Tuesday, September 20, 2022

T STands For... The BesT Message!

 

My ticket to Elizabeth´s T-Day... to summer and to Ukraine! 💙💛
 
It´s a coincidence that Tram Frankfurt has this color, as my cuppa.
But it reminds me every day that the stupid war still has not ended.

And also, food-wise... (oh, you see, I have a hard time to let go of summer....):


The bowl(s - I took two and left two for someone else) I found in the street for free fit perfectly to these fruits cause both seem to be from...


Reckon some look forward to Autumn, others to Spring.
I´m freezing my "Popo" off already.

I share the journal again and hope I find a calendar like this for next year. Another big chain for office- and art-supplies, STAPLES, has closed it´s doors in Germany.


Monday: Took a work-break early and went to the bakery and also got the "Kiwi-Berries" shown above and veggie-stuff for brekkies. YUM.
Left a team meeting with teamleader N´s OK, took the bike again  and went to ESE for my end-of-probationary period-meeting.
I still have my job, YIPPEEEEEEEE! Happy Dance!!!!
My butt hurt, seesh need an adult-saddle (but this boy´s one looks so cool!)
 

And might
keep peeps from stealing it cause they expect a boy (if a small one).
 
First try with water-colors.
Takes longer, is interesting. I need practice.

WA on TV...
 

 
... and I prepared food to cook quicker the next day whilst watching.
Kisses from Ingo felt all 15 minutes, 🥰
(I sit in my corner in the living room and watch a different program whilst Ingo sits in his place. Oh, come on, we´re together 28 years... ).
 

Tuesday: 07:00 a.m was at the grocery.
On the way back a feather tumbled towards me, just like in Forrest Gump!
(My "art"-entry)
 

I picked it up it sits with my screw I found at Alstom. 

 
... you never know what you gonna get..."
 
Took a work break around lunch and hmmmm, cooked something yummy!
"Recipe" here, if you care.
 
Monday the Jürgens Brewery called me, my T-Shirt is finally there (pic to come tomorrow for Tom´s Signs2)! So I put a card with pencil and note into W´s mailbox, if he wants to join on Thursday.

Ingo came in with this and had no clue 🤣


Just as explanation: W lost his wife, who had Alzheimer´s... long, sad story. His kids don´t care much, here is another neighbor and us who do care.
We had a fun time and W had a lot of words and stories to tell us, asking more than once if he "babbles" too much.
Life is unfair.
He worked hard all his life, child of WWII (I know so many of his stories, some real bad), two kids who don´t care, wife gone.
And yet... We laughed a lot, it was a good evening.

 
Wednesday: Surprise-Meeting at 06:00 a.m.!
To-be Teamleader C is on holiday and quickly wanted to fill me in with new stuff!
06:00 a.m.! LOL - certainly nothing open yet - he´s Brazilian and always says, "no stress, just open, no stress.." Sorry, dude, that was stress! 🤣🤣🤣
 
"Simply go into DML" - "wait, need to open it!" - "no stress" (You need to switch in teams for that, too).
"Now HiDrive" - "wait, need to open OneNote for that first!" - "no stress"...
"ACOMIS" - "wait... I"... you get the picture.
And then all new stuff. Glad I get up at 05:00 a.m. and was fully awake.
He.Is.On.Holiday!!!!
Later saw he cancelled my Wednesday-meeting at 05:43 a.m. 

 
(On top... model of our Moped - I miss her).

See, why I love this team? We take care (and yet the project is in danger due to Barcelona).
 

Thursday: Bro called - we have a date! Yippeee.
New glasses on the way.

 
(Emil does a good job in his retirement, presenting things to photograph, don´t you think?)

MIL´s Birthday - they "told" us to visit, when Ingo called Sunday they informed us they changed plans and visit his Brother.
Bummer, huh. 
You should never "tell" anyone to visit you anyways. But this... bummer.
Just to clarify: We live 60 km from them - the Brother 300. But he has (nearly grown) kids.
Plus... it´s a work day - we took a holiday. Don´t grow on trees, these days.
 
Work, work, work and with neighbor W to the Jürgens Brewery 🍻
Got my winter-house-shoes out, buhuuuu. 
 

 Boy, they look worn...
 

Friday:  By chance found the person who can help with one of our main probs - meeting planned for Monday.
Meeting with translation company went surprisingly well and to top it - J was nice in a surprise-meeting later!!!
All those meetings, but, well. In "former life" he´d just come into my office for that, right? 
Do you remember those days?

Later... sad. Ingo and I found out a huge chain for office- and art-stuff closed down Germany-wide.
You stand in front of a store with lights out and the message that was it.
 

Weekend: Saturday Emil retired.
After buying the new one we went to KFC...

 
Several cars already on the parking lot -  we went (spot Henry on Ingo´s jumper?) - well. Door was closed.
One man opened his car door and laughingly informed us they open but at 11:00 a.m. - we left.
What kind of a management is that?!
This store is near the highway, reckon you could make way more money with better opening hours.
We had Chili con Carne instead. Sad, but healthier.

And Margaret helped me out big with her saying "Every day is a good day if you want it to be 😊".
We got so much done! New lights in the bathroom, the new chair, cleaning up...
Sunday: A day of well deserved rest with yummy croissants and fresh, boiled eggs from the beautiful street-find (forgot to take a pic, but as food, see the Kiwi-Berries on top).
 
Henry 🦁


We keep the job (for now)!!!



30 comments:

River said...

I'm so glad you keep the job and happy that you managed the "no stress" meeting well.
I LOVE the Happy Dance drawing with Snoopy and Charlie Brown.
I have a KFC near me, not too close, but close enough I can walk there, but I never go. The food would be cold by the time I get home.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, I´m so happy about the job!!!!!
And C sure is patient, unlike me, LOL.

Oh, you can eat inside, no?

Funny, KFC really is rather new and still yummy here.
Last time in Perth it was all icky and fatty.
Think they just don´t care for quality after a while.
Same happened with your Chicken Treat. We loved it in 1999, asked friends to have lunch there in 2013 - huuuuge disappointment.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always enjoy your calendar, but I'm most happy you get to keep your job. Happy Dance indeed.

Nice bowls you got. Nice kiwis, too. Sorry W is not loved by his family. You and Ingo are his family now.

I have never cared for KFC. They are overpriced and you can get chicken at other places for less money.

Sorry to read about your MIL. I woud let someone knw you had to take a vacation day for no reason. Let MIL come to you next time.

Thanks for sharing your summer drink, your calendar, and your time with W with us for T this Tuesday, Iris. So happy you got the permanent job.

Mae Travels said...

Very good news -- your keeping the job! You always sound very conscientious when you describe your work.

best.. mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, yes, thank you! :-)

PIL say they´re too old to navigate Braunschweig and find a parking lot, so we gave up. It´s some excuse... They even drive to Spain in a Campervan!
At least I hope to meet Bro and get the glasses done!
So it would not be totally a waste of the day.

____

Mae, you have to! LOL, before I did something creative (Ok and a little bit of programming), now I juggle numbers, references... a pain at times, you have to concentrate so hard! But the team is just wonderful!

Stevenson said...

Soooo much beautiful things you shared dearest Iris! beautiful journal pages makes me so happy to see them with all the colors! What struck me most is the orange telephone which is suuuuper cute! When I was very young, our home phone looks very similar to that but with a boring color, that one looks so energizing! And that pair of deer slippers are sooo classy and precious!

Iris Flavia said...

Dearest Stevenson, LOL.
I could not talk yet, but my Dad´d shown me how to use that phone.
They got suspicious when I "spoke" Japanese or Chinese.
Boy, that was an expensive call!
But then my Dad did not learn and showed me how to drive our BMW manual when I was 14... guess! Certainly I took off - all good, except the parking lot was gone - and my Mum DID realize... uh-oh (I parked two spaces to the side). Dad had some words to hear from her!

I would prefer barefoot or thongs, I hate the cold...

Nancy Chan said...

Yipee and hurray that you have your job. I love kiwi too. Love your journal art. Have a great day.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you and dito, to a great day!

My name is Erika. said...

I could pick out your Colonel Sanders from KFC. Nice drawing. I know what you mean about watercolors and practice. But it is fun to try new art media because you then find the one(s) you love. And art is a process anyhow, so just keep practicing. I hope your week has started off well. We're into clouds and rain so you would love it. We need the rain so that is good, and I need some art time after finally recovering from the trip so that is good too. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

The good ole Colonel was not awake yet...
Yes, it´s a process, but time is sparse atm! I also have some sewing to do (just T-Shirts that are too big)...
Rain sounds great - here sunny, but cold already. That´s life, huh, hugs!

CJ Kennedy said...

Yay! To keeping your job. Oh, too bad Staples is closing. I love to go there, but haven't been in a long time. Finding a feather means someone that has passed has sent you a message. ❤️ You're so kind to look in on W and invite him to go to places. I'm not ready to let go of Summer. I haven't pulled out my woolen slippers just yet. Happy T Day

Iris Flavia said...

Oh? I didn´t know this about the feather! Thank you, it makes it even more special! 💖
W is a nice man - I have no idea why his kids don´t care.
Also... his fate can hit any of us. And he is nice! I said so, right? 😉
I´m freezing my butt off if I don´t run around (so I´ll clean now - Happy T-DAy!

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations on successfully passing your probationary period. Hoorah!

Autumn is here, even though we're still having some hot days. I'm also getting out some cool-weather clothes.

Happy T Tuesday!

DVArtist said...

I am so glad you made it passed your probationary time. I always love seeing your journals. You are very talented. I too ride a boys bike. Have a lovely day today.

DVArtist said...

I don't know if my comment went through. I am happy you passed your probation time with your job. I love seeing your journal. You are so talented. I too ride a boys bike. Have a nice day today.

RedPat said...

Hurray about the job. I hope every team you work on is as nice as this one.
W is lucky to have you and Ingo as neighbours.
It will be 28˚C here tomorrow but only 15˚C on Thursday. That does not make me happy.

Iris Flavia said...

Divers and Sundry, thank you and buhuu for warm clothes... I hoped for longer warm weather still!

____

Nicole, thank you, ummm... talented? I have no patience whatsoever.
Yay to boy´s bikes :-)

____

RedPat, thank you. Oh, sadly we don´t have that much time for W anymore, but we do what we can :-)
28C, oh, lucky you!!! 15 is crap, though!

Carola Bartz said...

Super, dass du den Job behälst, das freut mich sehr. Ich wusste noch nicht mal, dass es Staples auch in Deutschland gibt. Zu schade, dass so viele amerikanische Firmen nach Deutschland drängen, Läden für Bürobedarf gab es früher so gute dort mit einer viel individuelleren Auswahl als Staples bieten kann. Bei denen bekommt man ja noch nicht einmal einen anständigen Füller (zumindest hier nicht). Wir sind früher öfter zu KFC gegangen, bis ich erfuhr, in welch erbärmlichen Verhältnissen deren Hühnchen vor sich hin vegetieren. Das war's dann. Ich vermeide fast food nach Möglichkeit sowieso, war also kein großes Opfer. Allerdings - 'ne gute Bratwurst und Pommes von der Imbissbude esse ich doch! (in Deutschland, nicht hier, mangels guter Bratwurst)

Iris Flavia said...

Doch, hier gab !!! es hochwertige Füller und Alles bei Staples! Und Kunstkrams, Kalender, Stühle, Drucker, etc, etc!

Ja, KFC & Co. Die Haltung ist vermutlich auch hier ein Problem. Aber wo nicht.
Wenn ich Fleisch kaufe, dann bei EDEKA, die haben lokale Partner und ich meine zu wissen, die Tiere haben es bis zum Schluss recht gut.
Ist teurer, aber das Gewissen reiner.

LOL, ja. Ich schmeisse selten Essen weg. Aber Bratwurst in Australien... ibähhh!
Das konnte man (als Deutscher) einfach nicht runterkriegen!

Iris Flavia said...

Nicole, Blogger just sucks!
I wait a while and click F5 and if not there try again.
For crying out loud, how many times might I´ve made double entries cause I´m not willing to wait hours to check back!

Let's Art Journal said...

I've never seen or heard of kiwi berries before, I'd love to try them and your happy dance made me smile - fabulous 😊. So glad to see Henry so happy too - rooooaaaaarrrr! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Empire of the Cat said...

Yay for keeping your job! I love that snoopy and charlie brown drawing! Is it just me? I saw your can of iced tea and thought it said Six thirty not Three sixty haha (still obsessed with that dog!) Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Sharon Madson said...

So happy you still have a job. Oh, and I would be very stiff, and my bottom would really hurt if I ever rode a bike again! Kudos to you! Happy t day!

Kate Yetter said...

Your deer shoes are darling!
I love kiwi and would love to eat it more often but it can be quite pricey.
Your sketches are lovely. As for tips in watercolor, I would suggest starting with a beginner watercolor book. They will share all the techniques that you can practice. Don't get discouraged, starting a new medium is always hard. Things take forever to start looking good. Once you get all the fails out, it can only get better from there.
I have a ladies bike seat which is much wider than mens/boys seats. Otherwise, my bum would hurt.
Have a great week.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Iris Flavia said...

Jo, they are yummy! :-) Softer than big kiwis. And yes, well, I have no dog, but oh, it wa a relief!
Roooaaaaarrr and hugs, Henry can combine that! :-) x

____

Elle, yes, that was the reason I bought the drink, LOL!!!! It was really one of the best books ever! xx

____

Sharon, thank you and yes! I feel pretty unsafe in corners on teh bike by now. I must force myself to overcome my fear of falling!

____

Kate, the shoes mean: it´s getting cold, buhuuu. Kiwis are not that pricey here, but often hard as stone and then ... overdue in no time.
Watercolor... pencil or.. oh, I think I really need to take the time and watch more videos!
Hard for someone without patience! Or time. Or light! Darn winter!
The boy´s bike had less weight, that´s why I chose it, but now I don´t dare to get it down the steep stairs to the cellar anways anymore.
Thank you, to a great week - I hope so, tomorrow we´re off to Berlin. Eeeekk (I hate being in the car).

nwilliams6 said...

Yay on the job. Anyone is lucky to have you at there company - you care so much and work so hard.

Love the worn shoes - they are more comfortable. Love your clock too. I had to replace mine this week as I accidently dropped/threw the one I had. I plan to make the broken one a Halloween scene somehow.

Your journaling is awesome - Snoopy and Charlie look especially happy and good.

Fab street find! I would have grab the bowls too.

Yummy food and drink.

Happy T-day a bit late, Iris. Hugz

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, we all do work hard, just the guys from Barcelona cause us trouble!

You threw your clock?! Smørrebrød,Smørrebrød, rom-pom-pom-pom? LOL (I was to young for The Muppet´s SHow, but the cook was a hit always).

I find so much cool stuff in the street, next time I´ll show off the fitting egg holders - who gives that away for free?
To a great day, hugz!

Jeanie said...

Love your journal and deer feet! I had a boss that used to work on holiday too (and expected us to at least monitor email and weigh in if something was important.) It's stressful.

Iris Flavia said...

Glad they are but shoes and not feet, LOL!
My boss sends me to the balcony when time´s up - very nice.
We also agreed if I work longer I just write down 8 hours anyway and when on another day not much work, I write down 8 hours and leave early.
Trust is the key to motivation!