Thursday, December 22, 2022

Santa´s Little Giggle

 

Back in the day we often got  those "whole PJs" with socks included from my Mum´s Sister from Switzerland. 
All of us, also my Dad!

You guys there sure invent a lot of good stuff but these are none of it!
When you have to go you not only freeze your butt off!

But, in honor we ... Ingo made this:



Since Mum has passed we do not celebrate Christmas no more, so to join Rain with "A Christmas Scene" I present you one from 1979.
 
My Baby-Brother got a train from Santa.
I put the train together for him and he proudly performed as a giant tunnel the train went through and yes.
 
Dad focused the cam on the train.
Bro´s head is missing.
 
Now, if Santa did not laugh about that!
 
 

 He could barely stand so he was mighty proud on this.
(I feared he might fall backwards onto that train and was, like a football-player, ready to catch him - he kept standing, yippeeee). 
 
And yes. He was in his jumpers. No dressing up for him!!!! Parents are unfair! 
 
Henry 🦁


Dad, can´t we take the choo-choo-train? I saw a Lion on it!
Feet Paws and legs OK? Then WALK.
Two posts again, fellow blogger Mae made me...



12 comments:

Bertiebo said...

That's pretty cute! But don't celebrate Christmas, Iris?

River said...

I would have loved a train set (and more books), but I got a doll and a pram which didn't make sense to me because the doll wasn't a baby doll, it was one of those walkie-talkie ones with a proper dress not baby clothes.

Iris Flavia said...

Bertiebo, we have no kids so, no... it´s but a time-out from work, which is very welcomed. A bit.

____

River, LOL, some Santas just grab what they find it seems ;-)
My Dad... Santa, certainly... once gave me a doll house. But no dolls. Not much sense, either (I was never interested in dolls but had HUGE one that by no means would´ve fitted in that house).

Tom said...

...for me Christmas is a time for family. Our entire family will be here for Christmas dinner. Take care and get well.

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds wonderful! Enjoy! :-) Merry Christmas!

Christine said...

Lovely Christmas scene. The rosti looks delicious! Sorry you don't celebrate Christmas anymore.

Bill said...

The food looks yummy.

Divers and Sundry said...

Yum, tasty!

Carola Bartz said...

Wir bekommen keine Rösti hier, aber gepresste hashbrowns kommen dich ran - die bekommen wir bei Trader Joe's und genieẞen sie. Seit unsere Tochter nicht mehr bei uns lebt, feiern wir auch kein Weihnachten mehr, zumindest nicht im traditionellen Sinn. Keine groẞe Deko (auẞer auẞen am Haus, das muss sein), kein Weihnachtsbaum (den haben wir schon vorher abgeschafft), keine Weihnachtsbäckerei, wenn ich keine Lust dazu habe. Wesentlich weniger unnötiger Stress.

RedPat said...

The rosti looks delicious. We celebrate Christmas quietly by eating well and relaxing afterwards. Not a lot of running around for presents though.
Feeling better, Iris?

Iris Flavia said...

Christine, thank you, if head-less!
____

Bill, it was!

____

Divers and Sundry, hope to find it again (it was real good quality cause really from Switzerland!)

____

Carola, ich muss zugeben hasgbrowns sind hier unbekannt! Und Trader Joe´s Produkte gibt es nue bei ALDI (sofern ich weiss).
Ja, Weihnachtsstress ist Blödsinn. Ich habe es schon als Kind nicht gemocht. Pflicht und Stress (und anfangs Angst vorm Weihnachtsmann ;-)...)

____

RedPat it was real Switzer Rösti, I hope to find them again!
And yesterday was the first day I cooked and ate! Ragout Fin - I´m on the way up, thank you for asking!

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love your story and I know it brings back so many memories to you at this time of year. I understand not celebrating Christmas. Were it not for our kids and Grandkids, I think my FH and I would not celebrate. We will always pause to be thankful and to think in terms of the real meaning of Christmas ... Happy Birthday Baby Jesus :) So enjoy your Christmas Holidays in any way that makes you happy, Iris ...

Andrea @ From the Sol