Thursday, November 22, 2007

Starved




She weighed 7.4 kg, was five years old, her name was Lea-Sophie - and she lived in Schwerin. In Germany!

I still cannot believe it.
Normal would be some 20kg. The autopsy revealed she also had signs of massive assault and battery signs.

The 23-year old mother and the 26-year old father had dogs, well fed. Dirty, but well fed. And a baby-boy. He was removed and given to another family, luckily.

You might think all this is awful, and it is. Even more awful is: They lived in an apartment building and the neighbours claimed they hadn´t realized what was going on. Want more?
A neighbour found her ... no - saw her crying on the stairway. She was too weak to get up the stairs. The father (or mother, I can´t recall that article) came and dragged her upstairs violently.
The neighbour did nothing at all. But told this the newspaper.
She is an elderly woman. Who probably has had kids herself.

The social assistance office and the youth welfare office claimed they had not seen what was going on either.
Even more unbelievable: The youth welfare office was informed about a former case of neglectation.

Only two weeks ago they had to follow a trade on this.

And they didn´t see anything???

I don´t know what had happened to poor british Maddie.

Lea-Sophie is over it. Poor girl.

The news say, "youth welfare offices criticized".

Criticized???

In what kind of a world do we live in???

"Why", says the sign above. And I cannot answer this. Can you? Can anyone?


So far I found no article in english. Either you believe me or you read the german one here.
Here now is a shorter article in english from EuroNews.



"Again", says this sign. What´s wrong in Germany??? People kill their kids here.

She must have pleaded for food, water, I can not understand this.

1 comment:

Red Dirt Mummy said...

This is heartbreaking. We had a similar thing here in Aust just a few weeks ago - a little girl living with her parents starved to death. She was 7 years old and weighed less than my 2yr old. To say the whole country was shocked would, I think, be an understatement.