Monday, September 26, 2022

People Are People

 


I have a sad story for you. Happened this Saturday...

 

 
This song never gets old!!! Please listen, if you like. Not hear, listen...
 
I was at dm
Check out (no self check out).
We were in a queue.

No one wearing a mask, which is cool cause much more power against Corinna is... distance, right? 
 
I do know some of you think differently - please give me a chance and read till the end.
If you don´t have already you´ll end up having safety-glovies with you from now on....
 
This is the most powerful tool, distance and protection. And so simple!

So. A lady came up to the man in front of me and myself, asking if we wait in line.

Hello. Certainly we do!! He´d kept the proper distance to the person in front, as well, of course... (?).

And some still mistake this for "standing around somewhere", for crying out loud!

We have no markers on the floor no more, so many people forget.
Sometimes, when a store is full, I take a trolley/shopping cart, even if I need but one item, so I can make sure I have the proper distance from behind. 
I stand in front of "mine" and keep the distance to the front, too.
Too many people are too dumb to get this.

Anyhows!!!
 


This man in front of me at dm... he has a heart failure. He can not wear a mask. 
CAN NOT.

Once, he told me, a guy jammed his trolley into his back, insulting him for not wearing a mask.
Another time a man hit him on the back of his head!!! (DISTANCE, hello!)
He cried for help. The store-manager was on the hitter´s side.

Keep the distance!!!!!
A mask helps, too, yes, but DISTANCE is the key!

And yes, there are people who can not wear a mask!!!!

They cannot BREATHE under it! 

Oh, I can´t wait till they put the burden on us again.
People with glasses (like myself) staggering around half blind in the over-heated stores again and people feel safe and come NEAR.

We will have to live with this version of the flu, COVID.
It is a nasty version, yes, and life may change. Or has changed.

But we always have to keep in mind what is important and what is not. And that some cannot wear a mask.

All the kids - do you really want to have them wear one?
From which age on?

Comes in to me like from which age on a muslim girl has to hide her hair, or more.
 
People are people, maybe a song that never gets old!

Henry 🦁


I always was for keeping the distance, all my life.
You never know what a stranger spreads.

Ingo once helped someone up on the Christmas market.
The ambulance guys told him off big and said, "touch no one, go wash your hands NOW! This man is sick and contagious, we know him already!"

I ever since have those thin glovies in my bag, cause.. if help is needed I am there, but I wanna be safe.
 
Yes, two posts today, as I join Sami, just scroll down, you will also find the Birthday-Boy there 🧡 
And, please... play safe. But don´t hide your smile! If from afar...




13 comments:

Tom said...

...when we go into stores we still wear a mask. People are still getting sick.

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, but what about those who by health issues just can not?

CJ Kennedy said...

Those with health issues that cannot wear a mask are protected by the people who do wear masks, are vaccinated, and keep social distance.

My name is Erika. said...

That poor guy. The problem (I think at least) is so many people refused to wear masks even when they could wear a mask that the mask wearers went into their own rebellion. hopefully most people are getting vaccination to protect those who can't wear a mask. But we have people here who won't get vaccinated. I know there are those who have had reactions or can't get vaccinated. It seems the world is in such a sad state. If only people could come together about something. Happy new week, and thanks for the post Iris. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

CJ, problem is the dumbheads do not keep the distance!!! Nor do they wear a mask.

____

Erika, yes, I cannot get vaccinated, either, so distance is the key.
In real life you really cannot even admit it - they call you a rebel or such.
I keep my distance and so far (wait, let me knock on wood) all good.
To a happy new week - and a healthy one!

DVArtist said...

Yes, people are people and then there are assholes that call themselves people. I always wear gloves to the store or where ever. But, I wore a mask and gloves long before covid.

Iris Flavia said...

And always the distance, too!

The Padre said...

A Bummer From Every Avenue - Go Team Human

Cheers

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm hearing 6 feet distance isn't nearly the help we thought it was because the virus stays in the air long enough for us to be exposed by people who passed by there before. Masks. Masks work. I'm masked every time. Air circulation and air filtration is also key, and I wish we heard more about public places improving their efforts on that issue. Gloves are not anything I've done, and I also don't clean the groceries before I bring them into the house as infection from contact with surfaces isn't much of a thing, is it? I do wash my hands frequently and keep hand sanitizer around.

William Kendall said...

I'm still wearing masks as much as possible.

gigi-hawaii said...

Interesting post. David cannot breathe with a mask so he avoids wearing one. But I wear mine. Gigi hawaii

River said...

That's a good song!
I keep a distance as much as I can and go to the store early in the morning when there aren't many people shopping. If I have to go when it is busy I will wear a mask.

Jeanie said...

I love hearing about your working relationships and so happy they are going well. And the grandma story warmed my heart. I love hearing about the socks. The masking -- it's slacked off here and I wish it hadn't. Rick and I tend to wear them whenever we are in a crowd, not so much if it is a very small store. I'm still not super comfortable in restaurants. We expect a surge soon. I can't get my next vaccine till I'm off some medicines for two weeks, so being super careful.