Sunday, September 18, 2022

Emil Retires

 
 
IKEA named this kid´s chair "Emil", and I never knew it was a kid´s chair.
Poor fella took my weight all those years until Ingo got mad cause I said all the time, "my back hurts".

So yesterday....  we checked out chairs and bought and built this one:


I do know Ingo is right. But Emil... he was with me through all those years, first at my private PCs then at my work PCs, Siemens, Alstom...


Ingo had to adjust this one for small people.
I bet Emil laughed.


Well, reckon we´ll get along, huh - this one, in German a male, shows me when work day is done!

"Granpa...?


He´s showing off the tomatoes Ingo bought - local - "Regional", of course!
 
And also...
 
 
No, Emil. Ingo put the ladder away and needs to change a bulb.
See..
 
 
Yes. No more kiddy-weight, now you have to take a man!

So much for retirement! 🥰

Henry 🦁


We´ll live side by side, promised.
 



11 comments:

Ingo said...

I remember the time when Iris moved to Braunschweig. She need a working desk and a chair and so I build them up. Emil still looks "untouched", but the desk is more or less "wrecked"! Now Emil is retired and if you touch him and be very quite you can listen the stories of the last 20+ years;-)

Iris Flavia said...

Emil blushes a bit ;-)

William Kendall said...

Ergonomic chairs really are better for office work.

Iris Flavia said...

Bahhh. Emil is sad!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I love your new chair Iris. Emil looks cute, but your new chair will be better for working I am sure. You spend so much time there you might as well be comfy. Enjoy it tomorrow when the new work week begins. Hope all is well. I am home now so I should be around more frequently. Hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...I need a comfortable desk chair too. This one looks great.

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, yes, you all are right (bur I hear Emil crying)..
Hugs from all of us ;-)

____

Tom, I know... but, bu-huuu...

RedPat said...

Your new chair looks quite comfortable.

Iris Flavia said...

Hope I don´t fall asleep in a boring meeting ;-)

River said...

I'm glad Emil is just retired and not broken, he will be useful for other things. I like the new chair.

Jeanie said...

I sometimes wonder if my back problems are exacerbated by a bad chair. Mine is a hard-backed chair, a little different than Emil but far more similar to that than a really good desk chair. It looks great and I hope it helps.