Sunday, September 11, 2022

Wanna Go On A Ride?

 
 
So yesterday we went to Salzgitter to meet Teamleader N and his girlfriend.
 
Whilst waiting Ingo started a chat with  the security guy, I joined in and got a name whom to ask in cases of bogie-questions! 👍
("A bogie (/ˈbɡi/ BOH-ghee) (in some senses called a truck in North American English) is a chassis or framework that carries a wheelset, attached to a vehicle—a modular subassembly of wheels and axles. Bogies take various forms in various modes of transport.")
 
OK...
 

 Or... would you prefer to join N´s girlfriend C? 
And kill the Dead Man?


At Siemens in my project for Durban (South Africa) I threw out the Dead Man Switch cause I thought it´s a joke - uuuuuhhhh, boy, no!!!

Tram Frankfurt calls it SIFA - Sicherheitsfahrschaltung.
The driver has to push a pedal periodically to prove he - or in this case she - did not fall asleep.
 
So glad we all met, cause...
 

 (C was a bit bored, LOL).
As you see, first stop was the museum, by golly, I am a small person, and see....


Now imagine as a tall man and with luggage... might be a problem, what if someone comes the other way?!

You need to go?



Up: lift the lid, down, flush.
Then, lay back, it´s ...


Are you...




 
Reckon the cooking is done when the lids are down.
This is the dishwasher, LOL. Aka... me.
More to come.
 
Henry 🦁


Somethin´ wrong with your feet or legs, son?

P.S. Still scary to see this date.



 


12 comments:

Tom said...

...if you were to visit here you would see the Alstom plant in Hornell, NY.

Iris Flavia said...

Cool!

RedPat said...

It is good that you met the teamleader.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Reminds me of an Agatha Christi movie with the train and dining car. Nice you got to visit with these new friends and team leader.

Iris Flavia said...

RedPat,yes, it was good indeed!

____

Elizabeth, more pics to come! It was an adventure, and yes, so glad it all worked out!!!

William Kendall said...

Definitely cramped quarters!

Iris Flavia said...

Nothing for tall people.

River said...

"Something wrong with your feet or legs son?" I love that! it made me laugh.
This was very interesting.

Iris Flavia said...

It just came to my mind, glad I could make you laugh :-)

Amypie71 said...

We don't have many of those little trucks here but I have seen 1 or 2, can't remember what we call them though (mind blank)

Jeanie said...

That looks like such fun. I'm so glad you got to meet your teamleader in person and have a fun day.

Iris Flavia said...

Amy, that truck doesn´t run anymore, just sits in the museum... sadly!

____

Jeanie, yes, so glad we got along as well in real life as online!