Sunday, February 10, 2019

My Life (According to...)



I'm so behind in telling and showing you what fab stuff we are allowed to see and be part of!
I'm still on Thursday.

I have to admit.... (don't tell)... I cannot read an QR-code.
So, in order to visit "Yianni Agisilaou: The Simpsons Taught Me Everything I Know", which I ordered online, I made a .pdf-file, put it on my SD in USB, went to the office and asked if they can print it.
Weeee....



Fringe is all over, LOL!

The manager looked... sorry. And said: "We're not allowed to put anything in our PC..." (and then) ... "aw, OK, you're German, I do trust there is no virus attached" and printed - and guess what????
No one asked for that stupid code, but my name!!!!!
Try that in Germany, rules, are rules there...



So to The Shoe Bar & Cafe we went.



And, guess what.
We were too late.
Haha, joke. We were among (!) the first ones and hence had to wait and time to have a look.

Have you ever wondered what shop assistants did say... 15 years ago when there was no one to serve?



Bliss for today's technology - yes or no?

Well, they put us in first row, but nothing bad happened.
Sad thing was: Us (not by choice) stupid Germans get everything translated which means the American quotes we had no idea of and the voices he copied so well we only knew from a DVD we could watch in the original...



It was fun but did not reach my expectations according to the title (remember: "The Simpsons Taught Me Everything I Know").

I had the worst nightmare, too!!! I was in Braunschweig Zoo, by myself and everything was different.
A very tall, mean, very aggressive lion with a huge mane growled at me.
and he could've jumped over the fence at any time.
Other animals, amongst wild dogs (I am afraid of even tamed dogs)roamed free and there was a young lion with them... at the exit.
Long story short:The mean lion scared me a couple of times but the young lion shielded me and saw me out. And he came back to say hello.

One guess Ingo had was this:



And NO. I am NOT homesick!!!
Are you when you are somewhere else?

7 comments:

Joan Elizabeth said...

I don't know how to read a QR code either and no I don't feel homesick when I am away somewhere.

magiceye said...

You must feel good when told that Germans are to be trusted blindly!
And yes after a while I do feel homesick when am elsewhere.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

There's no time to feel homesick Iris. Too much new stuff to see and do 😊 Maybe you miss your mango tree 😉 don't worry, T will be looking after it well for you ☺

Sami said...

I don't feel homesick when I'm travelling, although it's always nice to get back home to the familiar and to my comfortable bed.
Nice pics and story Iris.

William Kendall said...

The lion is quite colourful!

Iris Flavia said...

Joan, big yes to both.

magiceye, it does indeed feel kinda good. And I do think it must be nice to feel homesick.

Grace, I do trust T (even that's East-German, this was a joke).

Sami, the bed here is awful. It's so comphy Ingo sleeps a lot!

William, yes and frightening (in my dream).

Jeanie said...

What a great holiday and what fun. No, I'm not homesick although sometimes I miss Lizzie or if I'm not with Rick, him. But just them. Not being home.