat said...

Iris, hope you feel better soon, no fun being sick at Christmas. It's already a stressful time for people, lots of expectations, things will be better in the New Year. No work people to talk to now, talk to us! We are here with virtual tea and biscuits! :) I spent xmas at home with the cats, it was quiet but stress-less. Happy Holidays and Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Carola Bartz said...

Hoffentlich geht es dir gesundheitlich bald besser - das ist wahrscheinlich einfacher zu lösen als die Herzensangelegenheit. Ich kann verstehen, dass du traurig bist und wissen willst, was zum Himmel denn eigentlich passiert ist. Und warum gehst du davon aus, dass DU etwas falsch gemacht hast? Besonders reif klingt Ingos Verhalten in meinen Augen nicht - aber ich kenne ihn nicht und kann das nicht beurteilen. Ich weiẞ nur, wie sehr so ein Verhalten den Partner runterziehen kann und ich verstehe vollkommen, dass das raus musste. Ich hoffe sehr, dass, wenn du das hier liest, die "Fronten" sich etwas mehr geklart haben. Miteinander reden und dem anderen wirklich zuhören ist der erste Schritt - ich hoffe, ihr könnt ihn bald tun. Die besten Wünsche für 2023 - und eine dicke Umarmung.

RedPat said...

I hope things calm down at your place and peace returns, Iris. Stress can make some people behave strangely.

The Padre said...

Long Live The Simpsons - Big Healthy Hugs My Friend

Cheers

Jeanie said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick and hope by the time you read this, all is well. It sounds like a huge, busy week. I hope you can enjoy the holiday!

Lisca said...

Oh dear, not nice. I hope you get better soon and that other things settle down too.
I'm so glad you like your job. It will soon be time to get back to work tough.
I m apalled at the fact that you can't get a doctor.And that in a civilized country like Germany.
I'm sorry to be late but happy T-Day and a happy New Year!,
Hugs,
Lisca

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh my goodness Iris i'm so late to the T party!!! Dear sweet hubs and i have been married for 33 years.. and have been through our share of ups and downs.. good and rough years.. Times when we mesh together so well and times when we cannot see eye to eye no matter what.. We learned early on to be careful with our words.. words can hurt ( i realize no words hurt too) Perhaps Ingo is just being careful with his words and doesn't want to say something in the heat of anger that he will regret later and can't take back.. Words are hard to take back once said.. Hope you feel better soon and that means your heart too.. Happy T day! HUGS! deb

River said...

Marriage is "for better or worse", we have to hope there is much more better than there is worse.
I know many people who hide themselves away when their feelings get to be too much, all we can do is wait it out.
I hope you soon get over whatever is making you sick.
I don't think stealing frames is a good business idea.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I will agree be sick is no fun at all.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I apologize that I am late visiting. I can't get my blog POST to load, but I got my blog to load once and now I am afraid to refresh it in case I won't be able to see it at all. Please be aware I am truly honored and sincerely delighted you shared your too sweet eggnog with Bleubeard and me for T this Tuesday. I am so grateful for your friendship and fellowship over a drink. Thank you for joining us for T today. Sorry you and Ingo are having problems again.

Bleubeard and I also want to wish you a very happy holiday and a safe, healthy, joyous 2023.

Iris Flavia said...

CJ, we can make a coughing-song, how about that? ;-)

_____

Jo, ack, why do our bodies chose Christmas for being sick?!
To better times!

____

Nicole, yes, I love my work. Or rather... the team!
So we have 99.9%ers. Could be worse, huh!
Yes, I listen to CNN and the news are... not good theither here, though)..
Thank you - health must come back!

____

Elle, thank you, all good again (apart from that darn flu).
May I take a pizza for a talk? Thank you for the offer! Really, I thank you!
To fun times soon! xx

_____

Carola, danke, ach ich habe bis 12 geschlafen, Woche 3 und ... naja, könnte schlimmer sein, vielleicht nehme ich ja etwas ab ;-)
Ingo´s Familie hat sich nicht gemeldet (und ich laufe nicht mehr hinter ihnen her) - ich kann mir vorstellen, seine Enttäuschung darüber ging in Neid über.
Ganz ehrlich, und wenn man nur kurz anruft (ich kriege gleich wieder einen drauf für lange nicht gemeldet haben, bin aber "bloss" die Schwiegertochter!).
Alles ist wieder gut und ich mag jetzt nicht fragen, vielleicht später.... Danke, deine dicke Umarmung tat gut und ich gebe sie - nun wieder wenigstens in Herzensangelegenheiten gesund - zurück!


____

RedPat, thank you, all good again! Heart-wise...

____

Padre, OH YES! Come January 1st I have a The Simpsons-calender with questions and no answers.... in English. We get it in German here, so I have ... it will be difficult! (It was sealed, I expected answers!)
Higs and to health (soon)

____

Jeanie, thank you, still sick, Ingo: all good and I nibble on cheese. With... a beer :-)

____

Lisca, thankk you - the other things have settled but that darn flu hangs on still...
Oh, yes, I am thankful the job is so good!
And yes. No doctors. In Germany. In times of peace. I don´t get it. Job so badly paid, no one wants to do it no more!
So far I cacn do without... To a better year and hugs!

____

deb, you made me do math, how dare you?! ;-) We´re together 28 years now.
Good and very bad times (health-wise).
All good heart-wise, but thank you so much - you helped me a lot (I only read it now as I slept like "a dead man" till lunch again)... HUGS back!

____

River, better is back :-)
I think I know what was wrong. My Bro called forever. Not a word from his family.
And really. Come New Year´s I will call Bro but not Ingo´s Mum. Last time... too long.
OK. So we will not buy a truck ;-)

____

Dora, no, hope the flu hops off soon!

____

Elizabeth, blogger (and internet) can be a pain!
Ingo and I are well again and you helped me so much, also art wise. And buying all those drinks! :-)
And words. Kindness. To a great 2023!!!(Oh, why has time to run so fast?!)

William Kendall said...

Do take care.

Bill said...

Good to read everything seems to be headed in the right direction.

Kate Yetter said...

Ugh, being sick does suck. I hope you feel better soon, Iris.
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate