Monday, March 23, 2015

Perth, 11/02 – In The Hands Of Neptune and Mermaids



As things are, it´s not always sunshine and unicorn when you go on holidays
Well, metaphorically spoken – sunshine there certainly was plenty!

At 9:00 Grace and Pat picked me up whilst Ingo left for Joondalup.

We on the other hand set off direction Janchep.

Not after they showed me around in their wonderful house and garden – a really beautiful home and that beautifully painted fence! The pool, the red door, plain awesome!
So-so sad I wasn´t feeling well and just could not force myself to take pics of that beautiful fence bending down and all... it´s awesome!

Last time I´ve been on that road north was 1999 and there was nothing.
Now there are construction sites, show houses, houses where people really live in, Shopping centers, kindergartens, schools, cafès and every thing, growing so darn fast!!!

We saw the lagoon (see first pic), which sadly wasn´t as wonderful as expected, still, awwww, the ocean, the seagulls, I sure missed that!

And by golly, Atlantis was our main thing to see – and, believe it or not, we did!

This...



... is not the real thing, though, yes, feel free to...



:-)

But here we go, this sure is the real one and Grace "forced" me into his hand, too ;-)



Despite the fact that the park wasn´t open yet! We just got in cause Grace had the guts to simply ask (and take me as an excuse (from Germany) - it worked!) Thank you, Grace!
The ranger let us in, telling us just a short while ago there was bush where we´re walking now, snakes, spiders and all and that they keep making it safe until opening in about two weeks time!

Not sooooo much to see (yet), but, hey, something to tell for sure huh?

And, as you all could see, mighty Neptune let me go after all!
Bye-bye!



We saw some more statues like this cutie:



Well, I´m curious what they make of it, so far I could not find any new info?

Sadly I did not realize the roads were winding like crazy and I ended up quite sick looking at Grace whilst chatting instead of on the road, dumb me, huh?

At the Marina...



...we ended up with lattes for lunch...

See Grace and Pat here, friends are (really!) welcome to my family-blog (and please let me know if you want to but get technical problems...).

... due to me again having difficulties with eating in the heat – thanks everybody we met so far for inviting us to everything – it should be the other way round, though, you give your time, car, gas and all already!

The Marina was beautiful, too, the boats, the seagulls, awww, what a life it must be to live there!

Thanks for showing me around, all the way up North I´d never gone by myself!

Back home I found staff had been in the cabin, new towels and all – the new management really tries to do their best, this sure never happened before.
I just wondered why the aircon was on???

Sadly the latte made it´s way out where it was not supposed to go, did I feel sick!

When Ingo called, though I told myself to get my s### together, ran (one never learns!) and got the bus last minute, and went to the city.
At first I thought, duuuuuuude, it was the 450, why does the driver take another route, oh, by golly, where will I end up now?“! But all was good, actually. I really hate having no sense of direction!

Why I stressed myself so much?
Well, for my Nieces, of course.

Despite saying she won´t anymore Mermaid Amelia had announced she´ll be on the Fringe, that´s why I had to.


I had a chat with a guy there having at first a hard time of thinking when I asked what "fringe" means - not normal, aha. My vocabulary sure grows :-)
That is normal, huh? ;-)



We found her in Pleasure Garden and despite the tank being rather small the kids had a blast high-fiving her and her friend, kissing her and getting splashed, getting explained how Mermaids live...









The kids???



Yes, big-kid Ingo got to high-five her, too :-)

I asked if she could say Hi to my Nieces in Germany, their names are Mia and Janne.
Must´ve been too loud or such she sadly said only hi. Hope Niece´ll love it anyways and take it all for real.



Ewww.... THAT is my voice?! Gack!

Managed to munch down a quarter of a foot from Subway.
Better that than nothing, though.

Another mural:



Our bunny...



Off to the train station and back home! Awwww, Perth!



Another day sped by way too fast!

5 comments:

Sami said...

Lovely to be able to see the photos of all you did around Perth. Wonderful that you got to see the Mermaids for your niece.

Sarah said...

I was so excited to read somewhere that Atlantis is going to be reopened again. I went there when I was about four, I think. It's so sad that it ended up covered in graffiti.

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you, Sami, yes, maybe Niece thinks it´s a real Mermaid :-)
Sarah, really, you´ve been there? What was there to see?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You look so tiny sitting on that huge hand Iris.. Was fun :)

Iris Flavia said...

Well, he was the first part of the Giants, kinda, no :-)
Thanks for taking me!