You have food 4 the job?
Newsflash...
Ingo asked me to put something up about how people (here?) thought about licorice and also Schelllackplatten are made (as joke, we are not totally dumb) of lice-blood.
The German word is Schelllackplatte, you call it Phonograph record - my family had such a thing in the attic and as kid I played with that!
Ingo bought such a player in small - see also here, if you like (and I thought... duuude, no!).
Well, here we go with my ABSOLUTE fav!
Please bear with me: Dec 10th (or later) I´ll clean up. We have a huge project and after daily 10+ working-hour-days I´m too knackered to take care.
I´m a real person so just take the chaos and enjoy the music - it comes in ENGLISH, too!!! Just wait for it... and don´t you love the sound of the .. "hardware"...
(I did the swinging really on purpose btw... "Wochenend und Sonnenschein" (weekend and sunshine) - "happy days are here again"!)
And the cans are Steam-Punk-cans I cannot throw away, but must turn with the face to the camera! As said... I´ll ask for a holiday today!
Last one was November. 2021.
The player (and the Schelllackplatten) are spread all over the billiard-table. We must find a better solution!
Do lice-faces count as faces for FFO? If so I join Nicole.
And did this wonderful song make you smile?
That the case I join Annie with Smiles...
Henry 🦁
No sun to be expected, but... HAPPY WEEKEND!
Any plans on your side?
ICKY Addendum! After I saw some didn´t understand it´s not vinyl but Schelllack I wiki-ed.
It´s made from lice-POO!!!! See here!






23 comments:
It did make me smile and Ingo's big smile made me smile too. We have such record players available here and I think I will buy one even though I have little space to spare and I will get my records from the shed storage box and play them.
You could stand your records on those green shelves, just slide them in here and there like books on a bookshelf.
Cute art and fun with the phonograph
-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com
Good that you have one that still works. Lively music.
River, yes, I thought it was a dumb idea, but as mostly... Ingo had a good idea!
Oh, I really need toremodel...
You cannot see, but in two shelves are Ingo´s toys (The Simpsons chess game and Back to the Future-stuff) so no place for the records.
I will hopefulölly have a holiday soon and redo that shelf - and all!!
Great you have a storage box!
____
Christine, thank you, say the lice :-)
Blogger has hiccups again, huh?
____
Nancy, there are more - party with 80+-year old neighbor planned!
My friend Sallu has one of those record players and records, too. No lice here, please (grin).
I think the records were made without lice-blood, LOL... I hope!
Your video was fun. The old records are really back in fashion now. Two of my sons have a huge collection of them and now have modern turntables to play them on, but they have our old collection of LPs too.
I ealt with plenty of lice when I was a nursery schol manager, but I am very glad those days are gone. Kate x
Ewww, lice for real?! Nonono... please no!
Well these are not vinyls but real Schelllackplatten.
You made me do "researched" - not blood... poo. Lice-poo!!!
Gross! LOL x
...no lice please!
But music!
Can you imagine how many lice had to poop to make enough material to make the Schelllackplatten? 🤣Enjoy your weekend
Schelllack is so cool! Was not aware of it.
I think the "lice faces" definitely count.
I have a number of Schelllackplatten that are many years old. I also have a player that is not quite as old as most of them.
That's a fun drawing and a fun record player too. I love how the song you used is Happy Days Are Here Again. In vintage style. Here records have made a big come back. Why did I get rid of my stereo equipment when I did? And all my vintage records. Oh well. Happy Friday Iris. hugs-Erika
Records have returned here too.
The music is fun! LOVE the shelf you have. That's one of the shapes I have marked to make. So useful. Not sure if it will fit in the space so I have a back up plan too! Happy FriYay!
Ingo seems like such a fun and happy guy. I had a record player very similer to that when I was a kid. Ohhh please no lice. LOL Thank you for joining FFO.
I donated my records in 1991 when we moved to our house. We even donated our tape cassets. We just play CDs now.
I sold all my old records and all the very old ones that my parents have. It was sad to see them go.
You have lots of stuff around like I do, Iris.
Cool record player and song. Unfortunately I gave all my records away in the 90s.
CJ, poopy-times! LOL, what don´t we do for music?
____
magicece, yes, and they do break so quicly!
____
Gene, yes, most are from the 20´s... as in 1920!s
____
Erika, yes, I sadly think my vinyls are gone, too. I did leave them in my parent´s house. Asked Bro twice now, bet he forgot again...
Oh, well, c'est la vie! Hugs
____
William, yes, vinyls also. But these really are Schelllackplatten.
____
Happy Whisk, I built this shelf in 1994!!! It´s an oldie by now, but still good, maybe have to repaint it again. It´s on rolls for easier moving and divided for easier transport.
What is you backup-plan?
____
Nicole, Ingo can be fun indeed :-)
And no, no lice! They came back though, with the refugees who on their way had no chance to live they way they dhould. So you find that anti-lice shampoo in the shops now!
_____
gigi, yes, I put all my CDs into my PC, muxh more space now :-)
____
RedPat, sad you sold it all, but then... how long will Ingo play with it.
Oh, I have too much stuff! Come holiday I will rethink that "concept"! ;-)
____
Bill, I left mine at my parent´s house and reckon Bro threw them away...
Sorry I'm so late visiting this week. I had another busy day with sewing yesterday then was on Grandparent duty afterwards.
Brilliant....I'm still smiling
Hugs,
Annie x
So lice are lac bugs? I am a bit confused, but am getting a kick out of your post. Love the music ... how do you sit still when it is playing? I can tell you had fun with this:)
Andrea @ From the Sol
Post a Comment