Thursday, December 01, 2022

I Can Do This Myself!

 
 "ALSTOM shows fully autonomous driving of a shunting locomotive"... this is what I found starting work... Would you brave up and stand there "hoping" the locomotive recognizes you in time??? Did this person get a pay-rise???
Oh, boy-oh-boy, I would be prepared to JUMP!!!
 
Henry 🦁 and I... hmmm...


Off-today´s topic but I just had to share this!
What do you think about this? 
 
Another human´s job gone? A very boring one, though! 
I remember working in a plant doing a very boring job 8 hours a day (luckily only 3 weeks).

Amazing technology.
And, though I do have nothing to do with this and am but an external... Yay to ALSTOM.
 
Two posts to start a new month (just scroll down for Rain´s meme, if you like, or click here)...
 

 

12 comments:

magiceye said...

Impressive technology. I wouldn't dare stand there trusting a machine.

Iris Flavia said...

LOL, you two don´t trust ALSTOM ;-)
I learned way too much about fire protection, doors and what else can go wrong... no idea if I ever enter any railway, be it tram or train, ... plane.. car???
I´ll walk. Kidding. lad we have this technology - and make it safe.

Tom said...

...no thank you, I'll stand clear.

Iris Flavia said...

It´s ALSTOM... they know what they do (I hope, ... kidding!)

William Kendall said...

All it takes is one glitch in the system... no.

DVArtist said...

I know the technology is coming and there is nothing we can do to stop it. However, as you stated more jobs gone. I know 2 train engineers and there is more to driving a train that just pushing a button. The same with the self driving cars. I too many things can go wrong with the chips and then what. Car on wild. LOL Have a great day today.

RedPat said...

I wouldn't stand there either. I'm too leery of technology.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Interesting technology, and yes, it will likely displace human workers. I would be ready to jump too!!

Iris Flavia said...

William, yes, cars of that kind failed already...

____

Nicole, yes, we saw a simulator, it yelled SIFA, SIFA so you do not fall asleep - you don´t push the pedal, train stops.
But my teamleader said he knows some who can fall half-asleep and still do the job - scary!
Cars aready caused damage here. On real people... Car on wild is a good one, LOL!

____

RedPat, I´m also not sure about all this...

____

Margaret, they put a car there first. Oh, we had some death cases here when "fresh" refugees did not know the concept of tracks and the driver could not stop in time.
But then... desasters also with self-driving cars.
I´ll just walk with eyes open!

____

Spare Parts and Pics, life will go on (hopefully) and we will always be ready to jump. Just think of all the e-scooter-guys...

River said...

I would not stand there.

The Happy Whisk said...

I'd rather have a real driver!

Jeanie said...

I'm never going to catch up with everything you've written since I've been off blog for about a week now! I'll try but hope all is well!