Saturday, September 03, 2022

A New Car 4 Ingo ?

 
 
"Proud Ingo", LOL.
OK, what happened?
 
A woman drove into Ingo´s car, while it was parked, same happened to me, also.
 
Open with the key inserting for real!!
 

 I did...


Hard work, such an old car, steering, braking... like back then.
Do you remember? 
It was normal back in the day, my first cars didn´t even have an airbag, how about yours?
Now he has his car back:
 

Hi "DU" (German for "you", it was given by chance, the name, but be it Panto or this one, I greet 😘)

 
Henry 🦁


Depends on distance and what you carry, big boy!



19 comments:

Ingo said...

About my "new Car": It was a great experience! First the clutch (I think more than 80% in Germany drive manual gear) had gripped on the last mm. Next, (non)power steering become a new impression: You need all your power keeping the car on the road! But fortunately there was a manual aircon! (Turn the handle at your side door;_) All in all it was a timetravel almost 30 years in the past when I've got my first beloved car.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, mine was like that, also.
A very old, used Opel diesel. Like a tractor... but safe in winter.

Tom said...

...for years I drove vehicles (cars and trucks) with manual transmissions and then I could lazy in my old age. I can still drive a manual though. Enjoy Ingo, my "new" car is 13 years old.

At Home In New Zealand said...

I learnt to drive a car with manual transmission, no airbags, and a muffler designed to make lots of noise! It had wide tyres, a 12 foot aerial at the back, and a paint job to die for (it was my boyfriend's car!). Ingo will be glad to have his one back home again :)

My name is Erika. said...

No, my first car didn't have airbags nor air conditioning nor electric windows nor leather seats nor cruise control...it was bare bones. Now my car is middle of the road with extras. Glad Ingo's car is back, and that at least neither of you were hurt when his got hit because I am assuming you weren't in it since it was parked. Happy Saturday. hugs-Erika

William Kendall said...

I remember my mother once talking about manual gears, and I had to ask, "what's a clutch?"

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the color of Ingo's car, Du. That was the color of my car before we got Moose.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, most cars here still have manual, and I prefer that, too.

____


Margaret, that sounds like a cool, fun car!
An ex-boyfriend had a huge, orange 70´s car, I loved to drive that.

____

Erika, no, we weren´t in there, and it was just the door and a bit underneath.
All good, hugs!

____

William, LOL!

Sami said...

Glad the car was just parked and no one was sitting in the car. Good luck with the new car.
I got so used to driving an automatic car since we came to Australia, so much easier...now not comfortable with a manual.

DVArtist said...

My first car was a truck. Shifting gears and loving it. Not even a seat belt back then. LOL

RedPat said...

My first car had seat belts and that was about it for modern things. I can still drive a manual but they are hard to get here so my new car (2018) is an automatic.

Iris Flavia said...

Sami, Ingo just got his car back - not a new one, but better than that Opel!!!
I prefer gears to automatic - you have the control, don´t you? Mostly, at least.

____

Nicole, very cool - would you share pics and stories?

Christine said...

Yay congrats!

Iris Flavia said...

Well, the lady had to pay!
But it did cost Ingo´s time...

peppylady (Dora) said...

Both of our rigs are well over 20 years old
Coffee is on and stay safe

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've never druiven any car that wasn't a manual. They are SO hard to find in this day and age, though. They just don't make them manual anymore because of us lazy Americans who refuse to use both our feet!

River said...

I like the blue car better, I like colour and who wants to drive the old fashioned models now anyway if they don't have to?
I never owned a car, just a small motorbike. I miss it, but won't ever get another one. Traffic is too fast these days.

Divers and Sundry said...

My first car was new, but the cars since have been used and I've liked them just as much -maybe even more. In the 70s there were no airbags or push-button remote controls lol That would've seemed like magic! Those are new-fangled ideas ;)

Jeanie said...

The new car is great -- and so useful, given Ingo's drive to work. I don't remember about his car being damaged but that's one happy smile!