First of all. Can you believe it´s September already?
Die Maus kinda is joyful about it, so I try to follow her and see the positive.
I join Rain´s Thursday Art and Dinner Date: Mazes today, let´s start with "dinner", which is my lunch-break:
If you know me... I have to try new stuff (as long as it´s not seafood-related - sadly!!).
And yes, the company´s name is TULIP, irony, huh!
It´s a company from Denmark - maybe you know them, they sell world-wide and no, this is no ad - I was just curious about the name! Worked!
Well, if you don´t know this... it smells "funny". Not icky, but strange.
I got brown mushrooms...
Plus-side - no extra-fat needed. Takes quite long, though, to get crispy. Maybe due to little fat?
You can do some work meanwhile. The luxury of working from home!!
And do you like the new pan? red!!!!
Next:
Fresh chive from the balcony, good eggs, salt, pepper...
I really tried to flip it over but have no patience, so...
And it cooks itself, mostly!!!
Actually it IS yummy, the smell is a bit "irritating", that´s all.
Bacon and chicken sounds... strange.
You won´t make Oxtail soup from a pig´s tail, would you?
On to the arty thing: A maze. We went into one years ago, before I was sketching, so I have another maze for you but corn.
It´s a never ending one you find in cities - together with men and once I saw a beautiful blonde woman in the job, too, who gave me a big smile - they take control of this maze.
Oh a beautiful man once greeted me from high up on the truck, too 😘
So, here is to the maze-man:
Ingo liked especially the fish (bone).
Sadly at times you really find this chaos and these people take care of it - thank you!
YOU are not chicken! You clean up the city-maze.
Henry 🦁
To a good new month. Let´s start with baby-chicken-steps into Fall.
P.S. The German word is "Angsthase" - frightened bunny for the being chicken phrase.
It´s funny how once you adapt a word you don´t think of your native tongue anymore.
Happened several times that teamleader N and I sat via MS teams over a document and after minutes (!!!) one finds out - "hups! This isn´t German!" or - "This IS German already!"
To chicken!








24 comments:
Chicken bacon is a new thing. Next time in the supermarket, I will keep my eyes open to see if we have this here. I am also not good at flipping omelette in a frying pan.
I have heard of Turkey Bacon but not Chicken bacon. I haven't tried either one and don't think I would like them. I'm no good at flipping omelettes either, they end up looking more like scrambled eggs.
Nancy, if you try, let me know what you think, please!
___
River, it was a "have-to-try"-thing! As long as Ingo doesn´t look on, I do this ;-)
So omelette really is a chef-thing, I reckon!
Chicken Bacon just doesn't really sound right - I think you were brave in just trying it!
I wasn´t chicken ;-)
Chicken bacon sounds weird.
...I'm not chicken, but I often eat it!
William, it is!
____
Tom, me, also! As in breast.
Chicken bacon-hmmm. I guess thin strips of chicken would be good for a sandwich, and if you don't eat pork it would be good too. I haven't seen that before. Interesting. Have a Happy September Iris. hugs-Erika
Chicken bacon or turkey bacon is supposed to be healthier. But either way, it's Fake-on. On the first of the month one says Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit. And there are still 20 days left of Summer 💙
Very interesting post. Happy Thursday. I am at #8 on Rain's TAD linky
Much💖love
Well this is new to me. You find the most interesting foods. Have a nice day today.
I don't do bacon as a rule ... too fatty, but maybe chicken bacon :) As for omelets I think it must take practice to get it to fold over without falling apart, but, as long as the ingredients are all there, I am just as happy even if it looks messy when I am done. You make me smile, Iris. I think you must have much fun in your life :) Happy Days and I love fall so I am happy that we are getting so close to it :)
Andrea @ From the Sol
We will be positive together. Not in an enforced way, but in a joyful way! Thank you for sharing
As someone who doesn't like bacon that much anyway - I especially can't stand the smell - chicken bacon is not something I will try. In some stores I also saw turkey bacon - no thanks. I like your sketch of the Müllabfuhr, but sad that sometimes such a pile of trash is left by people. Happens here as well.
Erika, it is a bit weird. Chicken breats is better, though!
And I read a great book on the balcony today!
____
CJ, it was weird indeed. Still better than the vegan-stuff...
I didn´t know about the rabbit! Book on balcony today - Autumn can wait!
____
Gillena, thanks for popping in.
____
Nicole, I found more today, alas!
____
Andrea, just do it the way Jamie says: Your way, main thing it is yummy! :-)
Fall, oh, well, glad you like it! I´m a bit sad already...
____
Cloudia, to being positive - together makes it easier!
Your dish sounds good Iris. I tried a sausage bacon-wierd I know shaped like bacon but tastes like sausage-we weren't crazy about it. but never know til ya try it. happy thursday
So, if you did live with a cat, you would find that every time you sit down to do something, they will be right in the middle of it. If I am writing or drawing they are sitting on my page. If I am computing, they are walking on my keyboard and sending my computer into spasms ... etc., ect. ... Sorry your hubby doesn't want a cat, but that is okay too. We all have the right to choose how we live :)
Andrea @ From the Sol
I tried chicken bacon last winter and i was not impressed. We eventually ate it all but I would never buy it again. It never got crispy but rather became tough.
good for you trying chicken bacon, it looks good. Nice art.
We've got chicken bacon here, I haven't tried it though but there is also a product called chicken free chicken which doesn't make alot of sense to me.
Wow, August is just a blur it went by so quickly. Here's to a fresh new month!
Excellent Post And Happy September My Friends
Cheers
Kathy, so you fall for such things, too ;-)
____
Andrea, one day I will sneak a cat in here - and Ingo will love it!
Just not now. I would not have enough time and that would be unfair to the cat.
____
RedPat, you were not patient enough, it got a bit crispy. But I don´t know if I will repeat it, either!
____
Christine, thank you, to adventures, food-wise!
____
Amy, that vegan stuff... nah. Chicken free chicken sounds rather... I don´t wanna say anything mean.
____
Spare Parts and Pics - yes, let´s try and enjoy September. Oh, so hard to let summer go!
___
Padre, I try my best, dear friend.
Post a Comment