Tuesday, September 27, 2022

T STands For "Trash"

 


My entrance to Elizabeth´s T is another streetfind Ingo was sure I will not take home.

But. I certainly - after it sat 3 days and nights lonely outside... I did take it home. Gurri will love it! It´s the cuppa in the middle, of course.
I could not decide. At times it was cold, then the sun came out, still warm...
Both kind of teas, hence! 

The journal:


Monday: 06:00 a.m. and... The Dead man is there! Correctly in German then translated to SIFA, but, really?! He´s haunting me!
 
07:00 a.m.  - grocery-shopping. 5 super-yummy sweets, 4 for the family, one for me. The cash out guy (EDEKA has the best meat, but no self check out) after wishing me a wonderful morning (brrr, it was cold!) grinned me in the face, scanning all the sweets.
 

Me: "They´re pressies for family" - more grinning, "that´s what they all say 🤣" - "Ok, one is for myself..." - touché! He really got me!
 
Later meeting with colleague A. We do swear a LOT! But we always also say, "can you please..." and "thank you" - I love this team (sorry if I repeat myself). 
Later an error happened, I texted A, then found the bug myself, yet...
A set up a meeting for help for the next day. 
All with also private chatting.
 
Needed eggs and got them after work when getting Ingo´s bread. 
A man asked for "cheap masks".  
And said he uses them as.... egg-warmers, LOL 🥚🥚🥚
 
Next time I´ll look out for little bread-pieces with sea-salt, this time they had only big ones - looked yummy, lille chat with the baker-lady. 
A Braunschweig person, she knew where "Affenfelsen" is and thinks it´s normal to walk 2 km one way to get bread there.
 
 

 
Tuesday: Ingo finally washed the socks his late Granma knitted for us.
If you don´t read along since like forever:
She knitted normal socks. Then, to welcome me to the family she knitted one pair for me, too, but, alas! Due to Christmas stores were closed and there was not enough wool. 
Toes and heels were hence from different wool and suddenly everyone wanted creative socks like mine.
I found her on the floor one day (we lived with her) - nothing bad happened - she was just sorting wool, LOL!
By accident I gave her a new hobby. And whilst I hung the socks for drying she told me stories of back then. 
I sure miss her.
 

 

When we had to move out we visited her every time I came to Ingo´s place (weekend-relationship).
She always ripped the door open and went, "my children!!!".
So many memories.... 
 
 

 
Wednesday: ... started well. The new project manager left me a teams-message.
With... my surname only.

Who does not want to start the day with "Hi Emperor"? 🤴

It was a bug and before I could get the cam it´d switched back to "Hi Iris".
Aw, well, was fun.

Great meeting with my hero-colleague, A. Now I have dark backgrounds, at work- and private PC, much better for the eyes!
And we got another problem solved, yipeee...
Later just tidying up - but I will go back to training!

And... Christmas-time already! 

Somehow, after the meeting with the translation company - my teamleader had to quit this and told me to give "love greetings 😘", btw (I live in a men´s world!)! 
But I managed - colleague W asked me to stay in the meeting and when the work-related stuff was done... we somehow ended up about how he looks sooooo forward to visiting ALL the Christmas Markets, and not only nearby!
The meeting I actually wanted to cancel took hence one hour!
I would love to skip the dark half of the year, but after listening to W I think it´s good we have the seasons. 

How about you - Christmas Markets, yay or nay?
 


Thursday: InnoTrans 2022 in Berlin - see here, if you like.
 

 
Friday: Family, see here, if you wish.
 

 
Weekend: We were knackered.
Just got the must-haves (cheese etc) and otherwise just TV, cuddling up, re-energizing.
Never again will I go by car to Berlin. And also family was but stress. Friday on the highway, forget about that here...

So... food-wise... fast food.


Henry 🦁


 
Yes.
Life has to go on.
 

 


29 comments:

River said...

Baguette Hawaii looks delicious. I went to a Christmas Market at the local Community Centre for two years in a row, but it was very disappointing. Only handmade Christmas ornaments, knitted or crocheted, or felt things decorated with buttons etc. And handmade Christmas Cards. All too expensive for my small budget. I have enough Christmas things anyway and don't have room to put things up, not even a tree because of Lola, she might knock it over and break things. It will be different if I ever have a proper house again.

Bertiebo said...

I like the socks story. And for me NO Christmasmarket!!!!!

Iris Flavia said...

River, here you get food and drink and all. There are carousels,, and yes, also way too expensive deco stuff to buy, but mainly food and drink!

____

Bertiebo, same here. Too expensive. We might pop in once, though.

Mae Travels said...

Christmas markets look like a lot of fun. I've seen lots of photos of the Augsburg market (where family live) and before the lock-down there used to be a one-night Christmas market here in Ann Arbor, but it was too crowded.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, it´s often too crowded and way too expensive.
But maybe once we´ll go. If they have it this year!
I feel sorry for all those who cannot open their booths and loose money hence.

Tom said...

...I am so boring, each day I wear white socks!

nwilliams6 said...

I think Christmas markets are good for getting you more in the feel of Christmas if you need it or just want something to do a particular day, but here they have become either too commercialized and expensive or uninteresting.

Sounds and looks like lots of interesting stuff at work. I know you are making a huge difference on that team.

The socks are so precious and how lovely to have such sweet memories of them as well. Love the story of you finding her on the floor sorting wool. I miss my grandmother too and wish I had met my hubby's grandmothers.

Fun food, Iris. Fun post as always. Happy t-day and hugz


Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week Iris, Loving your socks and the story-handmade clothing is the best-good memories too. wear them and enjoy. My friend Sonia that drove me to Yellowstone Park so I could visit it, had knitted me a lovely pair of socks-I treasure them more since she passed from her illness. so I wear them too to remember her and they are soft and cozy wool too.
I don't think I have been to a christmas market-if they have them here-I have been to handmade craft events with christmas themes.
Have a good week-hugs from the lake.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Sorry for not visiting more. We have been on the road since Sep 4 and won't be home until Oct 8!
Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

My name is Erika. said...

I've knitted socks, but some of my favorites to buy are called Soulmate Socks. They are purposely mismatched. Both socks are the same colors, but knit in different order.In fact I have some on now, since it is chilly this morning, but at least not as cold as it was a couple of days ago. Sounds like you had a nice visit to Berlin.We don't have Christmas markets here, sadly. They have holiday fairs, which last a day in a church or school or some place with a big room. But usually they are more craft related. With some food perhaps. Happy T day Iris. Hope you are having a great day. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Your Christmas Markets sound like lots of fun, but we don't have anything like that here. I enjoyed the story of Grandma and her socks. Such a sweet memory. Another fun and busy week. Happy T Day

Nancy Chan said...

I would love colourful socks. So nice to have a grandma that can knits socks. I think Christmas market sounds fun. We don't have Christmas market here.

William Kendall said...

I dislike Christmas, but don't mind the markets.

DVArtist said...

Oh Iris there is so much going on in this post. I love the art journals. I would like to buy candy, sweets, but they are so expensive here. Once in a while I break down and get candy. There is nothing better than hand knitted socks. I have a friend that live in Germany who made me some. I wear them in the house all winter. Have a lovely day today.

Iris Flavia said...

Tom!!! LOL!

____

Nancy, same here, way too expensive and always the same.
I think - we had none the last years due to COVID...

Thank you, this team is SO MUCH FUN! (the work not so much)
Yes, Ingo´s Granma was some woman :-) Hugz from here

____

Kathy, yes, those socks are precious! Glad you have a pair, too!
Let´s see if we have a christmas market this year and if we pay a visit.... So far... hugs to teh lake :-)

____

Jackie, thank you fpr popping in - enjoy your trip!!!!

____

Erika, oh, I want some Soulmate Socks, what a sweet idea!!!
Well, le´s see if we have Christmas Markets again... and if so... if we pay a visit.
And if so... Oh, I could write a loop, huh? ;-) Hugs from here!

____

CJ, I think you don´t miss too much, the markets have become expensive and all too commercial.
Yes, Granma was ... cool!

____

Nancy, yes, she knitted a lot of socks!
And, oh. Mulled wine in your temps? Hm. I think I would lie down to sleep in a sec then ;-)

____

William, I like the lights. January always makes mesad.

____

Nicole, I thought sweets in America are cheap! Yes, the socks are the only good thing of winter. Well, and kale, brussels sprouts.... - can´t wait for that! To a lovely day!

RedPat said...

You had a busy week. There are a few Christmas Markets here but they seem rather boring with the same things all the time. Some of the smaller Christmas fairs are fun with lots of homemade pastries.

Carola Bartz said...

Handgestrickte Socken sind die besten! Ich habe ständig ein Paar auf meinen Nadeln, denn ich trage sie nicht nur selbst, sondern verkaufe sie auch in meinem Etsy shop. Hier sind die Autobahnen auch immer gesteckt voll mit Staus, jeden Nachmittag unabhängig vom Wochentag. Absolut nervig. Weihnachtsmärkte - hier gibt es keine richtigen Weihnachtsmärkte, die auch so viel Atmosphäre haben wie in Deutschland. Ich vermisse den Weihnachtsmarkt in Tübingen - er dauerte immer nur drei Tage, über das 3. Adventswochenende, und war nicht kommerziell. Ein toller Markt mit einer einzigartigen Atmosphäre - und dementsprechend natürlich voll, aber da er sich durch die ganze Altstadt erstreckte, ging es, da man immer wieder in die kleinen Gässchen ausweichen konnte (die man natürlich nur als Einheimischer kannte). Gibt es einen in Braunschweig?

jinxxxygirl said...

I always thought learning how to knit socks was a useful thing to learn.. I haven't learned it though.. If theres ever an apocalypse one needs to have a useful skill... i'd want to be known as the sock lady..lol.. Happy T day Iris! Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

What a fun socks story. We love colorful socks around our house :) Happy T Tuesday!

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy Autumn! Your post has made me smile today, loving all your drawings and calender journal pages today 😊. How amazing are those socks and that's a fun story too. Henry looks very regal today although non-plussed that autumn is here ...lol! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love reading your calendar and how beautifully you draw and color. I lead such a boring life compared to yours. You have fun every day.

I also like that "freebie" you picked up on the street. I would ave taken it, too. Hot and cold tea. You can't do better than that.

Thanks for sharing your calendar and your tea freebie with us for T this Tuesday, dear Iris.

Kate Yetter said...

Loved the story about the socks! Sounds like great memories with your Gramma. Also loved the bit about the man buy masks as his egg-warmers, my kinda people.
We don't have Christmas markets here in the USA but stores are already starting to put out Christmas stuff and it makes me crazy. I closed my eyes the other day while shopping down an aisle with Christmas items because I don't want to see it yet.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Sharon Madson said...

That was such a sweet Gramma sock story. I wanted to tell you I watched a bunch of you tubes about daily or weekly art journaling this weekend. I might give it a try, as I always enjoy looking at yours. Happy T Day.

Amypie71 said...

Gosh those socks look well worn and probably well loved too.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat, yes, over the years it does get boring. Yet, after we had none the last two years, maybe we pay a visit.

____

Carola, ich kann leider nicht mehr stricken. Ich muss das langweiligste Kind gewesen sein, ich habe Puullover gestrickt. Mit Motiven.
Ja, Braunschweig hat einen der schöntsne Weihnachtsmärkte Deutschlands :-) Aber, wie die Autobahnen propenvoll, wenn mant geradde Mittags im Hellen hingeht...

____

deb, I used to knit pullovery - when I was a kid. I can´t do it no more. But reckon it can´t be rock science with socks, so... give it a go :-)
No apocalypse, though, please! Hugs

____

Divers and Sundry, yes, to these socks! :-)

____

Jo, glad I could make you smile - the socks yure are wonderful. Well, we are no fans of cold weather, but, alas.... hugs!

____

Dear Elizabeth, I do not think you lead a boring life - at all!
Yes, there is so much stuff in the streets! Mine sits here since it started raining, but U have giveaways, too :-) Give and take!
Thank you for hosting, this is so much fun! And without T-Day I might get slack with the calendar!

____

Kate, Yes, Ingo´s Granma was fun. Mine could not knit, so this was really a treat.
Also... I didn´t spend much time with her. She heloed raising us but my Bro was the one she loved.
Yes, egg-warmers! LOL.
Yep, Christmas sale is on, I hate that!

____

Sharon, there are youtube-videos on this?! I never knew!!! Should go and have a look!
So, you will join me, that would be so nice!

____

Amy, yes. Sadly no new ones to come. Ingo´s Granma passed 2008. Gosh, time runs...

River said...

Love the socks!

Lisca said...

I've never been to a Christmas market. But we don't do much about Christmas, apart from putting up a tree, and decorating it. I also like to buy a poinsettia and an amaryllis. We don't do presents. If I came across a Christmas market I would look out for special handmade tree decoration.
I love the socks! I like to knit socks.
Your baguette Hawaii looks very yummy. You're making me hungry.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

River, yes, they are truly special!

____

Lisca, we do even less for Christmas, but the rare visit to the market ;-)
Oh, you can knit socks!!!!
Well, the baguette was really cheap. But at times one needs this!

Empire of the Cat said...

One woman's trash is another woman's treasure right Iris? I got some really great chairs once from the side of the road lol. I liked the socks story too, I can knit socks but I prefer to crochet socks, it's almost the weather to start wearing them as it's getting colder. I like Christmas markets but I haven't been to one for a while. I was in a shop yesterday and there was a sign up saying "santa is coming" and I thought wow he is getting an early start since it's only September lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx