Thursday, September 29, 2022

We Finally Have An Offspring!

 

For years now I´ve been searching for a very small pan.
For induction! Not a chance (for little money)!
 
Then I saw one! But... Baby had a difficult start, none of the four fields "she" would take (pans are female in German).
 
We have one  old fashioned field, that she took, but huh. Takes effort, time and energy.
 

 
BUT! I have an Ingo, remember? He found a way - of course!
Take a pot that takes induction, wait till it heats up the plate a bit and set Baby on it, and... ta-daaaaa! 
 
It´s for nothing spectacular, just .... well this:
 
 

"There  is also a book about me and my friend Two-ear-Chicken!
Til (caution, sexy, funny, intelligent guy!) called me rabbit, though, here you can read about the movie. 
Here is my book (I live for real in Braunschweig):"
 
 

 
 

Henry 🦁


Big or small or "no" ears, we are beings, right.
Addendum... Erika reminded me... I can join in at Art Journal Journey - so I did. 



29 comments:

Bertiebo said...

It must be stupid, but I don't understand the story of the pan. Not even after reading twice. I really like your rabbit

Iris Flavia said...

It takes induction only when already warm! Crazy thing, that! But glad Ingo found that work-around!
Put the pan on a cold induction field and it only makes tic-tic-tic. On warm... it starts working!

River said...

I have a small pan just like that one! I use it for eggs too and for pancakes.
Little two-ears chicken looks very cute.

Iris Flavia said...

To little pans!
Oh, poor no-ear-bunny ;-)

Nancy Chan said...

I have been thinking of getting an induction stove but until now have not done so. I know some induction stoves only work with certain type of pans and pots. I am looking for an induction stove that is not picky about the type of cooking pans or pots.

William Kendall said...

Pans are deemed female?

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, you always need - as far as I know - pans etc that are explicitly for induction.
But it´s great! Heat there - prego, heat gone, prego!

____

William, yes, pots are male. Ying and Yang, LOL

Christine said...

Cute pan and nice art!

Gillena Cox said...

Good luck with your new pan. I am an omelet gal rather than a sunny side up😊
Luv your art.
Happy Thursday

Much💛love

Tom said...

...I have a friend who collects cast iron and he has a huge number of fry pans.

CJ Kennedy said...

Your little skillet is cute. In case she makes eggs for me, I prefer mine scrambled. Awww, sweet storybook. Baby Chicken is adorable.

LA Paylor said...

always seeking a good pan... our stove is just electric in this house and we thought about invection next. I want gas stove though. Your illustrations are charming and yes, we are all on this earth together. None more important that others, whether animal vegetable or mineral. We all live together and I'm glad you're on this earth while I am... happy Thursday
LeeAnna

DVArtist said...

I am looking into these pans as well. With an electric stove I think they would work well. Love your no ear bunny. Hugs are always the best. Have a great day Iris.

RedPat said...

Poor bunny.

Iris Flavia said...

Christine, yes, the wee one is practical for one!

____

Gillena, both egg-variations are good when you vook but for yourself :-) 💛

____

Tom, we sadly have not much space...


____

CJ, she makes scrambled as well :-)

____

LeAnna, gas freaks me out, fire in general. Pro obn gas, you can put on anything and avoid such dances we have.
Nice you even mention a mineral, wish more people would think like we do!

____

Nicole, the pan did her job well today :-)
no ear bunny says thank you and wishes you a great day :-)

____

RedPat, nope. Bunny is a happy one! :-)

____

Bill, yes, prego on and off!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Congratulations, and a very cute "baby"!

Iris Flavia said...

:-) It works hard already!

Carola Bartz said...

Til Schweiger wie der Schauspieler? Ugh.
Das Buch sieht aber ganz süß aus. Und dein Hase zählt für Haare, zumindest für mich. Süßer Kerl.

Iris Flavia said...

Ich fand "Honig im Kopf" etc passend (meine Großmutter hatte Alzheimer und ich finde, er ist das Thema sehr gut angegangen).
Keinohrhase sagt danke :-)

My name is Erika. said...

That is such a cute little pan. It would be nice to have one too, so you don't need to dirty a big pan. And your earless bunny is adorable too. You even managed the hair very nicely. I hope it was a great Thursday. I've spent the day trying in various way to de-skunk some smelliness. And skunks are not as cute as your bunny either. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, poor Mr. Pete, as said - or did blogger eat my comment up again?
No-ear-bunny says thank you! As the pan. She did a good job yesterday night again. Hugs and to a great day.

Neet said...

He sure is a cute little guy. Love the expression on his face and his one tooth sticking out. I have not met a no-eared bunny before so it was nice to meet this one. And he has a lot of fur by the looks of hi.
Hugs, and Thanks for joining in with the challenge at AJJ.
Hugs, Neet xx

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

Small pans are great for eggs and crepes. Cute art!!

-Soma

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

My kids had an induction stove in their last apartment and it was hard to find pans to use on it. Now we just have a gas range and I have a small pan that I make eggs in ... love your egg, cheese and bread ... I like sunny side because I like the yolk to run when I bit into it. Really looks yummy :) Poor earless bunny ... is a bunny still a bunny without ears? does he have a little round fluffy tail? And yes, fur counts. I looked it up and fur is scientifically identical to hair :) So you will note I had lots of fur on my post. Okay and now you have a chicken with big bunny ears ... Baumhaus Verlag
must lead a very confusing life :) Fun post, Iris and yummy food :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

My name is Erika. said...

Thanks so much for joining us for Neet's challenge too. I'm glad you did. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How incredibly clever, Iris. I love the bunny with no ears and lots of fur, It's a perfect entry for Neet's theme at Art Journal Journey, too.

Amypie71 said...

I think by the looks of it we have exactly the same pan.

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Iris! Your no-ear bunny and big-eared chick are really cute. I have not tried an induction cookstove yet. We have an electric range and that suits me just fine. I like eggs done all kinds of ways. They are such a versatile food. I hope you have a great week ahead of you. Take care!

Iris Flavia said...

Neet, no ear bunny says thank you :-) And, as he has harms: hugs! xx

___

Soma, yes!

____

Andrea, here you by now get loads of opots and pans for induction.
And yes, ths yolk has to run :-)

Yupp, his tail is round - and in the chicken he found a friend! Then both hairy :-)

____

Erika, it´s fun to join! hugs!

____

Elizabeth, the little guy lives here since... oh, forever :-)

_____

Amy, I love this pan... a bit, still a bit complicated to get it running...

____

Fundy Blue, both say thank you and sorry for being so late! To eggs, too!