Friday, September 30, 2022

Lucky, Smiling Faces

 

This lille house is another streetfind and the Leprechaun I put in front is a pressie from Bill
 
Bill, I found my pot of gold at ALSTOM - maybe the lille guy helped :-)
 
The sun was shining so bright, neither the Peanut, nor the Leprechaun threw a shadow, crazy, ist´n it? They really did blend in with the door.
You can see it as the entrance to luck! 
 
I sketched this on the balcony, you see King Frog in the background - oh, I miss this summer! The cherries, fresh from the fridge...
 
I join Nicole´s FFO and  as the mini-Peanut seems to smile as well, I also join Annie´s Friday Smiles.
 
What a week! Tough at work, yet I managed to start training again, yipeee. 
And not even sour muscles (OK, a bit, in my arms  as I  had one kg extra-weight per wrist put on). 
 
Henry 🦁


To a great weekend - a long one here.




27 comments:

River said...

That is the sweetest little house and Leprechaun! I have several such small doors, we call them fairy doors and I have them on a fake tree trunk in the back porch where Lola likes to sleep in summer.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh! Thank you! So I got a special streetfind!
Mine sits in the board, together with the Leprechaun, our balcony has no weather-protection, sadly.

mamapez5 said...

A sweet little leprechaun in his house. We have a lot of Irish connections in our family so anything Irish catches my interest.
I don't miss summer yet as it is still quite warm and sunny here, but the nights are cooling down (a blessing) and there is a real feel of Autumn in the end. My 'bowl of cherries' was replaced with the first mandarines of the season this week; a sure sign Winter is on its way! Kate x

William Kendall said...

Cool nights here, which you'll get no complaints from me about.

Tom said...

...enjoy many smiley day, Iris.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE this drawing. It's great for Nicole's FFO. That us such a great leprechaun, Iris. That was a great find on the street!

Iris Flavia said...

Kate, I have red heads from both sides but no idea if Irish at some point. No one really left to ask.
I´m waiting for mandarines yet! To yum x

____

William, no worries, the more I can complain! My microwave-tiger is at work already!

____

Tom, to smiles!

____

Elizabeth, thank you, and yes, I find the best things in the street!

Annie said...

What a wonderful drawing....such a cute little Leprechaun.
Hugs,
Annie x

CJ Kennedy said...

Cute little door. I'm missing Summer, too. Only 264 days until the Summer solstice!

Nancy Chan said...

Love your drawing. This morning I bought fresh mangoes and pears. Today is cloudy and cool, can sleep with just the fan.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Annie, and hugs x

____

CJ, I need that countdown again, too - well, or you!

____

Nancy, I sleep with my microwave-tiger!
Oh, enjoy the fruit!! You can´t get that here ripe...

Jeanie said...

Love your leprechaun -- and you're right -- you did hit the pot of gold!

Iris Flavia said...


Jeanie, I hope. Today - a Friday! - I "gave up" after 10 hours, gahhh ;-)
But I had nice help and got a lot done.

DVArtist said...

Yes the luck of the Irish. I love this drawing. Glad you had sunshine. I hope you warmed up a bit. Have a very lovely day and thank you for joining FFO.

LA Paylor said...

charming. Congrats on returning to training... I'm just walking but even that is an accomplishment! Doing lots of painting this week at least. LeeAnna

Anonymous said...

I Love your latest art! Happy weekend hugs from the lake

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice sketch. You are good at this. Gigi hawaii

Bill said...

Leprechauns are always glad to assist in finding the gold. :) Love your drawing, it looks great. Happy weekend to you!

RedPat said...

I'm hoping it is sunny on Sunday and I will sit out on the deck even if the temperature is not very high. I need more summer. Enjoy your long weekend.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Iris, late today as we've been on the road most of the day. You always give us something to smile about. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

At Home In New Zealand said...

Hope you have a happy (and lucky!) long weekend :)

Iris Flavia said...

Nicole, indeed there was sunshine so hot after I took notes in a meeting, then grabbed the black mouse... outch!!! It was hot!
Thank you for hosting FFO, too. I hope I can keep joining with being inside in bad light...

____

LeeAnna, thank you, walking is as good!! You uat least get the sun, I stay inside...

____

Kathy, thank you and hugs to you and the lake!

____

Gigi, thank you. I´m not good in taking compliments, glad you don´t say it to my face, I´d turn red all over ;-)

____

Bill, yes, he still stands in this little door! To a happy weekend!

____

RedPat, to more summer for you! Here it looks like rain, but, well, I love that, too - if only it was warm (which is not the case no more).

____

Angela, thank you, it´s good to be on the road (if safe!) and always good to make someone smile xXx

____

Margaret, Thank you, and for you, too!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the little house and Leprechaun :)

All the best Jan

Amypie71 said...

That's very nice cheering up mail from Bill, a cleverly drawn picture too.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

You can claim the "Luck of the Irish" now even if you aren't or don't know if you are, because you have a Leprechaun. That female Lion is for sure smiling and I think he is just trying to be cool. Training for anything special or just getting in shape? Be well, Iris ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Fundy Blue said...

You can't beat the luck of the Irish, Iris! Have a fun week!

My name is Erika. said...

The last few days have been crazy and I am busy catching up. This is a great drawing Iris. I'm not Irish but it has to be lucky. I really like how you added the little leprechaun and Peanut too. O hope you had a super weekend. hugs-Erika