Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The soldier...

I didn´t find a proper title here - it´s not a post about war.
It´s more about how to react in a proper way.
I worked pretty well yesterday - maybe that´s why I got so incredibly hungry.
On my way home is a Burger King and - hey! They have mexican weeks, too - no need to go to Mc Donald´s and stand in a queue forever. I wanted some Mini Burritos.
While parking the car I saw a soldier standing alone behind his troops car, watching me.

I got out of my car, locked it, knew he was watching me all the time and kept looking in an another direction. I didnt´t want to provoke him or even encourage him - he was 25 if you go really high in age. More important - I have a boyfriend and am not interested in what so ever ;-)
He whistled after me - and in a very shy tone.

I felt bad not even having looked friendly at him then. When I came back he was gone - the troops car was still there.

You never know if you can look friendly or if this is misinterpreted as an invitation, which I surely didn´t want to give.

He was way too young (not so much from the appearance, though - and attractive, too) - and I think after all it was mean to ignore him. I never heard someone whisteling so shyly. I hope he didn´t feel too stupid...

No comments: