This letter from dear Kathy arrived - pronto - here at our home.
The next one did not!
In pic above you see Kathy left her address as a sticker.
Next time in handwriting.
A German postie would´ve gotten it right anyways.
BUT. I mentioned this to Ingo.
We have few German posties here these days - it´s cheaper to hire ... well... cheap people.Those willing to work for way less money.
Really. It is sad. A shame, too, for both sides.
We have people who can drive a car or bike and read the ... well... what?
They speak no German, they get fixed rules like:
Here you see only - and ONLY the recipient on the front of the letter (I cleared out our street).
Nothing else.
The sender please ONLY here:
Yes. We live in kindy here. Thinking is out of the question.
My hopes are high due to Christmas Kathy´s letter will arrive. but please,...
... if anyone wants to send me snail mail... Stick to "the rules".
I am always unsure how you arrange your addresses, too.
I can .. have to give you ours now...
Henry 🦁
I had some tough work-months and made no cards at all... I´m sorry...





14 comments:
a bummer, I think it is because I included a leaf-probably against the rules-ugh Greece and France went right through-oh well we'll wait and see if it comes back to me sorry
Germany is dumb. In politics. They try to hire cheap workers who don´t speak the language and hence cannot decide...
Sad...
A leaf should not be the problem, so: Let´s hope! :-)
fingers crossed
All we can do!
Pay more - educate people!
...a letter or card is always better than an email.
If the German postie would able to read addresses...
Here they prefer the sender put the return address on the top left of the front of the envelope while the address to deliver to goes in the center. Both addresses on the front for machine reading so the envelope doesn't have to be turned over.
YES - that´s the problem!!
They mix both up here!!
They are "dumb" - not trained, whatever...
They ... return it to sender... (Elvis knew)
I remember years ago we used to write "TO:" on the front by the address, then "From:" on the back by the sender. If people could write To and From by each address even on the front that might help. With a "sticker" address, just stick it on the back.
We are getting less snail mails because most are going paperless. The same rules apply here too....Recipient's name and address on the front of envelope and sender's name and address at the back.
شكرًا ، لا يمكنني قول ذلك بشكل أفضل بكلماتي الخاصة! or should I say:Ευχαριστώ, δεν μπορώ να το πω καλύτερα με δικά μου λόγια! No, wait: this must be right-->Спасибо, я не могу выразить это лучше своими словами! No? now I am confused, but this is what a postie read here in Germoney.
River, yes. Problem is those people do not think if someone does es different.
It should be clear that ... say "New York", MUST be the sender and Braunweig where the letter is going.
THINKING....
____
Nancy, yes, less snail mal, that is why it´s so special!
____
Ingo, yes, Germoney....
To a high cost...
I noticed some from Europe place their return addresses on the back of the letter. I never have and have never gotten one back or lost. No one ever told ME the rules!
It´s crazy, isn´t it?! You should get it - brain switched on - by the name of the city who is who!
Post a Comment