Saturday, March 07, 2020

A Rough Start



(Eye: see this post, if you like)

My Brother contacted me.
He made some glasses for my FIL and something went wrong with the payment/taxes, if I can ask my MIL.

I did.
They are in Spain over winter, my "parents in law".
I used Facebook-chat (as MIL does to contact me) and let her know via WhatApp, too.

Seesh!!!! None of these services I got myself, but, hey, they help.

I also said Ingo is well and how are they doing?

Her answer?
"How are YOU doing, it´s important for me to know!"
Not even a WORD about her Son, like, "great he´s doing fine!" or such...



We had a rough start, MIL and I.
But on my Mum´s funeral - Ingo and I were not married yet, only together for, what, 21 (yes, only twenty-one) years...

... she said: "You don´t have your Mum no more. So I will fill in."

And she does.
The other day I said on her asking how I am doing that Ingo is "nasty" due to work issues, she never asked for details even, LOL (she knows we love each other, certainly).

It was a rough start, but now... I kinda have a person my Mum would be proud I "have".

How about your "in-Laws"?
My SIL ... hmmmm. well, different story, sadly...

And here is another. "Halt mich", "Hold me"...

He wrote this song for his wife he lost to cancer.
He is a Father.

           

18 comments:

Tom said...

...isn't it great to get stuck in the middle of things?

Iris Flavia said...

That´s a nice thought. The "middle".
But being stuck... I need to move on! Even if I don´t want to...

Valerie-Jael said...

Ja, manchmal muss man sich weiter bewegen, sonst klebt man fest. Dir einen schönen Tag, GlG, Valerie

Ella said...

My mother-in-law was a sweetheart …
but unfortunately she died in early December last year (you know that)
My mom died when I was 34 years old, and like your mother-in-law, she was always for me! But here I stop with this subject otherwise I start crying …
A very emotional song! Very beautiful!
By coincidence, yesterday I discovered Axel Rudi Pell. I cried last night ... SO BEAUTIFUL!
Have a great weekend!
A little BIG hug for you! 🤗

Iris Flavia said...

Ja, Valerie, immer weiter, sonst..

Iris Flavia said...

Ella, you are some funny Sweety, you have me in tears here with that song!
Hallelujah!

We have to be thankful for all the persons who were and are in our lives (thank you, too!).
BIG hugs from lille Braunschweig, Henry and me (Ingo: sick again, my life, huh).

Haddock said...

Like that picture of window with "there is love"

Bill said...

My wife's parents are not on speaking terms with her. Her father died 4 years ago and the mother is a horrible person. Shari became a scapegoat for everything and she was tired of it, so she cut the cords of the relationship back in 1991. They are the losers because they never seen their granddaughter since she was nine, she's 39 now.
I guess that's life, sometimes it can be sad but you have to move forward. Have a wonderful evening.

William Kendall said...

It's good that your mother in law is there for you.

peppylady (Dora) said...

No major issue with my inlaws. Actual I have more trouble with my own family.

River said...

My MIL? Pfft! She is still alive and will be 95 this year, that is all I know and all I care to know.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I never really appreciated my MIL until my mother was gone. I guess there was a bit of emotional conflict until then.

Sami said...

My Mother in law was a lovely and wise lady, always helpful and caring. We had a good relationship even though we lived in different countries. She died of a stroke at 74 in 2002.
So nice that your Mother in law is there for you.

My name is Erika. said...

I had a rough start with my MIL too. She thought I was totally incapable of things. Things I was capable of. Strange. When I was pregnant she told me birth would be hard as I was over 30. Nope, went a lot easier than her younger daughters by a long shot. That's just an example, I could go on. I don't think she realized what a doer I am and now that she is old, she just keeps her mouth more shut. Just a little. Nice to see it isn't just me. Hugs-Erika

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How nice that your MIL stepped up Iris. Believe it or not but I didn't really get on with P's mum at first but we did get close after a while, his dad was always lovely though ✨

Iris Flavia said...

Ingo´s Dad is always teasing me. Always. Once he was serious and I didn´t get it!!!
His fault! ;-)

Iris Flavia said...

Erika, that is really sad and bad. How can she not support you when you "give" her a Grandchild????
Mine was just grumpy we didn´t marry for such a long time.

Jeanie said...

Rick and I are more like you and Ingo before you married -- 23 or so years (I have to count back!) together but not married and living apart. But his mom is very sweet and while she lives far away and I'm not in contact with her like Rick is, apart from FB, I am delighted she seems to view me as his wife, not just as his longtime girlfriend!