Friday, September 02, 2022

FFO - Moooooo#2 - Meet Catrina

 
 
Picking up from Moooooo#1 here - but actually, since you don´t see the face, and I´m joining Nicole´s  FFO, how about this:


This is what Ingo´s scanner made of it, here is a pic - not sure what I like better?


This was a can of Salt & Lime Lager and I kept the can for pencils and stuff.
Does it count as face? 
Thanks to Jackie this skull is named Catrina- joining me at work!


Henry 🦁


Death is part of life, right.
I sure do know. As most of us.

So... to life!!
 
 
 
September, but still warm, maybe another ice-cream might be in - it´s salted butter-caramel, not too sweet!



29 comments:

At Home In New Zealand said...

Your pencil holder would give me nightmares! :))

Lisca said...

Yumm! I love salted caramel!
Yes, that counts as a face. It’s quite a fun pen holder.
Beautiful photo of young Henry.
Have a great weekend. I hope the weather holds. Here in England it’s starting to rain ( just as we arrived on the camp site) It’s called Sod’s Law!
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Iris Flavia said...

Margaret, sorry ;-)
But actually I love.. like the way Mexican people handle death.
I have a book, "how death came into the world" by Sylvia Schopf (German) - it helped my Teamleader T when his girlfriend was about to go due to cancer.
Quite interesting. And... many opinions/ways to go with this.

____

Lisca, reckon I´ll head to the city tomorrow for an ice cream - sorry about your rain in that situation!
Hope you don´t stay in a tent?!
So you are on a holiday? Pics, please, if rainy! Hugs and to a lovely weekend!

William Kendall said...

I've got a container of salted caramel ice cream in my freezer at the moment.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh! Lucky you!!! You can buy that in a store?!

Tom said...

...spooky face, getting ready for Halloween early?

Iris Flavia said...

Nope, have had it since... ? Spring :-)

sirkkis said...

Thank you Iris a big smile 😀 Your post is pure joy.
Happy September my friend 😘

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love your drawing and really think it's perfect for FFO. Your salted caramel ice cream sounds wonderful. I've never had it.

mamapez5 said...

Salted butter caramel ice-cream sounds delicious.
I have to admit I am not a fan of the soda can make-over, though it definitely does count as a face! I was sad to see Halloween projects taking over most of the craft pages I follow, so early this year. I am still in sunshine, and happy faces mode. But to each his own ...
Have a good week. Kate x

Gene Black said...

Iris mentioned the Mexican people. I have been in Mexico for "Day of the Dead" and it is very respectful while still fun.
I like your pen holder.

CJ Kennedy said...

The can face should be saying Booo! (like scary ghost noises) Your gelato looks sooo good!

Nancy Chan said...

Italian ice-cream sounds great especially when it is not too sweet. Have a great weekend.

Christine said...

Nice work

DVArtist said...

You know how much I like cows but I really like the pencil holder. Very nice indeed. I have been craving ice cream. Would love a cone of the Italian ice cream. Thank you for joining Friday Face OFF. Have a great day, Iris.

Jeanie said...

I think I like what you did with the can better than I'd like the salt and lime lager!

LA Paylor said...

Ice cream usually helps anything!!! love that flavor

Cloudia said...

Good play on the mean. Thank you!

gigi-hawaii said...

Nice looking cow! I love Gelato. Yum. Gigi hawaii

RedPat said...

That would be my choice of ice cream flavour too. I like your pen holder - I have a bunch of Day of the Dead things from Mexico.

Carola Bartz said...

Eis von der Eisdiele - weißt du, wie sehr ich richtig gute Eisdielen vermisse? Als wir in Deutschland waren, haben wir uns in puncto Eis gut durchgeschleckt.
Deine Kuh ist klasse - trotz anderer Farbe erinnert sie mich an die Milkakuh, liegt wahrscheinlich an dem Schriftzug.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

You should not have mentioned Icecream Lol! that did it I've just had chocolate flavour, very nice. Of course you can never have enough pen holders and that looks like a great idea. Happy weekend, Angela xXx

Spare Parts and Pics said...

The ice cream cone looks delicious! I think I like the deep blue version... very moody and mysterious!

River said...

I have seen salted caramel ice cream in the supermarkets freezer sections, I think I'll buy some to try it this summer. I like your skull can drawing and the scanner version.
"Someone" arrived here yesterday, I emailed you. The redheaded dolls have named him Cookie. Thank you, we love him :)

Iris Flavia said...

sirkkis, thank you - always glad to make someone happy - to a great September!

____

Elizabeth, thank you and the ice-cream is soooo yummy!

____

Kate, it´s not about Halloween (we also hardly have it here in Germany) - it´s about how the Mexican people handle death.
They celebreate the life they had with them - a better way to handle, abetter way to mourn together, I think.
The sun is shining and maybe another ice-cream is in! x

____

Gene, it must be something to be there for real!

____

CJ, Boooo :-) And to ice-cream!!

____

Nancy, yes, not too sweet - to a great weekend, maybe still a bit summerly!

____

Christine, thank you.

____

Nicole, thank you, I know you like faces like that. Can you believe it, I was in Mexico and never attended such an event - as Gene suggests you are allowed to!

____

Jeanie, it was nothing special, I don´t even remember the taste! But I enjoy the can sitting at my work place!

____

LA Paylor, yes, this one and cinnamon, hmmmm...

____

Cloudia, no idea if they are mean. That´s the Mexican way to deal with the lost ones, I only saw it on TV, sadly.

____

gigi, thank you and to yum!

____

RedPat, would you like to share your Mexican art? I only saw a dcu on TV...

____

Angela, to summer and ice-cream! xXx

____

Spare Parts and Pics, yes, the scanner is doing a good job!

____

River, dangerous with that ice-cream, LOL
The scanner did a cool job, one kinda sees the lost ones...
And yay to Cookie having arrived, sweet name for a pirate-bear!

My name is Erika. said...

Great faces Iris. Sorry I am a bit late to comment. The one on the black paper started out spooky and then ended up so not spooky. Smile. Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your Mooo is learning that the green grass of life is limited ... she seems blissfully unaware :) As for your can ... don't know which to choose either. I looked back and forth several times and have decided I like them both equally as well in spite of their differences. Love your little lion cub, again demonstrating that there is a limit to the light side of life and Yes, thank you, I will would love a Salted Caramel Gelato ... Lovely post, Iris :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

love the milk cow. :) And the scary pencil bottle :)

Fundy Blue said...

The pencil holder is definitely scary. And you've definitely made me crave some Italian ice cream. Have a great weekend, Iris!