Sunday, September 04, 2022

A Mini-Yippeee

 
 
Thursday I wanted to send work-W an e-mail, saw he´s on holiday till Sept 12th, put the mail in my draft, went to the Outlook-calendar to make a note and saw...
 
I made a note for my meeting with ESE on that day.
Uh-oh.  Probationary period is over.
My job gone, too?
I felt sick the rest of the week.
To top it: Friday I got a reminder on the ESE-PC (I have two work-PCs, Alstom and ESE).

Worse. Saturday Ingo brought in mail ... snail/paper-mail from ESE.
 
That´s how I lost my job at Brunel cause Siemens  had not enough work for me.
Working as external is always "unsafe".
They just sent a paper, not even a personal word.
People are "material" for some.

I didn´t want to open it, ruin the weekend.
But knew I will think about only that the whole weekend. 
So I opened it.

I´ll get more money since probationary period is over.

Thank you for the near heart-attack!

So... it may look like I keep my job at Alstom!!!
 

 
(This is "my" tram - great color, huh?)
They said I do well and they are happy with my work.
No party before the meeting took place, but I feel much better now.
 
And I top Ingo´s salary, which is unfair.

His job is more difficult - or another difficult, he is 7+ years older than me, for years in his job, BUT! ALSO!

I have seven steps on foot to my workplace, Ingo has to drive 40+km one way!
A car, all the money down the drain for that!

Now I certainly dwell on why the stamp says "Thale", not "Braunschweig"???
And yes. Thale to me is still "East Germany", "GDR", "behind the iron curtain, behind the wall"...

Was it but a dream?
 
Henry 🦁


It´s not even the money.
The VERY BEST TEAM I worked with and for in my life.
As said seven steps to my work - that is pure luxury!!!

If I want to... whilst others have a cigarette I can set up the washing machine, takes 5 minutes. Or I shortly check your blogs (I have one hour before starting work, but can take mini-breaks later).

Oh, please. Let Thale not be a bad sign!!!
I want to keep this job so much!



22 comments:

River said...

You want to keep your job and I want you to keep your job. So that's two of us, now just your bosses have to agree and I think they will.
I remember years ago, in the 1980s we lived in a suburb far from the city and hubby had to drive us 30km to get to work and sometimes I would work overtime on Saturday mornings so he had to drive me then too, but I would catch a bus to get home.

River said...

I have a "Henry" on my post today:)

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I hope I keep it, I guess so! Why would they announce more money otherwise.
Eeek, working on Saturdays?! Not good, other you get one other day in the week off!

Hopping over to you with Henry now :-)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wonderful photos.

Tom said...

...Iris, you are a lucky person. Here a car is a way of life!

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations on the good job news! :)

Iris Flavia said...

Anne, thank you :-)

____

Tom, nah, I don´t want a car no more... too dangerous, too expensive...

____

CJ, yes. To both...

____

Divers and Sundry, I hope it is real!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking if you got a raise than you still have your job. I think it's awesome you can work at home When I was working I always had to drive long distances-I made it to retirement with 25 years as they closed down offices and moved us further away each time.
Larry and I always put our work money together for the bills etc-no worries who made more. hugs have a good sunday craziness here on the lake beginning already for the 3 da y holiday here hugs

William Kendall said...

Good for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Iris, I just made up a big container of mustard potato salad for tomorrow, and remembered about sharing the recipe.
I don't really go by a recipe any more.
I prefer red potatoes as they are more firm. peel and dice up into cubes-I make mine large. cook up as many as you want. I usually make up to 5 pounds maybe around 3 up to you. place them in a pot of cold water-heat on stove. once the water starts to simmer--I keep it at a simmer instead of a hard boil, I time them for around 8 minutes-check if done-and then check them every 4 minutes til done. you want them just done not hard, but not over cooked either or they will turn to mush.
I like hard boiled eggs in mine-as many as you want for 5 pounds of potatoes I use 4 eggs. once the potatoes are done place in strainer under cold water-I spoon them out into the strainer-then let set in sink til cool.
add to large mixing bowl add the potatoes, peel the eggs and dice them up, I don't use salt in cooking but you can sprinkle a little sale in, I use quite alot of ground pepper over the potatoes.
I add in strained sweet pickle relish, if too sweet for you can use a dill pickle relish. I like to use the heinz yellow mustard (any mustard you love is good) so I add in a bunch of that along with large scoops of mayonaise. gently stir together with a large spoon so not to crush the potatoes. taste and adjust seasoning to your liking

RedPat said...

I think if they are offering you more money they want you to stay. Do a happy dance!

Iris Flavia said...

Kathy, 16 years I drove 37km one way to work. I don´t want to do that anymore, never!
No for a job you can do from your PC!!

Yes, we share money, too, but reckon it can go on your ego?
I am yonger, new and get more.

Hope you find time to enjoy your lake a bit and thank you for the recipe!!! Yum and hugs! A plan for nrext weekend for sure!!

____

William, I do hope so.

____

RedPat, yes, oh, but unless I don´t hear it from them...They might keep me and put me somewhere else!!

Anonymous said...

I so agree working for home is perfect I would have loved that.
I hope you enjoy making the potato salad hugs the lake is total bonkers again today-hopefully will quiet down tomorrow many will go back home on labor day if they don't have a week vacation hooked with it. I have the blinds closed over the big windows, all the doors shut and it is still very loud in the house. oh well, I had no idea it would be like this when we moved here--don't want to move again though

At Home In New Zealand said...

Oh, I DO hope everything works out alright. Such a nerve-wracking time for you. Mxx

My name is Erika. said...

I can't believe that Siemens let you go through the mail. That is pretty sleazy. However, I am excited for you. Hurrah for mail from this job. That was good news. Happy new week Iris. hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

Pretty fancy tram.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Amypie71 said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get to keep your job, I'm guessing what you do as an external is kind of what we call a temp?

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, Kathy that is so not nice. Like all the summers the neighbors occupied the garden and were so loud I stayed inside!
And yes, I still heard them inside, too. If we hadn´t bought this condo I would be gone!

____

Margaret, thank you, yes, it´s tough.... but reckon it will be OK xx

____

Erika, it was Brunel, they´d hired me and as external I went to Siemens - Siemens teamleader was sad and said good by in peron.
I hope I can stay with Alstom - ESE could give me to someone else, too!

_____

Dora, yes, nice, huh.

____

Amy, yes, all my working life I was a temp.
Kinda. "Your" company cannot throw you out from one day to the next, but the customer can...

Sami said...

A raise would certainly mean they are happy with your work and they would want you to stay!
Good luck Iris!

Iris Flavia said...

Sami, yes, I think so, too, but only believe it when I really had the interview... They can send me to someone else...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you got the job. Congrats.

Jeanie said...

Congratulations! I knew they would keep you on (and a raise, too! Fabulous!) But I'm glad your worry period is over. Biggest smiles! Congratulations, Iris. Long deserved, finally here. Now, please! Relax!