Last days of summer - time to enjoy hearing kids laughing and playing in neighbor´s garden, don´t you think?
Hence this is for Annie´s Friday Smiles- or... not.
Certainly the death of a person is always sad and the Queen sure was a personality.
Fun, strong, gentle, great sense of humor.
And, as I see it... it was her way of leaving!
Working in the beginning of the week and leaving at the end - in dignity, like a Queen should do.
I saw both my parents suffering over weeks and weeks and weeks...
I saw Ingo that way, too, but he made it back to life.
When my time comes I want it quick, too.
So... farewell.
Would she have even wanted people crying over her? She had a long life.
Exhausting but I bet fun at times, too.
Maybe a good one.
And maybe she meets laughing kids, if she goes somewhere (my Brother believes in this).
For Nicole´s FFO...
I was going yes, no... publish?
It´s summer, we think of heat and Hawaii, maybe, so here goes, this was tricky for me...
Magnum... I just had trouble with him, but Higgie came out OK, I think.
In the background you find Rick and TC.
It´s dark now when I get up at 05:00 am. So sad.
But what does our city guy say?
Henry 🦁



22 comments:
Your drawing is much better than what I could do. We still have dark at 5am, but not for much longer and now it is still daylight at 5pm too. But the weather is cold, windy, rainy. And we are sad because Queen Elizabeth has died, aged 96. Now we have King Charles.
I really didn´t expect him to ever become King. I really thought one of his Sons would take over.
Sad the sweet lady is gone, but, as said, better quick and in dignity as, like my parents, suffering for long.
I saw "things" with my parents and Ingo I just want to forget.
And I want to do it the Queen´s way, too, one day.
Working on Monday and BOOM, gone by the end of the week.
I think she was thankful?
I love to hear the sound of children playing and laughing. Very comforting. Nice view from your balcony.
Thank you, to summer!
Nice to see your balcony and Peanut. I am saddened that the Queen has died.
Charles has been chomping at the bit to be king for 70 years. NOTHING was going to deny him that right and rite. Like you, it would be nice of William was king, but Charles will not give up the throne now that it is his.
...kids are the same regardless of what language they speek. Iris enjoy your remaining days of summer.
Elizabeth, hopefully more balcony-time!
Yes, well, let´s see how Charles will do...
Big shoes he has to fill.
____
Tom, I think they are German, but I didn´t understand a word ;-)
Well, 19C, I think either jumper or staying inside cleaning up!
Interestingly having read what you said earlier my grandmother always used to say that Charles would never be king but maybe she's got it wrong, We'll see. I agree she was lucky to go as she did, my own father was not so lucky. Have a good weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx
Thank you Iris for the joyful video. I have been sad after hearing the death of Queen. She was an extra ordinary person in her extra ordinary life through the so roaring world for the past years especially wartimes.
Your drawing is really good and I love your nice chatting all over 🥰
Happy weekend 💚🌺🤸
I love to hear kids playing. Good job for FFO glad you shared it. May the Queen rest in peace I want to go quickly too. Finally Charles is king.
Like it or not, William was never going to be king before his father, Charles. The monarchy is a very traditional institution and the Crown was not going to break with tradition. Queen Elizabeth never planned that her son, Charles would not be king. The line of succession to continue is what the Queen wanted. She even made it very clear that Camilla, Charles' wife, is to be styled Queen Consort. A great lady has passed. One of the last of that generation. I wonder who will take care of her corgis?
The death of Queen Elizabeth certainly affected most of the world. She was a great lady.
I love the caricature of Tom Selleck. I recognized them both immediately before I saw the words.
Angela, Charles just does not have "the spirit" his mother had...
Yes, to a quick good-bye, but not right now ;-) xXx
____
sirkkis, we need some joy with Autumn arriving, I thought - and a lille breeze from Hawaii 🌴🌴🌴
____
Christine, yes, to all of this!
____
CJ, yes, it was supposed to be with Charles. But I reckon the shoes are wa too big for him and many have a hard time to accept him.
____
Gene, yes, she was charming and funny, the Queen.
Thank you, it was hard to sketch... not one I am proud of...
The laughter of children is a blessing. Music to fill the air. I love your drawing and thank you for joining in for Friday Face OFF. It will be interesting to see the dynamic now that the Queen has passed. Have a great day today, Iris.
A good likeness of Magnum and Higgie. I like your comments about the queen. Well said!
It is good that you keep drawing, Iris.
It is still warm here but I hate that the days are getting shorter.
Yes, Hawaii is Paradise. Good drawing of Magnum and the cast. I wept when the Queen died. She was a great lady. Gigi hawaii
I think you drawing is great-you are really good at this-hugs I agree with your thoughts about the Queen's passing-she was a special lady
Nicole, yes, the laughter is a joy indeed - mostly the years before it was yelling, this is why I happily took the scene :-)
Yes, let´s see what the King does! He may not be loved, but may have good ideas.
____
Spare Parts and Pics, thanks for both.
____
RedPat, no idea if this is a compliment - Ingo asked why I published this, LOL!
Yes, winter/the dark half of the year is on it´s way again...
____
gigi, yes, it must be paradise (mostly) where you live!
All we can afford is Toast Hawaii - very yummy :-)
Yes, she was some great lady.
____
Kathy, oh! Ingo thought it was a bad sketch! (And I think so, too)
Yes, the Queen was special. Let´s see what her Son changes.
It was a sad day when our beloved Queen died, she was a very special lady and will be missed.
----
I like the sound of children playing.
All the best Jan
Yes, she was on some TV-channels all day.
Mostly with a smile on her face.
Children being outside is way better than them being inside on devices all the time, fresh air is good for all of us.
Post a Comment