Saturday, September 10, 2022

Ho-Ho-Ho

Time runs, pics are from last Saturday.
Ingo´d read there will be murals - in the making! - in Quarter Magni and we needed to go to the hardware-store, too.
 
As you see we were too early for the fountain!
 
And found no murals, sadly - were we too early for that as well?
 
 
We all still hope Ukraine makes it.
Makes it to freedom.
In the news they said more and more refugees come to Germany.
It will also get cold, soon...
 
 
For crying out loud. Does Put#n not hear the world turns against him (him, not the Russians).


Most of Braunschweig was destroyed in WWII, but Quarter Magni was luckily missed - please, if you haven´t, have a look at Sami´s descriptions and pics here.

 
... the window, Ingo is still quite fit 😍


And caring and romance does not end, I just got another pressie - more on that come Tuesday. Maybe with results - MAYBE.
 
The title?
As mentioned, we went to the hardware-store and I like really could not believe my eyes.


Call me old, but this is not right. 
Even Halloween-stuff would be too early, but Christmas???

Was Christmas not magical for you when you were a kid?
It started with the Advent-calendar on December 1st.

I am glad I am old, I got the magic.

I was happy to see this while I was enjoying another warm day on the balcony:
 
 
Henry 🦁

 
OK, kiddo. You have waaay to go then 🤣



18 comments:

River said...

Christmas trees already! So people can buy them before they get snowed in for the season?
I wish I could be picking peaches.
Cookie Bear waves hello :)
I will look at Sami's pics too.

Iris Flavia said...

Fake Christmas trees, they are - a shame...
And I doubt we´ll get snow. Last "white Christmas" was in my childhood, now it rather hits in February.
I could just watch the neighbor picking the peaches, sadly...
Hi back to Cookie Bear 😘, have fun at Sami´s!

Nancy Chan said...

Hello Iris. I wish I could peaches here. Christmas is 3 months away. That is way too early. Lol!

Iris Flavia said...

You don´t have peaches, Nancy?!
Crazy.
Yes, way too early. Poor kids loose all the magic.

Tom said...

...the miniature sunflowers are beauties. I haven't been shopping to much lately, so I haven't seen Christmas stuff for sale.

CJ Kennedy said...

Magniviertel looks lovely. You'll have to go again to try and find the murals. Needs restoration. 😺 Sehr spaß Here Halloween stuff was out in August. Along with adverts for pumpkin spice stuff. Hello! It's still Summer! If you want to buy Halloween decorations, they will be gone because like your area, Christmas stuff is out. Merry Thanksgivoween.

My name is Erika. said...

I always used to do an advent calendar too. Stores here are getting Christmas things out also. Even before I left on my trip 😩 good luck meeting your team. I hope you all get along Iris. I know. How different it is meeting people
Online and then for real. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you. Happy weekend too. Hugs -Erika

Charlotte (MotherOwl) said...

I also saw Christmas stuff in town some days ago and wrote about it here. Way too early! Peaches what a delish thing to pick, And I just love Magiviertel, Viele Herbstgrüße an Henry.

RedPat said...

Love the horn player up on the building.
Christmas decorations when I am still harvesting tomatoes seems wrong indeed.

lesh Stgermain said...

It is still too early for a ho-ho-ho:) Yes, Christmas is still magical to me - the whole atmosphere of it, and what happened once upon a time. Are you guys going o the Ukraine or you have a specific mission? Anyways, traveling mercies to you all!

Iris Flavia said...

Tom, yes, most shop online or not at all!

____

CJ, we will return for sure for the murals!
Yes, couldn´t pass the Spaß!

Thanksgivoween!!

I´ll take your word, if you don´t mind, great in the bad!!!

___

Erika, I made some for my Nieces - a lot of (fun) work. Never ever got a thank you or such and SIL kept me from seeing them so... sad as it is... no more.
At work we had the chocolate ones, I always let my colleagues take mine.

Meeting went... WELL!!! GOOD! thank you and hugs!

____

Charlotte, I´ll hop over in a sec, sad, isn´t it, to destroy the magic for kids like that...Henry gives Herbsgrüße back with a huge smile!

____

RedPat, the player is on the old church and also yells it´s not time for Christmas stuff yet!

____

lesh Stgermain, it´s way too dangerous to go to Ukraine.
Many come here to Germany for safety, it´s a shame they have to leave their home due to one sick man.
Let´s hope some still feel the magic come December!!

William Kendall said...

I hate Christmas, so you can imagine how that makes me feel.

Lowcarb team member said...

I have seen Christmas Cards for sale but no trees ...yet!

All the best Jan

Amypie71 said...

I hope Ukraine makes it as well, I don't think anyone expected them to kick up such a fight.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's always ironic to see Halloween, our Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations all sold at the same time. Stores used to wait till after Halloween to put out Christmas. No so anymore.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention, great that you honored Ukraine. Such a brave country and leader.

Iris Flavia said...

William, I SO can!
You get Christmas cookies and all!

____

Jan, ... yet!
It´s just about money and stupid people falling for it. Esp Spekulatuis - you can buy them now (do you have a low carb recipe?

____

Amy, yes, amazing. Everybody helps, musicians, doctor, people who never held a gun do fight!

____

Elizabeth, money rules. Poor kids today.
Yes, I SO MUCH hope Ukraine stands strong and "wins"!
They deserve it, they belong to Europe!

Jeanie said...

What a fun visit. (And yes, Christmas was magical to me as a kid -- and it still is!)