Tuesday, September 06, 2022

T STands For FruiT Love

 
For Elizabeth´s T-Day, hmmm, a taste of the Caribbean!
If we cannot travel, we can drink it, right?

And if you care for the journal again - ...


Monday: Only one meeting and I got to know colleague A much better, he just came back from a holiday in Greece. J was nice.
Got Ingo´s bread and to buy postcards went to the most dangerous shop in town, and, alas, came home with three Braunschweig-books!
 

Guess the pic for the first  story - can you believe it... a Braunschweig-Panto!!
The whole book is about people the author met in the tram.
 

Had a salted-butter-caramel-ice-cream from our Italians as dinner on the way back home. 🍧
 
It was warm, mini-skirt and t-shirt - who knows how long I can enjoy this still...
I know. I am to be thankful for this wonderful summer. I am.
 

Tuesday: I kinda made friends with the EHD (Enterprise Help Desk) in India.
I think it´s a woman, either way, second person caring - good!
Admin updated the ticket and I got the info from India via MS teams on top - and I know the weather is good there 🌞
Also I said to Admin, please make a meeting concerning this subject - sssst. Meeting when Teamleader is back.
 
Just to explain: I´m the only woman, yet, when I make sense people do what I ask for  in an instant, or should I say "men"? I ´m no woman, I´m a team member, that´s all and good!
 
Another warm day (not hot). 
City and book on balcony.
Found out I have a date with ESE (the company that hired me) come 12th...  mini-panic-mode...


 

 Well, pic and sketch don´t match - I have fruit every summer day!
 
Wednesday: Effective work and BALCONY-TIME!
Doodling, reading.
 


Thursday: Three smiles I gathered on the the way.
Strangers, giving them for free, maybe once I was the first one.Balcony time - BOOK!


Friday: Reminder of my date on 12th, PANIC, will I loose my job?
 
 

Weekend: Saturday - Ingo brings in snail-mail. From the company that hired me. Job lost?
See here, if you like - in short, date to come, but chances are good I keep it.
Off to the city, Ferris wheel again, too windy for my liking.
Salted caramel-ice-cream. 

Ingo made a chicken. Lots of work. Not really worth it.
 
 
Sunday: Die Maus - "The Nacker"!
Ingo is so mean!!! If his "little" Brother knew what I know about him, uh-oh!
 
He as wee one put his finger in a Nutcracker, didn´t get the concept and hurt himself more and more. Everybody laughing till he cried.
They didn´t call it nutcracker, he said "Nacker" and when being nasty the parents threatened "The Nacker" will come, LOL.
What a mean family (it worked, though).
 
Read two more books, one about ice-cream - in Australia.

 
This one I found in the street - a children´s book, will give it to my Niece.
Was a fun read.

Art-wise...

 
... I am not!
If summer could only go on forever...
The bear is actually a backpack. For, well, kids. But I could not resist and took him home!
Years and years ago...

Henry 🦁

You saw me on the book cover, right?



23 comments:

River said...

I love the bear backpack. I am sure you will keep your job, perhaps the interview is to extend your contract, or make a permanent one.
I bought a tub of salted caramel ice cream and had a tiny bit for dessert, that stuff is so, so good! I could still taste salty caramel when I went to bed even after brushing my teeth.
I also bought a different one called "burnt butter caramel" ice cream, it is also nice but not as good as the salted caramel.
We have a beautiful sunny day here today, Tuesday, but it will rain again tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Carola Bartz said...

Ich hoffe wirklich, du behälst den Job, denn er scheint dir so gut zu gefallen. Es ist immer klasse, wenn man eine Arbeit hat, die einem wirklich gut gefällt. Das Buch klingt interessant - ich liebe solche Geschichten. Leute, die er in der Tram getroffen hat? Klingt gut. Hoffentlich habt ihr noch länger dieses schöne Sommerwetter, warm aber nicht heiß. Wir hatten heute 44 C, das ist echt zu viel, zumal wir keine Klimaanlage haben. Das ist für unsere Gegend nicht normal - aber ich will nicht klagen, denn bisher sind wir von diesen Killertemperaturen weitgehend diesen Sommer verschont geblieben, also werde ich es wohl ein paar Tage aushalten. Ich wünsche dir eine gute Woche!

Iris Flavia said...

River, the baer yawns a thank you :-)
My Alsom-teamleader said he´ss try to keep me for at least two years - if the project does not go down the drain, that is...
Aw! You make me want to go to the city for ice-cream (glad we don´t have that here in the supermarket!).
Cloudy here, and only 17C... But... still, to a great new week!

____

Carola, der Job ist... so-la-la, aber das team ist einfach klasse!
17C heute... gestern waren´s noch 28! 44 klingt toll! Sorry, bin Aussie-proofed, wir hatten damals auch keine AirCon, konnten aber die kleinen Autofenster vorn auf kipp stellen :-)

Auf eine gute Woche, hatte eben 2 1/2 Stunden ein Gespräch mit Alstom-Teamleuter - sieht gut aus!
Auf eine schöne Woche und schick gern Temperaturen rüber, der Sonnenschirm steht noch draußen!

nwilliams6 said...

Love your art, Iris - that bear is super cute and your journal fun to look at and see what you have been up to. Hoping good news on the job front. They are lucky to have you as you put all your energy and heart into what you do!

I understand the fear though - I got a message like that recently. I was pretty apprehenive. They announced I would be leaving my job and doing another job instead. It was a lateral move and the new job is a better one with lot less stress. So all worked outm and I hope good things come from your meeting too.

I need to eat more fruit too.

Happy T-day and hugz!

Iris Flavia said...

Nancy, thank you, I might be safe for a while - and yay to your new job, too!
And t fruit :-)
Hugz

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I misunderstood two days ago. I thought you had gotten the job already. I hope they see how valuable you are.

As always I love your calendar with the cute and adorable art. So glad summer is there for you, because I am ready for cooler weather here. Your teddy bear is adorable, too.

That chicken Ingo made was so clever. And I absolutely loved your Caribbean inspired fruit drink. Thanks for sharing your art, books, calendar, and fruit drink with us for T this Tuesday, Iris.

Iris Flavia said...

I do have the job, but with this every 6 months they can get rid of you, which is scary.
The Alstom-teamleader want to keep me - the other one left the other project without telling me, I learned this morning.

Thank you, it´s really just because of you I have the drinks and drawings! And thanks to Eileen the calendar...

Mae Travels said...

Orange juice is getting more expensive here because of problems in Florida like bugs and frosts. I hope the Caribbean countries that grow oranges can expand production... I love OJ!

Good luck with the job issues.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Isn´t this a crazy world.
Butter-prices explode over here, you can buy TP but sunflower-oil gets rare due to war in Ukraine.

Thank you, I hope chances are good with the job!

jinxxxygirl said...

NOOooo noooo no more Summer!!! lol We finally had some rain but the sun and heat will soak it up in no time.. Love your little teddy bear drawing Iris! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

My mother used to say, Don't borrow trouble! What you put into thought becoems real. Stop worrying whether you will lose your job. You're a valuable team member and get things done right. I love your Froschkönig, the portrait you painted and him on your balcony. I wish Summer could last forever or at least if we could have Spring/Summer weather for Winter instead of cold, snow, and ice. Happy T Day

Tom said...

...enjoy each of your summer days, sadly they won't last forever.

Iris Flavia said...

deb, please send the weather over here!
I think it´s one of the last warm days... warm, not hot, buhuuu...

____

CJ, I try to look into the future in a positive, optimistic way, but it´s hard.
Huh, the "portrait" was just a quickie, I a while ago had a real one (don´t ask me, when and if Tues- or Friday...

Yes, let´s skip Autumn and Winter, jump directly to Spring!

____

Tom, I know... not sunny today, but I´ll sit on the balcony for sure, if with jacket!

William Kendall said...

Meetings for me are relatively rare.

Iris Flavia said...

Here nearly daily as most work from home. And sit in different countries, also.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like the idea of a taste of the Caribbean when we can't go in person. Virtual travel :) That's the only kind I get these days lol

Happy T Tuesday!

Sami said...

I like your "doodles" very cute.
Karina is in Greece at the moment, 4 days with Thomas and his family. Enjoy the sunny warm days :)

RedPat said...

It was only 21˚C here and cloudy but I sat out on the deck and read with a sweatshirt on. I'm not ready to give up on summer yet.
I always enjoy your journal pages.

Anonymous said...

Hello Iris, I just got your postcard with the sheep today in my mail I Love it thank you and hugs from the lake

Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Iris, love your journal pages today, and I too wish that summer would hang around a bit longer, we have too much rain and not enough sun. Those cryptic messages are the worst very anxiety-inducing, but usually end up to be nothing to worry about. Love the big green frog! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

peppylady (Dora) said...

It been a while since I sketched.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Sharon Madson said...

Love your sleepy bear artwork. I am glad you love Summer so well. It is too hot for me, and I can't sit outside in it and eat fruit. But I can eat fruit inside. In fact, I had a smoothie today with frozen bananas, frozen cherries, yogurt and milk. So good! Happy T Day!

Iris Flavia said...

Divery and Sundry, yes, let´s drink the happiness :-)

____

Sami, oh, I wish them fun!
Still sad summer took a break when you were here and Henry was behind bars...

____

RedPat, the other day I needed a jumper, too, but yesterday was t-shirt-weather again!
Let´s see... I do not want to let go of summer...


____

Kathy, wow, that sheep was quick! Hugs :-)

____

Elle, too little rain here and yesterday even T-Shirt weather!
Let´s hope for some more summer days xx
____

Dora, it´s about time then :-)

____

Sharon, your smoothie sounds great! Sad you cannot enjoy the heat. But you found a way :-)