And with this I join Elizabeth´s T-Day, hello Bleubeard!
I think this might be VERY sweet sparkling wine, so I only took a pic (does it still count?):
Monday: Never again that chicken Ingo made, it is a mega-dishwashing, all oliy, eeeek.
Next life I have a dishwasher!
Admin J tried to fix a problem and murmured, frustrated, "1000 times zipped".
I said (too fast again), "thank you, now I have THAT song in my ear!"
Teamleader N (MS-teams-meeting): "Klaus Lage, all day long! 🤣"
It´s an old song, German: "1000 Mal berührt"... a story about a man who remembers his kindy-girlfriend. They played together and hence touched "a thousand times" and only as adults fell in love. And didn´t dare to, afraid to destroy the innocent friendship.
But one night...
Tuesday: To-be-teamleader C invited for a meeting.
In another meeting (all those teams-meetings!!!) teamleader N asked back if C is sure to invite to a meeting from 2:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. We would need to be very quick, only 60 seconds... 😉
Darn it, I can´t help it but immediately blared out, "59!" - German word for that is "Klugscheißer"! (someone who always knows better) - we had a good laugh, all three of us.
Later Teamleader N and I chatted about how to meet come Saturday for Alstom family-day. It was FUN!
You see why I love this job?
Later: balcony-time!
Wednesday: Meetings, meetings, I skipped the last one (Teamleader N said I don´t need to join - I start 06:00 am and it starts 04:00 p.m.and mostly I only say "hi " and "bye".)
I juggled numbers till I could no more and then:
Off to the balcony!!!
Later rain, thunder and lighting, sooooo nice!
Thursday: I suddenly could not save the Master-document (DML).
The one that another person recently saved local, put it up three weeks later and destroyed all our work - Germany and Spain!
In despair contacted the admin, he had no clue.
Suddenly Teamleader N came to me via Teams, "do you just destroy the DML? 😉"
By golly. Admin tried to get help, he told me, and asked N.
Here´s the solution in case that happens to you, also - check if OneDrive is still working, I saw by chance it´s on red.
Never gets boring!
Too cold for balcony, so, with the BOSE on cleaned the private workspace etc.
Friday: "DER Erste..." colleague A wanted to help with the OneDrive and some Excel-problems, e.g. when a document is in French and English I declare it as FRA/EN and stupid Excel makes Frau/EN from that! (Frau - woman) I´m not against women, but...
With DML he really said "du bist immer der Erste, der das öffnet" (you are always the first to open it) - I am officially a man, LOL.
Again! (Female would be die Erste)
Luckily later I got what was meant with "I do this with Israel" - that´s a guy from Spain, I talked to him already, phew, no dumb question from my side, hence!
Me to colleague A: "See you on Saturday?" - him: "you work on Saturdays?!!!!!"
LOL, it was to be Alstom family day ;-)
Ingo came home with... watercolor pencils for me
Oh, boy..
It looks so great when still wet, but dried... alas...
Bare with me, I watched two youtube-videos and this is my very first try.
Pic taken on our balcony.
Ingo suggested to add pencil, so here goes (help is welcome!):
💙💛 - go, Ukraine!!! We heard good news yesterday, they got pieces of land back!!
Weekend:
Saturday: On my rant on Christmas stuff being on sale now already CJ came up with the wonderful word creation the title is from, "Merry Thanksgivoween" - wish I was that creative, it sure hits the point!!
Football is on TV - in American Football it´s called "rivals", in soccer "Gegner", "enemy".
See, that´s why I prefer Football!
It´s only the second year we get American Footy on TV, hence we are super-happy!!!
Food-wise:
And I don´t have to throw away food.
Henry 🦁
Please, stay a bit still!














30 comments:
I remember when my daughter had watercolour pencils, but I don't remember why they were better or different.
I would be in a huge panic if I lost a major online document, I have no idea about fixing things or getting them back.
Funny you - I was near to a heart attack!
Well, no. I just couldn´t save my work, but heck, after the drama the other person caused, huiiii....
Teamleader knew I´m not that dumb and hence put a 😉 after the message. Phew.
I was almost in tears when there was a sudden power blackout and what I was working on disappeared because I forgot to save the file. I have to start all over again.
Yes, and I was afraid I might overwrite the work of others in addition!!! Ahhhhh....
My left hand by now automatically every couple of minutes hits STRG and C.
That´s my Dead Man Switch, LOL!
...Iirs, Alstom seems to be a good fit for you!
Love all your art Iris! Aaahh salami... i love salami . I used to eat all the time as a kid and young adult.. now i avoid.. Happy T day! Hugs! deb
I deal with Excel regularly enough that I'm used to it, but if I stopped using it for a few months I'd have issues.
So glad you figured out the saving issue, Iris - that would have been even more frustrating if you couldn't. One Drive and me have some trust issues for sure.
So fun you get American football there. Around our area where we live, it is all about peewee (small kids), high school and college football. So much of it that it is overwelming. I had two games to go to on Saturday for 5-7 year old grandsons and you would have thought we were at a college game with the amount of people and cheering. It was fun but hot and all the food was so expensive and not that great. The boys all felt like football stars so it was worth it.
Your work always sounds so interesting. I have tons of meetings too on MS Teams. Sometimes a few too many - today I have three meetings scheduled at the same time at 1:00PM - had to think hard on which one to attend....
Love your journal artwork - all so fun and so good. I am the dishwasher here too.
On the watercolors. I think something to try is another layer of color where you want it darker but you probably want to ask one of the others as I just play and have no real knowledge of how it should work - lol.
Happy T-day and many hugz
To, so yes!!!
____
deb, oh, I (thank you and) could never let go of salami! Hugs from a sad food ;-)
____
William, Excel and I won´t become friends...
____
Nancy, yes, trust issues brings it to the point, LOL!
Yes, so fun, we also get your college football!
5-7 year olds, ohhhh, cute, can you share pics sometime?
What I think is better here in Germany: You have no marching bands but rock songs!
Yes, too many meetings and then count in the peeps who call you just like that on top! Hilarious!
And our neighbor thinks I must feel lonely, LOL.
Hello dishwasher!
I take any watercolor-advise I can get! I work with crayons, but also have "paint". Sad it#´s getting dark so early now, makes it more complicated (I do have a daylight lamp, but.... not the same!
Hugz and to a great week!
Fabulous and so glad to see you are still getting balcony time! The weather here has been sunny too and I love American Football too, it's such fun to watch 😊. We've only get Super bowl on TV here but we've been lucky enough to see some games live when we visited America. Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x
What a fun and interesting work week you had. I can't take credit for Merry Thanksgivoween. I saw it in a cartoon several years ago. Happy T Day
Jo, I think summer said good-bye today, buhuuu (but, who knows!)
Cool you saw games live!!!!
We get college Fotty now! Maybe you get Pro7 or Pro7Maxx?
Either way, happy T-Day, hugs!
____
CJ, oh, you are like me, LOL!
Thank you then for passing the cartoon on!!
I hate that summer is starting to wind down. It is supposed to be hot on the weekend so I will be out on the deck again.
As always, I love reading your calendar. Really cute drawings and fun to read what you put in the drawings.
I've tried to avoid meetings where I last worked by doing most of my work with either the second or third shift workers. Sadly, you don't have that option.
I have watercolor pencils, but I've never really cared for them. Looks like you are on your way to mastering them.
I would like a sweet sparkling wine, and a photo still counts. Thanks for sharing your calendar, your work, and your sparkling wine with us for T this Tuesday. Bleubeard gives the wine two paws up!
RedPat, fingers and toes crossed for summer!
____
Elizabeth, two paws up! :-)
The teams meetings aren´t bad - when I have something to add, too!
Other you sit by yourself in silence all day long...
Hi Iris, love your journal/art this week. Your watercolour flower looks great. What kind of pencils did you get? I hae the Faber Castell onesv (Albrech Durer) because they were recommended to me and also because the colours match all my other FC stuff. Love the kitty on the wine label too. Merry Thanksgivoween is great haha. We had xmas stuff in the shops in August. August!! Good grief! We have lots of rain, in fact I think we have other people's rain and they need to come take it back because we have more than enough of our own lol. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx
Mir gefällt dein Wasserfarbenbild, und ja, es ist eine gute Idee zusätzlich Buntstifte zu benutzen. Wasserfarben verblassen doch immer ein bisschen, wenn sie trocknen.
Ich frage mich, ob das Naschkätzchen das gleiche ist wie die Bellini (Pfirsich und Sekt) und Pompelini (Grapefruit und Sekt) Getränke, die ich hier bei Trader Joe's kaufen kann. Sie kommen aus Deutschland, ist also gut möglich.
Ich mag American Football überhaupt nicht. "Richtiger" Fußball ist mir lieber, vor allem der Frauenfußball. "Gegner" ist übrigens nicht "enemy" im Englischen, sondern "opponent". "enemy" ist "Feind" - und das wäre wirklich schlimm. Und die Rivalitäten hier in USA im Sport sind furchtbar. Sportsgeist gibt es hier so gut wie nicht. Das ist zumindest meine Erfahrung aus über 20 Jahren in diesem Land.
I love my watercolour pencils. I hope you get to enjoy them as well :)
"Merry Thanksgivoween" I like it.
I bought a pack of Christmas cards earlier this week !!!
All the best Jan
We have all the holidays all the time! I saw a lot of candy in the store today -- I guess it's early for Halloween and you are supposed to buy it, eat it, and then buy more. I resisted. I would definitely eat it during the next 6 weeks before the trick-or-treaters show up! I definitely have no plans for Thanksgiving yet.
best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com
Your watercolor sunflowers are great Iris. Happy T Day.
Merry Thanksgivoween is perfect. I'm not ready to see decorations in stores yet but I am, like it or not!
I've been more or less offline for the past couple of weeks. I'll never catch up with you, but hopefully I can keep up!
YOu have a great variety of images in your journal pages. I always have fun looking at them!
My hubby loves football and we watch it several times a week and all weekend. I don't really enjoy it, but I follow along to support him.
Cheese and salami-YUM!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
The frog made me life
Coffee is on and stay safe
Hi Elle, thank you :-) Ingo got me "Giorgione - ART GRIP-AQUARELLE" with 72 colors! Way too much for a beginner...
So you mix water- with non-water-colors? So much to learn!
Who knows hw long the poor Christmas Trees already sat in the store... crazy.
I would love to come over and take some rain from you! Here its´just grey, grey, grey...
____
Carola, aha! Also verblassen die Farben worklich!!! Hab ich mir nicht eongebildet - danke für den Tipp!
Hmmm, mit dem Getränk keine Ahnung, das ist mir zu süß ;-)
"Opponent", danke! Das hier manchmal nötige Polizeiaufgebot lässt manchmal auf "Feind" schließen... "Gegen" Hannover ist besonders schlimm, so viele Hooligans (wir wohnen in Station-Nähe).
Was? Kein Sportgeist?!
In Fußball ist Orange ja der "Endgegner", Polizeo ohne Ende - das war das erste mal dass private Security da war (niemals Polizei bei Football).
Nur die blieben nach der Pause, die das Spiel sehen wollten, denn die Fans stehen friedlich am Tresen und trinken ein Bier.
Oder Hamburg... meine Mutter war mit und schnackte mit den Fischköppen in der Pause :-)
Krass, das mit dem mangelnden Sportsgeist bei "euch".
____
Margaret, I need pratice! Any help is welcome :-)
____
Jan, really! It´s September! ;-)
____
Mae, it´s crazy, we have Christmas cookies already. And darn it, I like them, but won´t buy them. Nope! Other I´ll roll into Christmas ;-)
Sadly we don´t celebrate Thanksgiving here.
____
Sharon, thank you!
____
Jeanie, no worries, blogging is all about but fun :-)
And... I try to ignore the Christmas stuff. It even overrules Halloween!
____
Kate, thank you, the journal is fun to make, especially when I know others like it :-)
Glad Ingo does not like soccer - I would not be able to support him! Thumbs up for you!
Ingo loves Football as well, so all good here.
Yes, nothing over cheese and salami - or grapes!
____
Dora, the frog says you´re welcome :-)
Your drawings in your diary are super fun again. I can imagine that later when you are old you look at it with great pleasure and remember the way it was
LOL, I think I AM old ;-)
No idea, does one keep these journals?
Maybe good idea! Thank you!
I know I left a comment yesterday but don't see it. Maybe it got stuck in the spam filter :(
Anyway, if you happen to see this one... Happy T Day! :)
Darn it - I have no spam filter!!!
I really tried to find it, but I have none (and blogger sure does not answer questions!)
Iris, yes, I mix everything! Try using the polychromos over the top of the watercolour pencils, or if you have FC Pitt artist pens, you can use them too.
Post a Comment