Bread, so easy - and ALDI had the best truffle butter (Ingo runs away from the smell, sadly) - soooo quick, easy and yummy!
And certainly fitting for today´s theme:
New bag from our bakery, harvesting to, well, bake bread.
It says: "food and drink keep body and soul together":
In ear worm case here goes:
Henry 🦁
Well, Henry, it´s but a wee bit of meat ;-)
We´re off to Berlin soon.
250 km/ 155 miles... eeek.
Crazy, we drive to the InnoTrans 2022 by... car. Cause the train is too expensive.
Another colleague does so, also, and one Alstom-customer with his colleagues travels by bus!
This is an exhibition on railway!!!
I hope to see "my" company, ESE, as well as ALSTOM.
And to get to and back in one piece, I hate driving the car - or being the co-driver, wish us luck.
German Autobahn is crazy. You can in parts drive as fast as you want/can.
Ingo is a good, safe driver, yet.... so/too much can happen...
4C / 39F right now. BRRRRRrrrrrrr.




19 comments:
Oh that's nice. I immediately feel like going to Berlin. I have not often been to other parts of Germany, actually only in transit. But I know Berlin pretty well
...truffle butter is new to me!
Good luck and have a wonderful journey. I'm surprised you don't like driving in the car. I love it. Watching the scenery change...OK, sometimes it is boring. And the train is the same here. More expensive than the car. That doesn't seem right at all. Happy travels. hugs-Erika
Happy Thursday. Have a good time
Much💛love
Have a terrific time in Berlin and enjoy the railway exhibition! I bet it has all new meaning to you now! Your lunch looks wonderful!
Bertiebo, I was in Berlin only the second time in my life. The first time was when there still was East- and West Germany!
We only went to the exhibit, though. With a car it´s not really possible and it was a long way big with traffic jams.
____
Tom, it is SUPERYUMMY. Sadly ALDI has it no more... but if you see some - go for it.
____
Erika, I used to love driving, especially in Australia.
Then I had a car accident, nothing happened to or anybody else, but the feeling of loosing control freaked me out.
And here people drive crazily fast. Autobahn often full to the brim, trucks in to lanes (we call it "elephant-race" as it takes them forever to overtake each other).
But, Ingo did a great job and even avoided an accident when we were already nearly home!
So, all good - hugs!
____
Gillena, thank you - it was very interesting!
____
Jeanie, yes, I think Ingo was quite bored, but it was so interesting to a see for example a bogie for real etc...
Hi Iris. Your food always looks so good to me too. The differences is our food makes it interesting. As for growing beans on your balcony. ABSOLUTELY! I grow my beans in 5 gallon buckets. I got my grandson to grow a very nice garden on his very small balcony. you can too. I will help you in anyway I can. It would be fun for us to grow our gardens together via internet. Have a great day.
Nicole, that would.... will be great, thank you!
I´ll come back to you come Spring with this? Or is that too late?
Nach Berlin würde ich direkt mitkommen - Heimatstadt meiner Mutter. Ich fahre gerne Auto, auch in Deutschland - Deutsche sind auf jeden Fall bessere Autofahrer als Amerikaner, die ja noch nicht einmal zur Fahrschule müssen. Das merkt man dann auch an der Fahrweise. Stimmt, die Deutschen fahren schnell, aber als wir im Mai dort waren, fand ich im Ganzen das Fahrverhalten besser als hier. Vielleicht ist das im Norden anders als im Süden, keine Ahnung. Gerast wird hier auch und es gibt keinerlei Radarfallen, die aus sehr fadenscheinigen Gründen verboten sind. Die Cops müssen dich "live" erwischen.
I'm not a big fan of driving on busy highways either. Glad that you are home okay.
Omelet bread. Yummy! Safe travels and have fun at the Rail show.
Truffle butter looks delicious. I wonder if Aldi has it here.
best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Carola, was?????Keine Fahrschule?! Um Himmels Willen!
Und im Süden keine Radarfalllen?!
05:32 Uhr morgens, Ortsausgang aus einem DOrf, keine Schule/Latersheim/Krankenhaus - nix. BOOM - geblitzt. Das ist Schikane und Geldmacherei.
Früher bin ich gern Auto gefahren, auch in Deutschland. ein Unfall hat alles geändert - es ist niemandem etwas passiert, aber diese Machtlosgkeit war schrecklich!
Ich konnte nichts mehr tun, der Wagen drehte sich einmal um die eigene Achse und knallte in die Leitplanke.
Ich: nicht mal nen blauen Fleck vom Gurt. Auto verzogen > Schrott.
Seitdem trotz Fahrsicherheitstraining: Angst(bei-)fahrer.
Ich bin seit 4 Jahre nicht mehr Auto gefahren.
____
RedPat, big gyes, a near-accident on the way home already in Braunschweig-area.
____
CJ, aha, LOL, that´s called omelette bread? Cool, I´ll use that now!
Yipps, home safely... was stressy!
____
Mae, no. That was 5 years ago. They had it for 3 years in a row and then... nada.
Sad!!!! But LIDL had it and I bought 5 glasses and foze it - not as good as ALDI´s, though!
It's gotten cool here as well
Your weather, huh?
Driving the car again is like the oven and the fire. Little baby steps and keep trying.
I hope the exhibition was excellent.
I have never seen or heard of truffle butter ... I wonder if, now that I know about it, I will notice it on the shelf in our Aldi. Sure sounds good enough to try. And bread, for sure, counts as a Harvest food ... poor Henry, no meat :( Your "Laid Back" music was fantastic. I am pretty sure I could never sky dive ... I get dizzy looking down a steep staircase. Not my thing, but it is still fun to watch :) I hope you have a safe trip to and from Berlin. Here, I am not sure driving would be cheaper as the gas prices are so high (thought they have finally started to come down), but, like you, I don't like to drive on busy highways. Even if you are a good driver there is always some fool on the road who can easily cause an accident. Good Luck to you and Ingo ... I am sure you will be fine and Enjoy you exhibit and Berlin ...
Andrea @ From the Sol
Hi, Iris! Your harvest meal looks yummy. I loved the video, couldn't take my eyes off it. Good luck on your trip. I hope you arrive safely and have fun!
And forgotten ... Lasagna is not a harvest food in my country, maybe in Italy. But that wouldn't keep me from having it, just not today :) You are a hoot, Iris :)
Andrea @ From the Sol
Post a Comment